Author Topic: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions  (Read 51690 times)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« on: November 7, 2003, 08:10 PM »
Just finished watching this and it was AWESOME!  I taped it, of course, and it was everything I was hoping it would be.  Anakin seems to be a bigtime bad a@@ in this, and I can't wait to see the rest of these.  I thought the teaser for Chapter 2 was pretty funny... only 5 seconds were shown.  LOL!

If you didn't have a chance to see, hopefully they'll air it again.  That reminds me, when is it going to be on again?
dustrho

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
Re: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« Reply #1 on: November 7, 2003, 08:12 PM »
It re-airs at midnight, EDT.  Also, it'll be available to Hyperspace subscribers on the official site within a half hour or so.

I think the episode was decent.  However, the intro sequence ate up a lot of the showtime.

The voice actors seemed decent.  Yoda sounded good, and so did Obi-Wan.  I didn't think Palpatine was quite so good though.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2003, 08:13 PM by Nicklab »
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: November 7, 2003, 08:19 PM »
The voice actors seemed decent.  Yoda sounded good, and so did Obi-Wan.  I didn't think Palpatine was quite so good though.

If I'm not mistaken I thought I read in one of the Star Wars Insider magazines that Ewan McGregor and Hayden Christensen did the voiceovers for their cartoon counterparts.   I swear I read that in one of them.  And Yoda sounded just like the real Yoda, so I wonder if Frank Oz did a voiceover for him.  ???

I watched the cartoon again, and again, and again, and the next chapter airs next Monday at 7/8ET.  Can't wait to see what takes place (even though there's a hint of a big space battle).

How about that Tauntaun-like creature Yoda came riding in on at the very beginning of it?  That was pretty cool.  And yes, Palpatine was pretty lame looking.
dustrho

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 7, 2003, 08:20 PM »
FINALLY! Something new and Star Wars that excedes all of my expectations! This was fan-frigging-tastic, I absolutely loved the cartoon. Cant wait to download it and watch it again. Im definately going to go all out trying to collect the cartoon stuff, everything I can get my hands on!

I do agree that the Palpatine voice left a little to be desired, and the intro kind of took up a bit of space. But now that its off to a start, I see good things coming!

Can anyone get to the Cartoon Network page to choose the Jedi that will be in the last episode, or enter the contest to get the cel?
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #4 on: November 7, 2003, 08:28 PM »
Can anyone get to the Cartoon Network page to choose the Jedi that will be in the last episode, or enter the contest to get the cel?

Yes, I was able to get into it.  I voted for Roron Corobb (an Ithorian).  And if you get to the point you can enter a contest to win a signed Clone Wars animation cel and a Hasbro Clone Wars prize pack.
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 7, 2003, 08:28 PM »
 :'(

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: November 7, 2003, 08:31 PM »
:'(

I take it you weren't able to see this, huh?
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 7, 2003, 08:42 PM »
Nope. We don't get it up here yet!
Now get this, posted at Theforce.net, Clone Wars Cartoon Will Skip Canada This Year!   :'(  We get it next year!

Click the link & read. We got screwed!

Clone Wars Cartoon Will Skip Canada This Year

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 7, 2003, 09:12 PM »
Got a link to the voting thing? Also want to sign up for the animation cell contest.

The only voice talents from Star Wars doing the cartoon is Anthony Daniels, everyone else is from Cartoon Network
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #9 on: November 7, 2003, 09:32 PM »
Got a link to the voting thing? Also want to sign up for the animation cell contest.

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/200311_jedi/index.html
dustrho

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 7, 2003, 10:45 PM »
My boys signed on Cartoon Network at 5:00 PM = nothing, so they say.

Is it on at 8:00 or 9:00 PST?

-Fish-

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 7, 2003, 10:49 PM »
to be honest, i thought it was too short for me to really form an opinion on, as to whether or not i liked it.   :-\ the action was cool, but it just seemed... i don't know. i don't understand why they didn't just make it an hour long special. would have been a whole lot easier to follow if you ask me.

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 7, 2003, 11:09 PM »
It just screened at 8:00 PST!  I thought it was good, and it will peak major interest with kids.   I had a conversation with a boy in the toy aisle the other day, the kids are interested.

I will continue to follow the chapters, and eventually buy the DVD.

-Fish-

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #13 on: November 7, 2003, 11:26 PM »
I really liked it.  Very energetic and more like the OT than the PT in style with all the droids and hanger shots and Yoda on his camel type thing.  Five minutes is WAY too short, though.  There's no good reason for it being little more than a commercial.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #14 on: November 8, 2003, 12:22 AM »
Yep, as I figured, this is going to be too much of a hassle for me to try to tune into or even tape, so count me in as one of the future DVD buyers!  Which by the way, was confirmed at the Lucasfilm licensing summit on Wednesday - Clone Wars shorts are indeed going to DVD.  I still think they'll somehow manage to intentionally leave at least some type of content exclusive to the Cartoon Channel somehow, just to piss us all off for thinking the DVD in and of itself, would suffice.  We'll see...

But I did catch some clips of these cartoons at San Diego Comic Con a few months back, and they were pretty cool.  Short, but cool.  I'd probably agree with Dave though, in that 3-5 minutes is just too short to really get into it.  Another reason the DVD will be great, is you can just (hopefully) watch them all consecutively.   8)

BTW, how long did it turn out to be tonight?  3 or 5 minutes?  What was the verdict?