Author Topic: To the staff: Thank you guys for allowing us to use the word "ass".  (Read 16076 times)

Offline Matt

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • Lobot's Duplex
Re: To the staff: Thank you guys for allowing us to use the word "ass".
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2003, 04:31 AM »
I just want to say that, regarding Josh's original reply, in no way did I see it as a "Rebelscum vs. Jedi Defender" thing.  I did see it as a "Rebelscum is big, and Jedi Defender is small" thing, but, you know, that shouldn't automatically be considered an insult or whatever to JD in any way.  It's the truth--Rebelscum is big, and Jedi Defender is small.  

In many ways, you could sum it up as "quantity vs. quality".  Over there in Wuher's, the oldest post on the first page, out of 35 threads, was posted about 27 hours ago.  Here, out of 30 threads on the first page, the last one on the first page was from November 9, six days ago.

So yeah, it's a lot slower over here, but is that necessarily a bad thing?  I don't think so.  Would it be nicer if this place was a little busier?  Sure.  But at what price?  Would something like the blow-out that Master Chief had over there tonight be worth it?  I don't think so.

The way I kind of look at it, is that this place is school--it might be a little slow and boring at times, but ultimately I'll "learn" more and be better off for being here.  Rebelscum is more like recess for me--a playground, a place to hang out and goof off--but, when you get down to it, really doesn't mean too much in the grand scheme of things.

As always, that's just me. . .
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 04:36 AM by Virex »
"The good news is that all that blood is actually ketchup. The bad news, however, is that all that ketchup is actually blood."

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2003, 09:16 AM »
Would something like the blow-out that Master Chief had over there tonight be worth it?  I don't think so.

oh man, i missed it... i just love that kind of stuff  ;D

i have to see if it's still up, or if it mysteriously disappeared....

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2003, 09:29 AM »
uhm hmmm, uhm hmmmm.... just as i suspected. it appears that a bunch of the ol' chefs posts from last night have disappeared. i wonder what happened to them?  ;)  ;)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2003, 11:11 AM »
I think we ran Master Chief out of the SW Internet world for good. Which is sad for Angy Ewok, because now he'll have nobody to pick on. :P

Back on topic, I'm glad to see that we can act like "adults" when we type. One of the reasons that JD is slowly becoming my favorite lace to hang. :)

Ass. ;D
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2003, 11:38 AM »
I'll find a new target...  :P

What you guys missed, and what will, I assume, be Chef's last submission to the SW World :

I hate the damn Nazi Mods here.They suck. I also  hate all the BS  around here. Everything is so ******* ironical because they warn me  not to ....:GASP: Namecalling or....Flaming..when I do it once in my 2  years stay. However...they don't warn anyone who name-call me or flame  me! :GASP: Isn't that ironic!?!?! I speak the truth! The Mods  recruited to become a Nazi!

I might get ban for this because....:GASP:  I "name call" and "Flame"  everyone! Holy crap! That is soooooo ironic! Wanna know what else os  ironic? Other boardmemebers are alot more offensive than me, but it  appeared that I am far alot more offensive than anyone else because I  "name-call" people! Holy crap! What a crime! Jeez louise! Those poor  victims!  Isn't that ironic? Why of course it is!!!!!

Besides that, he also called me a 'white trash hillbilly boy' or something like that... I haven't lived in Alabama that long, and I was born in Atlanta... so... (shrug).

As far as Berry taking things personal and out of context (what's new? ::) ) goes, you have to sort of forgive him for that. Afterall, Josh, I forgive you for being an "ironical nazi alien"...  :-*
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 11:44 AM by Angry Ewok »

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2003, 02:30 PM »
"ironical nazi alien"...  

I smell a UHF movie in the works.... ;D
Got Clones?

Offline Spawn

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2003, 04:09 PM »
Hello guys. Yes, it me..Master chief. Don't worry though, I won't cause any trouble here. ;)

I just want to say to Angry Ewok that it was a stupid thing to call him a "hilliebillie". It was also an immature reply. I felt it was injustified to call him a hillbillie.

But now that I'm here, I won't start any trouble with you guys.

And yes, I am banned for sure at RS. ;)

BTW Brad. Look like you still have me to pick on. :P ;)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2003, 04:11 PM by Spawn »

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2003, 08:16 PM »
You're supposed to be banned here too. I will have to look into that.

As for Josh, I didn't take it personally at all. I see that you didn't intentionally mean to sound like that, though, even after reading it again it still "sounds" to me like it was as I described.

I believe I was simply stating that I'm glad we don't have a lot of the trash that RebelScum has, and that it makes it all the better here. Yes, you have quite a bit of action over there, but just how much is worthwhile? So, with a combo of a large amount of posters that act stupid and less than desirable administration, I say we one up them where we lack in member count and quantity. Don't get me wrong though, RebelScum aside from the forums is a plethora of information and is one of the best sites in regards to content. I will give credit where credit is due, and Scum deserves credit.

It all comes down to quantity and quality. But I can assure you, as we get more quantity we will continue the quality. We do things different here at JediDefender.

Offline Spawn

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2003, 09:29 PM »
You're supposed to be banned here too. I will have to look into that.

Well, I hope not. As what I said. I got my act up and will not be causing any trouble here. Forget what I did at Rebelscum. Whatever I did at RS was incredibly stupid and immature. I didn't care what I was doing last night, but I relized I was being reckless for a stupid reason after AE just simply pointed out that I changed my account at RS. And what did I do? I got pissy at him for no reason and started calling him hilliebillie, which was another dumb mistake. So, whatever I did at Rebelscum, I'm definitly sure I won't do it here.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2003, 02:00 AM »
Ass.

I just want to type it again. Ass. It's almost as fun as the Red Mosquito boards.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2003, 03:30 AM »
Ass.

I just want to type it again. Ass. It's almost as fun as the Red Mosquito boards.

pearl jam fan, eh? the red mosquito boards are cool as hell....

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2003, 03:36 AM »
Love 'em. I signed up new today under the 'evenflow' moniker. I had a name there that I never used, then they relaunched the board or something, and I had to reregister. I'm liking the fact I can just use profanity without fear of being banned or getting the riot act from wannabe mods. (Not people from here, but site-that-shall-not-be-named.)

I notice a lot of crap, but it's still a great place to be.

Oh yeah, ASS!!!
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2003, 02:13 PM »
As for Josh, I didn't take it personally at all. I see that you didn't intentionally mean to sound like that, though, even after reading it again it still "sounds" to me like it was as I described.

Well, I'm glad you understand my intententions. I can tell you one thing: My intention was definitely not to start another "which place is better?" thread. I think that's been done to death already, and every time I've always said (and meant) that both sites have their merits, and I'll continue to visit both. Truth be told, I think that subject is dead anyway. Everyone has said their piece on it time and time again.

So that's the end of THAT particular line of conversation as far as I'm concerned.

BUT...as far as the reason for posting in this thread to begin with, I still think you guys can loose the filter over here....and you'd be just fine with it. That's all I ever really meant to say. It would definitely be cool to have total freedom of expression...and seeing as how we're in the company of adults (mostly) here, I don't think it would hurt much. It's just this man's opinion though.

Oh, and Spawn, Master Chef...whoever....I was one of the people that got to see all the stuff you said over at the other site...and I hope you're feeling better today. I don't think I've ever seen anyone have a breakdown in real life or online the way you did that night.

Good luck here.
Got Clones?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2003, 03:58 PM »
With kids (like MasterChef) making their way over here, I think it's best to keep some words off limits (sandlot echo) for-ever.

Hell/damn/ass/etc are all pretty tame.

Bastards.  :P

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2003, 09:57 PM »
Just a small test to see which words we can say:

Ass
Hell
Damn
Bastard
Bitch

I also say ban the filter. I'm sure that everybody on these forums has heard and/or said every swear word at least once (Maybe more ;))in their life, so it won't be anything we've never seen/heard/said/read before. That's just my opinion though.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks