Author Topic: Darth Vader's Tie --Alot of Photos--  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
Darth Vader's Tie --Alot of Photos--
« on: November 3, 2003, 08:08 AM »
As I stated in my Sithtrooper Thread I haven't been feeling to well... and haven't had the time needed to do alot of Customs but here is one I did the other day it's mainly just a repaint.  Also I am lacking the 2 missiles that came with this as I got it at a Garage Sale if anyone has these and are willing to part with them let me know.

Thanks,
Johnny

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Darth Vader's Tie --Alot of Photos--
« Reply #1 on: November 3, 2003, 11:43 AM »
Sucks that you have been sick...but that is some great work.  I love the weathering...it adds a ton to the rather basic flat gray that Hasbro originally did

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #2 on: November 3, 2003, 08:12 PM »
That is an awesome paint job there!  It looks a hell of a lot better than the original color. That is some great work!  I think it looks better without the missiles.  In fact, I think you should somehow try to seal up those holes, because I don't remember his ship having missile ports.
dustrho

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #3 on: November 3, 2003, 10:18 PM »
Ya know, Dustrho

I didn't think about that, I could do that...  but as you know there is also the protruding guns that retract inside this Toy,  I didn't show them but the have also been repainted and customized them.  I will have to probley Mold a some doors that lift when guns come out and close when retracted, but I will save that till I am really ready to work on it.  Your Idea was a great one...  But the doors would be so the function of the toy would still be intack.

Thanks, for your Idea if you had not said anything the door Idea would of never come to mind.  Also I know that some people mold some of these Parts if someone would mold me the Missiles or make some,  or as I stated in a previous post if you have them that came with toy and are willing ot part with let me know.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2003, 09:03 PM »
Valtar, good paint job on the TIE, looks more like the actual prop now. I'd suggest staying away from the missiles if you're looking to keep the TIE more movie-accurate. Did you think of placing damage on the left wing to simulate the damage wrought by the Falcon at the end of ANH?

happy customizing!
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot