Author Topic: Greetings, Fellow Customizers!  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Sandtrooperelite

• Youngling
  • "These aren't the droids you're looking for..."
    • View Profile
Greetings, Fellow Customizers!
« on: September 12, 2003, 11:59 AM »
While I am not new to customizing, I am new to this Forum.  I've been on the Rebelscum Listserv for a few years now.  I was told that one of the reasons the list has been pretty dead is that most of the critiques and such happen in Forums like this one.  So here I am!  

Chris
Sandtrooperelite

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Greetings, Fellow Customizers!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2003, 12:49 PM »
Hey Sandtrooper,

Welcome over here...

It's true, that the listserver's death has partly been caused by the heavier traffic on forums like over at Rebelscum (Ours doesn't get as much traffic right now, but that should/could change sometime).

The problem with the forum format though, is that most people are giving one or two lines as a "critique" which is utterly bogus if you ask me.

"Wow, that's great" does not constitute a critique, so even the old timers like me and a few others who hit the forums are a bit disinterested in some of what others have to say sometimes.

Hopefully when stuff's posted (including your own) we'll get some good solid critiquing as well as complementing!  The forums just are a breeding ground for the "passer-by" though so the one-liners are inevitable I guess.

Not us die-hards though!  We're all about tearing stuff down and building it back up...  Constructively of course.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Greetings, Fellow Customizers!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2003, 02:41 PM »
Hey there Chris.  Welcome to JD!  As Jesse already pointed out, we're relatively "young" in the world of customizing, but the interest here is growing quickly...  Looking forward to hopefully taking a gander at some of your work!

Enjoy the boards here, and let us know if you've got any questions or comments about anything at all.  We're here to serve!   8)

- Matt