Author Topic: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions  (Read 51682 times)

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
Re: CLONE WARS Cartoon... Reactions
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2003, 07:09 PM »
I've downloaded Chapter 1, but cannot find any of the others to download...  :'(

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2003, 09:00 PM »
Dammit again... I missed tonight's episode!  I've had to work later all this week, so that's really starting to piss me off.  If anyone has downloaded these (Brad), could you possibly host it somewhere so I can download it?
dustrho

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2003, 09:12 PM »
I loved the Quarren and MonCals in tonights episode

These are a little bit too much action and not enough dialogue.

Pretty cool to see Kit swimming and flashing his trademark smile :-*

BTW, Hyperspace is worth whatever they charge you ;)

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2003, 11:04 AM »
Hey, i liked the Underwater Clone Troopers, those would make awesome new Clone Wars figures!  And the Kit smile, the greatest!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2003, 08:22 PM »
Chapter 6...

Wow!  Not a whole lotta movement in the overall story, but a NICE full episode to introduce Assaji Ventriss.  She rocked...  

She's got a shape-shifting ability too apparantly?  Through some force control I'm guessing since Dooku seemed to detect it/critique her ability.

She rocked all then by jumping into a great arena of gladiatorial combat.  What really got me was that I planned to do custom figures (Fan fic) of gladiator-ish aliens and such from Star Wars.  There was a Gammorrean and Aqualish which were the only 2 species I recognized.  The rest seemed to be a variety of large aliens and androids...  Not one human.  Kinda funny that Humans are a weak species of the galaxy but a "plague" upon the aliens in a way.

Anyway...  Assaji kicks everyone's ass there basically...  This little sick looking bald girl.  And makes them all look like chumps.  Her sabres are green and blue so far...  She seems like a dark jedi aspiring to become a Sith.

I wonder what her deal is though?  IS she looking to replace someone?  Is Dooku looking to off his master and become the master and this his apprentice?  Hmmm...

Dooku's voice was cool, and Assaji's was downright creepy.  Her glazed over white eyes were neat too.  Demonic looking.

Lots of death this episode too...  Aliens and androids in that arena were offed like Russel Crowe was in there doing the killing!  

A great redemption episode for the Kit Fisto episode which was mediocre.  Some of the alien designs were a bit "extreme" but I liked them ultimately.  My favorites were:

-Crab-guy with one eye
-Robot-thing that Assaji killed and his head bounced on the arena floor
-The Dog-like alien with cinderblock things on a chain (Big alien!)
-Aqualish "ninja" dood...  Long hair even.

Those were some cool characters I thought.  Like I said, some "extreme" stuff there, but for a big scene like that it seems worthy.  

I wonder what planet that was though?  Like where the hell is this underground combat event at?  Very mysterious.  It almost looked like Geonosis...  I'd liked to have seen where it was, and if ti was a Separatist thing or a public event that people just go to watch for craps and giggles.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2003, 09:32 PM »
Yeah, I was finally able to watch it again because I left a note about watching it tonight.  It was a pretty good episode, and I do have to agree with you that Asajj was quite demonic.  Very cool character.
dustrho

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 15, 2003, 11:02 AM »
Just curious, but why was Asajj's lightsabers blue and green in the show last night instead of red like the pics we've seen so far? The show rocked!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2003, 10:22 PM »
Just curious, but why was Asajj's lightsabers blue and green in the show last night instead of red like the pics we've seen so far?

I have a feeling it was that way because she'll earn the red lightsabers from Count Dooku.  That's the only thing I can think of.  I was freaking out the first time I saw her on the TV holding those non-red lightsabers.
dustrho

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2003, 09:50 AM »
Did anyone else notice the Wampa in the arena? Very cool episode.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2003, 10:51 AM »
I did not get to see that one!!!!!!!!!!  DAmn it!! :'(
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2003, 02:53 PM »
Yeah, that was a good episode the other night.  The other gladiators reminded me a lot of the Samurai Jack cartoon.   Yeah, I know it's the same creators but I could not help but see the influence there.  Definitely looking forward to tonight's confrontation between Asajj and Dooku.  

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2003, 03:05 PM »
Maybe I am being Captin Obvious when I say that www.cartoonnetwork.com/clonewars/ has the episodes uploaded for veiwing.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2003, 09:03 PM »
Kevin, you're absolutely right about that.  :)  Too bad you can't download them to your computer though.  Now I was able to watch the few that I missed.  Thanks!!!!
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2003, 09:13 PM »
Thanks Kevin....I've been to the site, just didn't notice the episode bar at the bottom  :P.
Beth

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2003, 09:31 PM »
Tonight's episode was a doozie for "plot".

It answered some Q's and raised some others...  Overall it gets a thumbs up from me.  Jumping from one story arc to another sucked, but now that they're moving THIS story arc along it's cool.  The Mon Calamari episode with Fisto STILL doesn't fit, and is definitely my least favorite.

So Assajj is a wanna-be sith which I sorta figured was going to be the story.  She's turning into a pawn, which is cool, because she thinks so highly of herself.  I'm curious if Dooku's just an unwitting pawn also though?  Hmmmm

Her sabres are now the curved-hilt reds we have known and loved, so we're cookin' there I guess...  She was given them as a gift after Dooku whipped her good in battle (twice), and subsequently destroyed her old blue/green combo.

I'm guessing she is a fallen Jedi of some sort?  Trained in the Jedi arts, but her training was abandoned because of her emotional state?

It's kinda cool having Sinead O'Connor go balistic and get sabres and want to be a Sith Lord.  It's also kinda cool that she's a weakling when it boils down to it, and that she'll be punked out by Anakin probably.

Very neat episode, lots of Dialogue, and the first sighting of Lord Sidious...  Good overall in this viewer's opinion.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77