Author Topic: Yavin Wave  (Read 22842 times)

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
Re: Yavin Wave
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2004, 01:53 PM »
I just picked up the TIE Fighter today. They didnt have any  Captin Antilies, or Gold Leaders though.

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #46 on: February 17, 2004, 01:27 PM »
Here in Indy I found a lone General D. today at Wal-Mart.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 6, 2004, 06:48 PM »
Well....I still have yet to find this wave and it looks to be the only one that has Tanus in it.  Anyone else having bad luck with this wave??  

I've read about stores resetting for spring and I've also read that Target is dropping the Saga line so I'm not sure if I should panic yet.
Beth

Offline DoctorPadawan

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Get that poison out of your system
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 7, 2004, 04:49 PM »
It's actually been really dry here as far as basic figures go since late December.  We got one case of the Hoth wave at a local Wal*Mart around that time, and one case of the Yavin wave at the same WM in early February, but other than that, the only things that we get are metric tons of those Collection 1 and 2 2003 repack cases.  I've yet to see even the remnants of the Tatooine and Jabba's Palace waves around here, and from what I gather, a lot of people are having these same problems.  Stores are just not stocking stuff right now (except, again, for those damned repack cases) and when they do stock, they only get a case and it's months before they restock.

I don't know if I'd be worried just yet, because it's only the first part of the year, but I'm actually more worried about the waves that aren't even out yet.  With the focus switching to the OTC this summer/fall, Saga is pretty much going the way of the dodo.  Which means that finding the Endor wave is probably going to be really difficult since it will be the last wave of Saga ever done.  I've yet to see any comments on any of this year's Saga figures being reissued on the OTC cards (although it would be easy considering everyone this year is from the OT), so I'm a bit worried myself that this could turn into another tail-end of Episode I situation all over again.

Feel free to ignore anything I say though, as I'm extremely paranoid.  :)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #49 on: March 7, 2004, 11:38 PM »
I was lucky enough to get an Antilles from a local collector at one of our meetings this past weekend, and he's a pretty decent figure.

The helmet's easily one of the neatest accessories with a SW figure ever, and the gun's simply fantastic (Dare I say, it's to-scale?  Yes I do!)...  The headsculpt's passable for sure, but the figure's not without flaw.

Namely, lacking articulation (or odd articulation for his arms at least), a semi-rigid coat, some wrong paint application (inaccurate)...  

He's not flawless, but far superior to his RFT predecessory in my opinion.  My personal favorite pose right now is Antilles with hands clasped behind his back like he's overseeing his troops, or taking an order from Leia.

Now, to find the rest of this wave, and get my multiples of each that I want!  hah

Oh, the hunt continues.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #50 on: March 7, 2004, 11:41 PM »
Meh. The retailers here went for the damned repack cases. But at least TRU got the Hall of Fame assortment. But it's like opening a Christmas present and finding an empty box.

Me and Amazon gonna be really friendly soon, even if the figs are $8 a crack and half the wave isn't in stock right now.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 8, 2004, 12:27 AM »
this is the first wave of figures i've found at retail since... i don't even remember. just ask jedimac, he's been sending me just about everything for the past six months. and then two weeks ago, i wander into a tru just on a whim and find almost all of these... odd. i'm not complaining, just saying it's very odd to not find anything for 6 months and then see these. well, most of them at least.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2004, 10:13 AM »
Finally set Gold Leader in with the other Yavin Pilots (Tiree, Wedge, Luke, Biggs, Porkins) and he's really tall compared to the other guys, now maybe he's a giant Y-Wing pilot but it looks sort of funny with all the rest of them :-\

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2004, 10:31 AM »
So far I have been able to acquire General Dodonna, Captain Antillies, and Tie Pilot. Still no sign of Dutch or Elom.
I hope that these figures start to show up again. With the new Star Destroyer wave making it's way over I am starting to wonder.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2004, 10:01 AM »
WOW! It now seems this wave is all over the place; Wal-Mart, Meijers, K-Mart, and Target stores. Have not seen them at TRU yet.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 23, 2004, 10:57 AM »
2 days ago, I found the last of this wave the Tie Pilot, I found the rest last month along with about half of the Jabba's palace wave...at least I am not missing as much of the waves as I am missing from last year

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 23, 2004, 11:19 AM »
Still have not seen any of these at all!  Man is distribution really taking a big break in California right now!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2004, 04:23 PM »
Yakface has a feature up detailing how the arms, etc. on Antilles and Dodonna are interchangeable.  Interesting...you can check it out here:

Antilles - Dodonna Swap

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2004, 04:27 PM »
Holy crap is that cool!  I've been trying to figure out how I can do a headswap on these two for a few days now, that looks awesome.  Nicely done Hasbro!

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2004, 04:35 PM »
That's exactly what Jared (Tydirium) is working on right now...  Only I think he's using the boil and pop method, and didn't realize the arms just pop right out with no problem...

Jared?  Didn't need to get your stove fixed after all, apparently!   ;)