Author Topic: Target and Walmart sales  (Read 2046 times)

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
Target and Walmart sales
« on: November 5, 2003, 06:06 PM »
I'm sure most people caught the Sunday Target ad for Clone Wars figures marked down to only $3.99, but in case you haven't tested the new prices out, they seem to work on ALL basic carded SW figures, Collection 1 & 2 of Saga included!   8)  Sure, it's only a buck, but saving money is always a good thing.

My local Walmart seems to have taken notice of Target's sale, and have marked all of their Star Wars figures down even lower.  Can't recall what the price was now, but it was in the mid $3 range.  Even better!

So if you've been holding off on buying that less than stellar figure that's been eyeing you for months, maybe now's the time!  I just hope it (or the actual cartoon debut) encourages some people to remove some of the hundreds of Clone Wars Anakin and Yoda figures filling all of our local pegs right now!  Getting really bored seeing nothing but those while out hunting.   >:(

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
Re: Target and Walmart sales
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2003, 10:39 PM »
This isn't a good enough sale for me to cleanup the garbage that WalMart has been offering for the past year.  Their stock is about a year behind the Targets in my area.  Target was AWESOME in August and September, but lately has about 30 each of Rambo Yoda and Anakin CW.  Me thinks they need to go a tad lower than $3.99 on these, but whatta I know.
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: November 6, 2003, 11:43 AM »
Yeah the Wal-Marts in Indy have marked down to $3.99.
But like everytime they do a markdown or price match with another store it seems that the Wal-Mart pegs go bare. I would bet everything that I own in my collection that when the sale is over the very next day the pegs are stocked once again. It always happens here in Indy for some reason.

I did picked up a few extra figs at Target this week for displays and such.

Scored the Bail Organa Wave this morning also.

For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2003, 04:01 PM »
After this sale ended last week, my local Target actually had new stuff. It was the Bail wave. Nothing on Saturday, new stuff on Sunday morning. Foul, I cry.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk