Author Topic: IS THERE A NEW MOFF IN THE WORK!!!!  (Read 4534 times)

Offline stan

• Jedi Initiate
  • Choose Your Destiny!!!!!!
    • View Profile
IS THERE A NEW MOFF IN THE WORK!!!!
« on: November 23, 2003, 12:08 AM »
Here for Hope!!!! Hasbro can please listen to the
Collectors out there on more Imperials please!!!!
Captain Needa
General Tagge
Cheif Bast
Wulf Ya?????
General Veers
and finally how about a new Moff  Jerorrod!!!

Hope we see some of these in the new Death Star wave
coming late summer of 2004!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: IS THERE A NEW MOFF IN THE WORK!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2003, 10:11 AM »
And Grand Moff Tarkin too!!!!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2003, 11:00 PM »
That would be great if there was...Yularen, Tagge and I'd love a new Tarkin too.  Basically all the guys they showed at the death star table up close

Offline sith lord

• Youngling
  • run,the ewoks are coming
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2003, 11:42 PM »
yeah it would be great to get those officers.especially moff jerjerrod.after all he was the second highest ranked officer in the trilogy next to tarkin. ;D
a super star destroyer is no match for an a-wing.

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2003, 01:21 AM »
An Imperial Conference Room Screen Scene would be so sweet:

SET 1 - seated Tarkin, seated General Tagge, standing Death Star Trooper (all with articulated knees)

SET 2 - seated Motti, seated Wulf Yavrin, standing Darth Vader (articulated knees again)

:P

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2003, 01:28 PM »
In the 2nd set I'd replace Vader with Bast.

Those sets are definitely not flying off shelves for anyone but collectors so I don't think a Vader would be necessary for the set (IMO).

Now, you include hats for MOST of those officers (lil removable ones), and I'm game for that awesome lil display...  And of course, make the table to-scale so it has room for you to flesh it out with the rest of the troop, should you decide to make them or god willing Hasbro did.

It'd be 100% for us, but I'd dig it...  Especially all the fodder it would leave us.  Even reused parts (The legs namely since they'd all pose to sit down) would help Hasbro save some $ there.  

The only prooblem really, like I said, is that those 3-packs aren't going anywhere fast.  Not here anyway.  Most Targets and some TRU's have upwards of 10 of each set.  That's not a good sign for their popularity, nor the longevity of the idea.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2003, 10:59 PM »
The only prooblem really, like I said, is that those 3-packs aren't going anywhere fast.  Not here anyway.  Most Targets and some TRU's have upwards of 10 of each set.  That's not a good sign for their popularity, nor the longevity of the idea.

Which is quite sad, since this was a pretty well executed idea (well except for the weird picking of articulation..). I have been seeing upwards of a dozen or so Screen Scenes at Target and TRU. I would hope this doesn't kill the line, perhaps the Xmas rush will move these bad boys so we can get more, like the DS conference table, which should have a properly scaled Tarkin. While the POTF2 Tarkin was great for its time, Peter Cushing did not have Brock Lesnar sized shoulders! :)
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2003, 12:53 PM »
Yeah, the popularity of the Screen Scenes has been surprising.  They are great sets, and Hasbro should be proud of them, but they are clogging shelves at this point.  I would have hoped that Hasbro knew not to over produce them since they are filled with mostly secondary characters.

I had high hopes for the Screen Scene line to continue, but at this point it seems to be a failure.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 2, 2003, 03:34 PM »
I bought all of them but the problem is they are $20 plus.  I actually defended the price initially but I did stare at them and question "Why should I pay $20 plus for that?"  Especially when you see single carded figs for under $5.  I know the accessories are nice and all but I just want the figures to be honest.  I had to spread out my purchasing of them over a 6 week span.  I really struggled with buying them or not.