Author Topic: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions  (Read 51676 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2003, 07:34 PM »
I had a blast with last night's episode.  Full of great action, and the intro of the ARC's.  The red arc's a squad leader or officer of sorts which is neat to know.  Shows a hiearchey and excuse for the colors/dots.  

I love the voices personally.  I'm hearing around the net that people disliked Anakin's and said he was too whiney, but I think that's important to his character, and that his voice was pretty close to Christensen's.  I like the "Snotty" aspect to his character where he feels held back and that others are jealous of his quick adaptation to the Jedi lifestyle, and mastery of the Jedi arts.  He's cocky and arrogant, and that plays well to the character overall I think.  Whiney dialogue and all.

The only complaint, if it's even that, which I had for the toon is, and this is an EU complaint overall.

Once again, the EU have said basically F it to the established continuity.  My case in point this time is the Republic Gunships which seemingly were dropping from space.  These ships, in the FILM even, are established as not having doors that cover the cargo/troop deployment area.  Only the 2 doors that swing out and back that cover the rear most portion are there, and actually have a small missle rack mounted in them.  

Why the Clone Wars writers opted to make these space-worthy craft instead of simply repulsor-lift atmospheric craft, I dunno.  They contradicted the film though completely because you can see inside the Gunships in E2 pretty clearly, and see there's no doors to cover it.  It's also a contradiction of the Incredible Cross Section.

Either way, it was great and that's all just minor stuff, but it's a thing EU does that is frustrating to some.  I mean, just do a little research, ya know?  Would an Acclamator Class cruiser coming into the Atmosphere to deploy the Gunships been that bad?  Oh well...

Overall, great, and here I am at 7:35 anxiously awaiting chapter 3!  This is great, and I hope and pray I'm able to get all of them on DVD somehow so I can watch them all in order and not have to worry about all this downloading crap online.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline aka DaBigKahuna

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2003, 08:45 PM »
Tonight's episode was great!  It seemed longer than the one on Friday, but I know it was the same length.  It was packed with action... that's exactly what we need to see.  And I loved it when those ARC Troopers and Clone Troopers popped out of that crashed Republic Gunship... very cool.

I now can see why you have been trying to land some Red ARC's.  They were shot calling.

Gotta love that gunship crashing and the commander just pops out and points!

If you download these can you then burn them onto a DVD to watch?  If so, how many episodes could you get on one DVD?

-Fish-

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2003, 09:17 PM »
Indeed, the Red ARC's rock.

They're squad leaders, if anyone's curious, as Obi-Wan addressed one as "Sergeant".  I really honestly think this is a good sign t hat the supposed color structure to the standard clones is a bit of a myth as well perpetuated by an ill-informed EU writer in the Visual Dictionary.  

Anyway, besides the EU stuff I was thinking of...

Tonight's episode rocked all. :)  Great footage of the various useful little gadgets ARC's use.  Who are the "basic" white clones with ARC's though?  I wonder if they're support or lowest level ARC's?  I'm guessing support troops personally.

Their equipment rocks...  I want clone Grappling hooks, Clone RPG/shoulder launchers, and clone hand-held sensor probes. :)

The Battledroid snipers also rocked the party with their neat visors and repeating blasters.  I'd take that as a figure!  

We NEED this stuff...  These cartoons are as big a tease as the last date I went on...  :)  Definitely leave ya wanting more!  

It's amazing what direction the SW universe is capable of taking...  With the right people running it.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2003, 09:21 PM »
We NEED this stuff...  These cartoons are as big a tease as the last date I went on...  :)  Definitely leave ya wanting more!  

that made me laugh out loud so hard... but not as hard as another experience i had today (which, unfortunately, is not forum suitable content)... but i couldn't agree more. i actually did not watch tonight's episode, and i don't think i'm going to watch anymore until they come out on dvd so that i can just sit down and watch an entire half hour, or hour, or whatever the total running time turns out to be.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2003, 09:28 PM »
I found Anakin's Starfighter at Target last night, and if I hadn't seen the cartoon, I wouldn't want it. But now... ;D

I found this today too!  I would have bought this vehicle no matter what.  Haven't taken it out of the box yet, but it is suh-weet!
dustrho

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 12, 2003, 02:52 AM »
I just watched the third chapter tonight. This series is very impressive and manages to capture the Star Wars universe wonderfully. On the downside, I don't like watching it in five minute chunks; it just goes by way to quick. I can't remember specifics, but isn't there supposed to be twelve chapters in the entire series? If so that will make a much better program to watch once it hits DVD. And, if they keep airing new episodes every night, they could theoretically get this released by Christmas. That would kick serious A$$! Personally, I think this is so well done that I’d like to see at least two hours total running time devoted to the Clone Wars exploits.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #36 on: November 12, 2003, 02:58 AM »
That would kick serious A$$!

It's OK Todd.  Let it flow man...  Like this:  ASS

Yeah, we've decided to let that one fly here, since we're all big boys...   ;)

Due to laziness and being too busy, I'm just going to pass on the CW shorts altogether, and watch them in one big fell swoop once they hit DVD.  Should be much more fun that way, and I've got the necessary patience to hold out for that...  Can't wait though.  Sounds like everyone's really digging these things.

Rumors abound that the series will continue on beyond the originally scheduled 24 (I think it was) episodes now...   8)

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 12, 2003, 07:15 AM »
I love this cartoon.  I figured the other end of the binculars in part II was going to be Durge and was surprised when it was actually a battle droid sniper.  How cool is that?

The possibilities are endless.  I can't wait to watch some more ;D
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 12, 2003, 10:06 AM »
Not that I didn't like them before, but is anyone else really liking these ARC Troopers after the last few episodes?  These tiny little cartoons make me want to pick up a few more, and definitely look for the red version.  I just thought the troopers were pretty awesome in last night's episode.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #39 on: November 12, 2003, 10:32 AM »
These cartoons are the best advertising campaign I've ever been subjected to...I'm GA-GA for CLONE WARS!!!

And hey guys, ASS! Another reason why I prefer JediDefender!  ;)
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2003, 10:35 AM »

And hey guys, ASS! Another reason why I prefer JediDefender!  ;)

Yeah, I don't why its so bad.  Its the answer to a crossword clue at least once every other puzzle in my crossword book ;)
Common sense isn't so common

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2003, 09:47 PM »
Tonight's episode was unique...

Durge was pretty badass, as expected, and while I still wonder about the character choice I think he's turned into one of the best figures Hasbro ever made (The deluxe one).

The little droid gang he has under his command is neat...  I wonder if they're his or created by the Geonosians in their droid factories?  Hmmm...

The whole "lance" idea's a little goofy...  It's ok, but I mean, come on...  The lancing of the AT-TE was a bit much.   ;D

I liked seeing the banking clan guys all snivvling in their command center, and Durge did show some coolness there (And when he did his victory grunt/noise thing).

I liked seeing the leveling of some of muunilist's city that's under seige too.  That was a pretty neat part I thought...  The Clones were made look like chumps tonight though after they were built up as super troopers last night.

I'm not as wild about Chapter 4 as the prior 3, but I'm still geeked to watch Chapter 5 which is going to have Kit Fisto for the first time. :)  

I'm also a bit curious about that space battle going on in Muunilist's orbit because they really are just skimming over it.

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2003, 10:15 PM »
Dammit, I totally missed it tonight!   >:(  I was under the assumption, for whatever reason, that this was only getting aired every Monday night... not every freaking weeknight.  So, I just missed chapter 3.  Damn does that piss me off.
dustrho

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2003, 10:15 AM »
one thing i am a little confused about... in the comic books, there were like 3-4 blue arc troopers, and all of them were killed with the exception of one. in the cartoon, it seems like there are only 2 blue and 1 red arc remaining alive. i know that the book and the show take place at different times, but which came first?

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2003, 10:44 AM »
Yes, Durge sure was bad ass, i kind of felt bad though when he was flying around on his speeder just blowing up all the Clone Troopers, that sucks.  But hey who were all those droids on the other speeders behind durge?
Do they have a name?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)