Author Topic: Ghostbusters Figures!  (Read 26575 times)

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
Re: Ghostbusters Figures!
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2009, 11:34 AM »
I ordered a Ray along with Teela yesterday.  I'll be buying whatever Ghostbusters figures I can.
I got my Ray ordered within 3 minutes of him posting and he is suppose to arrive in 2 days.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #46 on: June 24, 2010, 07:57 AM »
Slightly OT, but I saw some of you guys have mentioned the Mattel Ghostbusters stuff in here. I'd love to get the six inch figures, but I know they're going from $30-70 each right now - is there any chance at all Mattel will be doing more runs of them, or is what's out there all there will be? I don't want to bite on an expensive lot to find them cheaper in retail reissues.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Masters of the Universe
« Reply #47 on: June 24, 2010, 11:22 AM »
Toyguru has said that they do plan on reissuing the Ghostbusters stuff eventually.  I missed out on Peck because I figured he would be around for a while.  I really want the containment unit.  They also are going to give us non slimed versions of Egon and Venkman.  Ray with his lab coat will come out next.  Lab Coat Ray comes with the subway ghost, and I'll bet the other lab coat 'Busters will have new ghosts as well.  I would also guess they will get around to giving us the darker uniforms from the second movie, Ray with his headgear and 6 inchers with removable proton packs. 

Offline Greedo The Green Menace

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 24, 2010, 01:07 PM »
I think I also read in one of the QnAs that they were planning on doing a four pack at some point.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #49 on: June 24, 2010, 05:33 PM »
Ah good, excellent news. And thanks to whomever moved my question - should have looked deeper for the thread.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 2, 2010, 09:53 AM »
Watch this week's episode of Mall Cops:Mall of America on TLC if you get a chance.  It's the "lockdown" episode and there is a quick segment at the beginning with the Twin Cities Ghostbusters.  They had their full gear on and the custom made Chevy Ecto 1 that I have witnessed on area highways before.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2010, 02:25 PM »
Anybody going to buy the 2011 Ecto-1 sub Matty will be offering this week?  I'm going to buy one along with a MOTUC one to save on shipping and sale day headaches.  I'm guessing Matty will make only a fixed amount of GB figures like they did with MOTU so the demand goes up and the line explodes. Mattel really is lucky they make toys people want, because they sure know how to screw with us.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2010, 03:06 PM »
I'm thinking about getting the sub, but I'm going to wait till we see whats shown at SDCC. Ultimately, if the sub is going to be 80% comprised of variants of the main 4 then I really have no interest.

Offline Matt R.

• Jedi Padawan
  • I got nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 23, 2010, 01:25 PM »
the tru exclusive gb 2 set is ok, I would have prefer the final fight scene in the first film, other than Venkman, the rest are still missing their gloves  >:( .  Love the retro real ghostbusters figures

• Jedi Padawan
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 23, 2010, 06:13 PM »
The direction this line is taking is very disappointing to me, though I'm not at all surprised considering it's Mattel. Honestly, all those new figure reveals and only one of em is actually not a GB variant. Theres so much potential here, considering all the neat ghost designs and whatnot, but they just keep putting out minor variations because of their "lets reuse these molds to death" policies. It works for DCU and MOTU, but for Ghostbusters? Not so much.

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #55 on: July 25, 2010, 10:44 AM »
That $50 PKE meter is pretty bad ass - the folks in the prop replica world are pretty upset about it, since they've spent a lot of time and money making basically the same thing, electronics and all. It's all good with me. I'll definitely track one of these down.

Here's a video, if you missed it.

Offline darth punkinhed

• Jedi Initiate
  • You did what? With who's cow? For a FF Weequay?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 4, 2010, 03:22 PM »
For anyone interested EE has "retro-action" Ghostbuster figures up for order. 8" figures with cloth outfits in retro Mego style packaging. It's just the main 4 but they're around $20ea. They won't be out until January according to the site but it's something else to consider if you just want the main 4 and don't want to go the Matty site path or have a scale preference. Not sure how they compare to what mattycollector is offering but I've ordered these instead of dealing with the frustration of the matty site. It kills me though that they'll do this for GB but won't do a retail line for MOTU.
The most prized possession of my entire star wars collection is my Sega Trilogy Special Edition Pinball Machine.

Offline knashdx

• Jedi Knight
  • I see Llama's
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 9, 2010, 03:31 PM »
Anybody going to buy the 2011 Ecto-1 sub Matty will be offering this week?  I'm going to buy one along with a MOTUC one to save on shipping and sale day headaches.  I'm guessing Matty will make only a fixed amount of GB figures like they did with MOTU so the demand goes up and the line explodes. Mattel really is lucky they make toys people want, because they sure know how to screw with us.

I signed up for it. Really the only reason being the Tully figure coming out. I know that one will be super hot and hard to get. As for the rest I am still mixed on them, but for $20 bucks it was worth it to me, especially since there are only 6 figures in a year not 12 like MOTU.
I have been told to go to hell; well at least I will know everyone there!

Offline Carpeteria3000

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • MTM
« Reply #58 on: November 7, 2010, 10:51 AM »
In case you all haven't seen it:

Ghostbusters II Four Pack w/Slimer at TRU

Not a bad deal for $50.

Offline shmashwitdaclub

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 7, 2010, 01:13 PM »
what are the main differences, other than the hats, between that posted above and this