Author Topic: °*° Star Tours *°*  (Read 12928 times)

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
°*° Star Tours *°*
« on: November 16, 2002, 01:33 PM »
hello, this is the topic for star tours ... O.K. ?  :)

so, anybody has a clue of what is SK-Z38 ?

if they are good, your toughts will be published at my site startours.bejedi.com

VLPS STAR TOURS page : http://startours.bejedi.com

« Last Edit: February 4, 2003, 04:55 PM by krisvds »

Offline Rancisis

• Youngling
  • BeJedi.com
    • View Profile
    • BeJedi.com
Re:°*° Star Tours *°*
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2002, 01:15 PM »
I'm curious about these figures too.
Doesn't anybody know how they look like :-\

And I think your links are kinda screwed up :o
« Last Edit: December 11, 2002, 12:30 PM by Rancisis »
BeJedi.com
Never underestimate the power of human stupidity...

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2002, 04:23 PM »

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2002, 07:19 AM »
I have still no clue... not even on eBay or any other site... :'(

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2002, 08:22 PM »
Just thought that I'd mention to everyone here that I pass right by Disneyland every few weeks (to see my family), and I can pick anybody up some of the Star Tours figures at cost ($10) plus shipping.  I can even look for the nicest MOMC one's if you're into that kinda thing.  Give me a hollar if you're still looking for any of these (the first 6), and hopefully I can help you out!

I'm really starting to wonder about that third wave though, with absolutely NO overseas or eBay sitings to date.  Hopefully they're still on the way.  If not, Hasbro better stick a beautifully resculpted R5-D4 on one of those new Saga cards, or else...!

On a side note, my wife and I went to Disneyland a couple weeks ago, and it was fun to go through the Star Tours line and see all the droids there that I now have as figures.  I hadn't even noticed a few of them before!

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2002, 01:02 AM »
Just thought that I'd mention to everyone here that I pass right by Disneyland every few weeks (to see my family), and I can pick anybody up some of the Star Tours figures at cost ($10) plus shipping.  I can even look for the nicest MOMC one's if you're into that kinda thing.  Give me a hollar if you're still looking for any of these (the first 6), and hopefully I can help you out!

I'm really starting to wonder about that third wave though, with absolutely NO overseas or eBay sitings to date.  Hopefully they're still on the way.  If not, Hasbro better stick a beautifully resculpted R5-D4 on one of those new Saga cards, or else...!

On a side note, my wife and I went to Disneyland a couple weeks ago, and it was fun to go through the Star Tours line and see all the droids there that I now have as figures.  I hadn't even noticed a few of them before!

Just sent you an email about the Star Tour figs... thanks!
dustrho

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Update On Potential 3rd Wave...
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2003, 05:05 PM »
Still looking for one more mint card to complete your set Chris, and then I'll fire them off to you!  My next trip down to Disneyland should be January 24th/25th, so I'll let you (and Dale) know what I can dig up!

On a side note, on my previous trip down there last week, I wound up having a nice little chat with the employee who works in the Star Traders shop (that sells the figures).  When he was ringing up the ones I was buying for Chris, he asked me if I'd be back for the third wave.  I replied that if/when the last 3 droids ever see the light of day, I'll be the first fool in line for them.  I then added that the the final wave now looked pretty doubtful at this point, since not even a hint or picture of them has hit anywhere online to date.

He quickly retorted, saying "No, not at all.  We're due to receive them near the end of next month (late February)."  I asked about the rumored Saga cardbacks for the final wave, but he said that as far as he knew, they'd definitely still be on the green POTJ cards.  So there ya' go.  Take it as you will, but this fella seemed surprisingly knowledgeable about the Star Tours line (and Star Wars in general) during our 5 minute chat about it, so hopefully he knows what he's talking about!  (fingers crossed...)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2003, 02:56 PM »
I got the first 2 waves of Star Tours figures through Disney Direct.  A word of caution to the MOMC crowd...their shipping quality is terrible!  

I'm still very curious what the third wave is going to look like.  That, and the packaging are the big question marks for me.

There is one more:  do you think that R5-D4 will be as we saw him in A New Hope, or like the red trimmed R5 droid that's been pictured at the Star Tours attraction at Disney/MGM Studios?
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: °*° Star Tours *°*
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2003, 02:25 PM »
I got the first 2 waves of Star Tours figures through Disney Direct.  A word of caution to the MOMC crowd...their shipping quality is terrible!
Most definitely!  I got my first two ST droids from Disney Delivers, and they were THRASHED when they arrived.  They just threw the 6 figures (yes, 3 of each) in a box, with one plastic Disney bag as packaging material.  Worst packing job I've ever seen!

I'm guessing the R5-D4 will be tailored from the one in the ST line, rather than the one we see in ANH (unfortunately).  Hopefully Hasbro will still put another new (ANH) R5-D4 out on the market in the near future though, especially since he's the only variety of astromech droid that we haven't been able to pick up recently to customize for our astromech armies.

Offline krisvds

• Jedi Initiate
  • VLPS
    • View Profile
    • VLPS
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2003, 11:44 AM »
it wil be the Star Tours R5-D4 ....

the 3° wave will come very sure !

and I have wave 1 now :)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: February 3, 2003, 06:49 PM »
No new Wave 3 (or Shuttle) news from my Disneyland trip this weekend.  I've got some ST droid figure purchasing updates for Chris, Dale, and Mike though, so I'll hit you guys up with an e-mail tonight!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 4, 2003, 10:06 AM »
Thanks Matt.    

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2003, 07:28 PM »
Wave 3 of the Star Tours droids has finally been shown, but since they'll most likely wind up being released on Saga cards, swing by the Saga section to discuss them in this thread:

Star Tours wave 3 FINALLY!

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2003, 01:42 PM »
I want to get a few of each of these figures. I will be ordering them from the WDW e-mail service like I have for the past two waves.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Sith Lord Cosmo

• Jedi Initiate
  • Detroit, WHAT?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 2, 2003, 06:03 PM »
Are waves one and two still out?  A buddy of mine is going to disney in a month and he said he'd pick me up what I needed
Hotter than Bond.  Cooler than Bullitt