Author Topic: my custom speederbikes (kinda)  (Read 3452 times)

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
my custom speederbikes (kinda)
« on: November 12, 2003, 12:35 AM »
well, i guess they're not really customs in the truest sense of the word, but i picked up the bounty hunter 4 pack with the aurra sing bike, along with the clone trooper and the durge with their bikes, and i couldn't find a good way to display them. so, i took a few of the interogation droids that came with the target death star trooper sets and snapped the droid off, and glued the clear stand to the bottom of the bikes.

pay no attention to the surroundings (i.e. my messy workshop) - i'll try and take some better photos with a better background tomorrow. now i guess i have to customize the figures to make them look a little more natural on the bikes... except for durge, he kinda looks ok to me. i think they look pretty good, and it kind of gives the impression that the bike is "flying"... comments?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: my custom speederbikes (kinda)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2003, 03:28 AM »
That's a good idea Dave, but I didn't buy a ton of the sets to get the stand you speak of...  May take one extra if I have one though and cast it...

I'd suggest drilling a hole in the bottom maybe rather than gluing though.  more "permanent" in the hole, but it's on the underside and not too noticeable.  You could always remove the stand then too, if you wanted to admire it away from the stand or whatnot.

And I agree, Durge rocks with that bike...  Damn near the best figure Hasbro's ever made as far as overall value and even overall quality.

Go figure that it's all been used on Durge, a side-character from an EU project.   ;D
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2003, 06:43 PM »
Great Idea! jokabofe  I like that Idea alot but Im with Jesse James on this I will likely cast one and make my own.  Thanks for the Great Idea!

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2003, 07:10 PM »
That's a good idea Dave, but I didn't buy a ton of the sets to get the stand you speak of...  May take one extra if I have one though and cast it...
yeah, i went a little overboard when it came to that particular set, even though the death star trooper sucks ass. i have about 12 of them, because i wanted the figs for my death star diorama. but hey, at least i found a use for them :)

I'd suggest drilling a hole in the bottom maybe rather than gluing though.  more "permanent" in the hole, but it's on the underside and not too noticeable.  You could always remove the stand then too, if you wanted to admire it away from the stand or whatnot.
you know, i didn't think of that, but now that i do, i'm not sure if it would work... i think the bikes are hollow, and i'm not sure if the stand would stay in there well enough to hold the bike up. unless you put a spot of glue around where the stand goes inside the bike...

And I agree, Durge rocks with that bike...  Damn near the best figure Hasbro's ever made as far as overall value and even overall quality. Go figure that it's all been used on Durge, a side-character from an EU project.   ;D
i didn't think he looked all that great inside the packaging, and even after i opened it up and looked at him i wasn't really impressed to be honest. but for some reason, once i put him on that bike, he looks great.

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2003, 07:18 PM »
you know, i didn't think of that, but now that i do, i'm not sure if it would work... i think the bikes are hollow, and i'm not sure if the stand would stay in there well enough to hold the bike up. unless you put a spot of glue around where the stand goes inside the bike...

Unless you could find a slightly longer clear post/stand that would go all the way through the bike until it hits the top (on the inside), which would also work.

Either way, it does look very cool to have them displayed in a "flying" manner.  Just a bummer that your stands are now stuck to them is all.  Good idea though Dave!   8)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2003, 09:04 PM »
That's pretty good work there!  I really like that concept, and it does make the speeder bikes really look like they're floating/flying.
dustrho