Author Topic: New green A-Wing...  (Read 1857 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
New green A-Wing...
« on: January 12, 2003, 09:13 AM »
Assuming you found your way over to TPU to check out the new picture, what do you think of the green A-Wing?  Looks pretty spiffy to me, in an EU kind of way.  The sculpt was already great to begin with, and the green deco looks pretty good.  It appears to be coming in another nice window box similar to most of the previous vehicles of late.  It comes with a pack-in pilot figure which is always a plus.  It's hard to tell from the picture if it's an exact rehash of the version from the Rebel Pilot Cinema Scene 3-pack, but knowing Hasbro, I'm sure it is.

Bottom line is that it's another new vehicle (sorta), so I'm excited.  Though I'd prefer Hasbro focus its resources on polishing off the few remaining vehicles which have yet to appear in the modern era line first (Cloud Car, Sandcrawler, Jabba's Barge, Sith Infiltrator, etc.)

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:New green A-Wing...
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2003, 12:59 PM »
Woo Hoo. That looks pretty sweet. I like the color scheme.
Hard to tell what the pilot looks like so far. To bad they didn't have better pic's of him. It will make a nice addition to the collection.   :)

Offline Guttersnipe

• Jedi Initiate
  • Tramampoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2003, 06:05 AM »
Is it exactly the same as the POTF2 version with a repaint?
If it is, then we will get a tiddler of a pilot again :(
The pic is kind of fuzzy, does anyone know if the pilot is just a straight repaint or a new sculpt?

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2003, 03:00 AM »
As I mentioned above, it's the same mold as the POTF2 A-wing (which is really just the original Vintage mold), with some spruced up weathering and green paint apps.

It's hard to tell what the pilot is exactly from that blurry picture, but it appears to be one of the pilots from the Cinema Scene 3-pack from a couple years back.  But in all likelihood, the figure in that picture might just be a "fill in" figure just for that shot.  Knowing Hasbro though, I wouldn't expect anything more than a rehash of a previous pilot figure of some sort, with some slight paint differences.  But it's too early to know anything for sure...