Author Topic: Do You Display Your Figures with all Their "Stuff"?  (Read 3758 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Do You Display Your Figures with all Their "Stuff"?
« on: November 19, 2003, 09:46 AM »
Since the beginning of the Saga line, it seems Hasbro has gotten a little more generous with the accessories included with the basic figures.  For those of you who do open them up to display, do you include all the accessories with the figure, or do you just pick what you like to display them with?  Personally, partially because of space, I don't put out all of the accessories with my figures.  A few examples....Yoda Jedi Master....just his lightsaber, no "levitating" base of his cane, but then with the Yoda with Younglings I have him on his chair with his cane only.  Just personal preference I guess.  Also, I dont have the satellite thingy from Padme Pilot out, or the suitcase/box thing from the OPD Anakin, or the removable panels 3PO.  These are just a few examples, but I was wondering if you display your figures with all of their goodies, or just the ones you like.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
Re: Do You Display Your Figures with all Their "Stuff"?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2003, 10:16 AM »
It really depends on what it is. I don't have Padme's satellite dish out, but I'm glad they included it. I think its a nice little extra that will be fun when my kids get to play with the figures. I don't have Wat Tambor's little base thing out, but I'm rearranging my display now that I'm moving, so that may change.

One thing I've noticed while packing up and moving all my figures is that there are alot of accessories for these figures. But I say bring 'em on.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2003, 11:05 AM »
I do agree with that too Lando, I'm definitely not complaining about the amount of accessories...the more the better!  If I had a little more room, I would definitely display a few more as well.  Thanks for the reply, too :).

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2003, 11:39 AM »
I display most of my figures with their accessories, unless they are Jedi, or doubles, so I can show them with their sabers off, or in action poses, and what not. I keep most of my spare accessories (which arent alot, as most get displayed) in the part box that 3P0 came with.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2003, 05:41 PM »
I do not display with all the extras. Nice as they are there is no room for them all. I guess if we actually played with our toys we would utilize them all. I do not.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2003, 08:44 PM »
i try to display the figures with as much stuff that they come with as possible. i'm always afraid that i'm going to loose the small pieces if i don't put them on the shelves next to the figs. one thing i did not display however were the bases that came with coleman, aayla, barriss, etc. because there is not enough room on my "jedi" shelf in my display stand for all those stands. if i had the room i would display everything with everything, but as my collection grows, it just became too hard. hell, you can't even see all the figures in my collection anymore, because they are now stacked 3 or 4 deep on the shelves, there's so many. that's why i always put the new stuff in the front and push the old stuff to the back, or just keep the ones i like the most showing in the front  ;)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2003, 09:03 PM »
Some figures are displayed with their accessories, but most are not.  It all depends on the figure and how you actually intend on displaying it.
dustrho

Offline infallible

• Youngling
  • Wishing for Cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2003, 12:44 PM »
I display with accessories that make sense.  I'd display a pissed off looking Yoda with a lightsaber, but a kindly smiling Yoda with a cane.  I do like the pack-in bases that have been coming with the figures lately, so I'm using that with Bail and Wat.  But I have a storage container for the extras.  One drawer has guns and small stuff, the other has the bigger things.  (I also keep GI Joe accessories in with the guns.)  Top drawer holds the GI Joes and SW figs that I don't display (like the Han that came with beast-Jabba).

But my Admiral Akbar is not displayed with his wrist-blaster.  That's silly.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2003, 01:31 PM »
I'm in the "it depends" catagory right now...  Don't have the space to display EVERY figure as he is, so generally I replace figures with the best version available.

Case in point, my "Tatooine Luke" on display is the Flashback Luke which I feel is the best.  He has his rifle, hat, and binocs of course, but also has Beru's Tredwell pack-in, and a metal Luke sabre from the Saga Bespin figure, a poncho from the POTJ Qui-Gon, and the blastshield helmet...  He's a bit of a mess really.

And actually as I make customs that are superior to a figure(s) they also replace them.  Case in point, Darth Maul...  Only his EU incarnations are around at this point, as a "super" Darth Maul is in the works and will replace all the TPM Mauls made combined...  If that makes sense.  Shirtless, Concept Art, and Sith Training are all still there with their respective droids and other crap.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2003, 01:41 PM »
I am in the same boat as most everyone else- lack of space. I display a few figs with there items but most with out.  Now as my habits change I am finding that most of my figs- 98% of them now are stuffed in rubbermaid tubs waiting till I finish remodeling  the damn basement.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2003, 09:29 PM »
Mmm, space.  Need more.

I try to display with everything.  In the absence of a new Action Figure Archive, I would easily forget what goes with whom.  Love the Faytonni base though, brilliant.
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.