Author Topic: KB Rules!!  (Read 5115 times)

DarkJediCB

KB Rules!!
« on: January 2, 2003, 01:06 AM »
I never thought I'd say that!!  What happened today changed my mind.

I went into a local KB to look for he elusive Ephant Mon, and to my suprise there were a ton of newer figures on the pegs.  All the pilots, Lott Dod, Destroyer Droid, Yoda High Council, etc.  When I asked the "kid" working if there were any out back(expecting to get a snide remark or a shrug), He suprised me by saying he would check, and if I wanted to, I could look through the 3 cases he had behind the counter. :o :o   Alas, I still don't have Mr. Mon, but my faith in KB has been renewed, and I picked up a Destroyer and Ki-Adi-Mundi instead. ;D
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 05:56 PM by JediMAC »

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re:KB Rules!!
« Reply #1 on: January 2, 2003, 01:33 AM »
Wow. Lucky you. Not everyone gets that lucky.
Congrat's on your find.  ;)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Re:KB Rules!!
« Reply #2 on: January 2, 2003, 09:15 AM »
My local KB has recenly gained some positives in my book as well. They seem very polite and helpfull over the last year and if I ask for something they seem to give an effort to find out. They usually will tell me when the trucks are coming in for deleveries if I can't find what I want. I can't look then because I need to work but it is a nice offer.
Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline Zam Wessell

• Youngling
  • MTFBWY
    • View Profile
KB Toys.com
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 06:46 PM »
KB Toys.com has Star Wars Lego at discount prices, but some of their prices are higher than other stores (Target and Wal*Mart.  Some things are okay prices for anyone interested.
Zam

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
kb toys
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 07:18 PM »
i went to a couple of kb stores today and they boyh had Nexu's marked down to $5.99, so maybe since the figs are the same price you can b.o.g.o. free

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Re: kb toys
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2003, 01:48 PM »
KB's in Indy have basic figures marked down to $2.99, Deluxe Figs $5.99, and the 4-packs $9.99.

No beasts at my KB but they do have all the PlaySkool sets and the Millennium Falcon set.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2003, 01:41 PM »
In my area WI they just marked the basic figs down to $1.99 time to build armies. :)

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2003, 07:33 PM »
The 4-packs here are only $7.  Not too shabby if you ask me!  :)
dustrho

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2003, 11:18 PM »
I hate Canada :'(
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2003, 01:06 PM »
stopped by my local kb last saturday figs on sale for $1.99 and all deluxe $5.99. making way for the Clone Wars line, i guess because i also picked up the AAT for $24, pretty good since i didn't get one the first time around.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2003, 01:15 PM by max_one »

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2003, 01:40 PM »
I guess I'll have to stop by my local KB Toys again, because they still haven't done any kind of sale on the figures.  The deluxe toys, some vehicles, and the 4-pack have all gone down in price.  Last I remember the 4-packs were only $7 each... not too shabby if you ask me.
dustrho

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 1, 2003, 04:20 PM »
Ok I just got back from a toy run at KB. WTF is the deal with them as a chain?
 There was 1 new droid 3 pack and 1 new clone wars jedi star fighter.

I asked the woman if the new stuff was starting to come in. Her reply is that was all they received in their shipment. They don't get full cases they get pre packaged assortments from who ever supplies the area stores?? So this basically was the break down she gave me. 12 saga starfighters 1 clone war version and 6 KB obi versions?

Are all KBs stocked with the already opened stock. And if that is the case is that a reason that some figs never seem to hit the shelfs? This just doesn't seem right.

But if you want army builders all old stock is $1.99

SilverZ

« Reply #12 on: August 1, 2003, 05:33 PM »
KB has some odd practices. I worked there for a Xmas season a few years ago as part of some odd American Beauty rebellion against my day job thing. They used to be (still probably are) owned by the same group as Pic N Save, and had a biz direction of bargain toys mixed with new, premium toys. The idea being that people come in for the latest, find it, or maybe not, and pay a premium if they do - and then notice something "on sale" for a more reasonable price in addition or instead. I used to work in the back; each container came off the truck with a sticker sheet on it from the wherehouse, pre-printed with the discount markdown looking red line through the original price.

Think you nailed what they do. I bet that they're sorting new merchandise in wherehouses and shipping their discounted overstock in their own boxes with it, probably to keep better inventory control in the stores. They've obviously been burned by Hasbro with Saga figures. All the stores here seem to have a 100/1 ratio of Zams to anything useful.

J

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2003, 07:45 PM »
i worked there last x-mas season for some extra cash and found out that i could take pick of whatever i wanted before it even hit the floor, i.e. Ephant Mon there were at least a dozen one delivery day the next day they were all gone, didn't even make it too the floor w/ the rest of figs, because the rest of the figs were still in the opened cases in the back. most of the employees that i worked w/ were collectors of some sort.

Offline JediMateo

• Youngling
  • Use the Fork, Luke, the Fork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 7, 2004, 09:32 PM »
My local KB is closing..

basic figs 1.79
4-packs 5.99
Saga Tie Fighter 15
good deals to be had