Author Topic: Matrix Revolutions - who's seen it?!  (Read 2727 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Matrix Revolutions - who's seen it?!
« on: November 5, 2003, 08:45 PM »
So, the big finale for one of the biggest trilogies in history finally hit theaters today - Matrix Revolutions.  Who snuck out of work, or is pulling a late nighter, and checking it out?  I know at least one person who did (not me).

I never got around to catching Reloaded in theaters, so I need to watch that first before watching the final installment.  I'll have to snag the DVD soon.  I haven't heard such good things about the second flick, after nothing but praise for the first one.  Very interested to see how Revolutions will turn out now, especially in the fans eyes...

Thoughts?   :P

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Matrix Revolutions - who's seen it?!
« Reply #1 on: November 5, 2003, 08:52 PM »
"Reloaded" was a decent movie, but there were parts of it that totally sucked.  I'm not going to say anything that was actually in the movie, because I don't want to give anything away.  But, there were some really AWESOME action scenes.  I thought it was a good movie but wasn't as good as the orginal.
dustrho

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 5, 2003, 08:55 PM »
I just watched the first one on TV the other night.  Not a bad movie but I won't be rushing out to watch the other two.

As for the final installment, that seems to be where all the nephews are at the moment.  I'm sure it will receive rave reviews from them, they are bifg fans of the first two.
Beth

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 6, 2003, 10:03 AM »
My wife and I just rented "Reloaded" this past weekend, we never caught it in theatres either.  It was alright, but I wasn't overly impressed.  The fight scenes, of course, were still great...but I didn't think it was nearly as good as the first one.  The first one is a pretty good movie I think, good story and everything.  Haven't decided if we'll go see Revolutions in the theatre, or just wait it out like the last one, we'll see I guess.

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 6, 2003, 10:17 AM »
I liked the 1st one.  If it's on TV I will usually sit there and watch it.  I did not fall in love with it though.  The 2nd one is ok I suppose.  Like other comments I really enjoyed the action scenes especially the highway chase.  A few scenes were utter garbage IMO.  But I still want to go see the last one.  My wedding is in 2 weeks so I may not get a chance to see it for awhile yet.  Hope it's better than Reloaded.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #5 on: November 6, 2003, 11:46 AM »
I disliked the first Matrix movie.
The Second one I really liked.
The Third one has some good parts but I think it could of been so much more. Also the ending... well, when you see it then you will know. I did not care too much for the ending.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 6, 2003, 05:24 PM »
It's playing at the local IMAX theater, so when I get a free moment I'm gonna see it there.  That'll probably be next week at the earliest.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JoshEEE

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • My Star Wars collection
« Reply #7 on: November 8, 2003, 01:51 PM »
I saw it, hated it, and posted my review in the thread at RS about it.

In short, Don't waste your 8 bucks.
Got Clones?

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #8 on: November 8, 2003, 05:32 PM »
I saw it, and thought it sucked... Much like the second one, except... a different movie that sucked. Pretty lame, some good spots, but... I can't remember.

Offline obi 1 L kenobi

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 12:17 PM »
I saw it Friday with a friend using some free tickets, what a waste of time and free movie passes.  At least I didn't pay for it, but I still feel robbed.  Some people are complaining about the ending, which isn't what most people wanted, but that didn't bug me as much as the whole story.  It's hard to explain, but man the whole thing just blew chunks.  Very disappointing.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 02:13 PM »
I saw it on Sunday. When these guys make an ending, they make an ending, don't they?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline BigDumbWookiee

• Jedi Apprentice
  • It comes in pints?! I'm getting one.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2003, 03:43 PM »
Both Reloaded and Revolutions had some interesting sequences, but in general, and even moreso on Revolutions, I have never seen two more irritatingly slow movies in my life. I just wanted them to end so badly. Then, when Revolutions ended, I was dumbfounded. A crap ending to a crap film.

In other news, I saw Elf yesterday, and that was a pretty funny movie. Not a blockbuster or anything, nor is it meant to be, just a fun quick movie.
"Of all the things to worry about, the wookiee has no pants..."

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2003, 08:04 PM »
Carrie & I saw this today since we both had the day off, and I really loved this movie.  The action was intense, and I thought it had a good story line.  Neo was kicking some booty in that movie.  I don't understand why so many people didn't like it, but to each their own.
dustrho