Author Topic: Alright SPORTS fans, name your teams!  (Read 26714 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re:Alright SPORTS fans, name your teams!
« Reply #15 on: March 4, 2003, 03:00 PM »
I'm sure max one, your favorite NBA is the Cavs, you are just embarressed to admit it, although you did list the Browns and Indians  ;D

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 4, 2003, 07:10 PM »
Hmm, how could I have missed this for so long ::)

NBA: When Irish eyes are smilin... (note, every time I post that, they lose).

NFL: Vikes

MLB: Twinkies

College BB - Louisville Cardinals, bring back Denny Crum!

CFL: Bombers, home boy.

NHL:  The Jets.  Oh, what?  Oh yeah, they moved.  Well, when they put in a salary cap, fold some of those silly southern US teams (hello, 4000 fans per game!?) and the Canadian dollar is no longer referred to as a Peso, we might, just might, maybe, possibly, get a team back.  What?  No, I'm not bitter, why do you ask?  Until then, I guess I'll adopt Ottawa Senators.  Can't cheer for the buds, the habs are the wife's team; canuck fans are too happy when the team is hot, invisible when it's not; no way flames, still haven't forgiven them for Macoun's crosscheck of Hawerchuk and never will I cheer for the Oil.  Those dyansty years were a bitch.  

Oh and one last thing.  Lakers suck.  BTW JediMac, you still owe me your wife in a trade.

gotta run...quickly ;D
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Alright SPORTS fans, name your teams!
« Reply #17 on: March 4, 2003, 11:25 PM »
Oh and one last thing.  Lakers suck.  BTW JediMac, you still owe me your wife in a trade.

gotta run...quickly ;D
Yeah, you better run!  You half-looney, Leprechaun lovin', four leaf clover collectin', green (with envy), Lucky Charm eatin', pansy-@$$ Celtics fan!  Is that quite enough to convey my dismay for you and your boys, or shall I go on?!   ;D

I'll see your butt, my friend, on the 21st.  Just don't expect this to happen again though!  Shaq-fu and the Kid are a comin' for you...!!!   :o

BTW Brent, I believe JoshEEE wound up offering up something better than you for my wife, so I shipped her off to Seattle in that trade instead.  I hope he was the winning bidder, otherwise I sent her to the wrong place!  What would it take to pry Jackie off of your hands, now that I'm wifeless due to that trade?!

EDIT:  OK Brent, I found the original link where I was trading my wife off, and it actually appears that you rescinded your offer at the last minute, so I'm correct - I don't owe you my wife!  Looks like I didn't actually owe her to Josh either.  Surprising that he never returned her.   Geez, he didn't even leave me any trading feedback either...  :P
« Last Edit: March 5, 2003, 02:10 AM by JediMAC »

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 5, 2003, 05:22 PM »
to tell the truth i've never even been to a b-ball game,but i did like the lakers back in the day of majic,worthy,a.c.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #19 on: March 5, 2003, 05:31 PM »
to tell the truth i've never even been to a b-ball game,but i did like the lakers back in the day of majic,worthy,a.c.
Yeah!  That's my boy!  Guy knows a good team when he sees one...  Let's not forget Kareem, Norm Nixon, Jamaal Wilkes, Michael Cooper, Kurt Rambis, Byron Scott, and most definitely Mike Smrek!  Five-time champions...

SHOWTIME!

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 5, 2003, 05:35 PM »
old school days back at the forum.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2003, 10:30 PM »
Just wanted to give my boys the Minnesota Wild their due for clinching a spot tonight in the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year.  The Playoffs are one of the most exciting events in sports and I remember fondly the North Stars run in 1991 where they lost to the Penguins in 7, maybe its a Gulf War thing and the Wild will make a repeat performance

Offline aliasjcb

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2003, 04:04 AM »
As it is now around 3 am and I have nothing better to do I thought I would add my teams!

NHL- not a huge fan but I keep up with the Nashville Predators since they are the local team.

NFL- I have been a Patriots fan forever though I am not sure what got me started on being a fan of the team in the first place. The Titans are second since they are local

MLB-The Padres even though I am sensing a horrible year. I was a huge Dodgers fan in my youth but then they got rid of Garvey and I became a Pads fan.

I really don't keep up with basketball. I hate the NBA but enjoy watching the occasional college game. The tournament this year has been good though I don't think any of the ret of the game can top the Gonzaga/Arizona game from last weekend.

John

Offline Zuckuss44

• Youngling
  • Let my hands speak for me!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2003, 10:44 PM »
NHL-Devils. If anyone dares to call out Stars, I'm going to have to show them who's boss.

NFL-Now, at the beginning of the season, I watched that some ESPN crew played a season of Madden 2002, on which they had the Bucaneers beat out the Bills in the Super Bowl. Now, they were half right, but I went along with that bet. So if anyone says that I just like winners, it wasn't because they won, I liked them from the start of the season. I've just given up on the Seahawks going anywhere.  :(

MLB-I've given up on baseball. It just seems so ludicrous that it's getting later and later. I wish they could have some afternoon games, or something that I could watch when I get home. But if I had to pick, it would the Red Sox. Or the Mets. Or the Rockies. Depends on what day it is. Usually by August I'm done with the Mets, though. Except in 2000.... :P

NBA-I don't like basketball, but I'll go with the Timberwolves.

MLS-Chicago Fire

International Soccer-Norway, Denmark, France, or pretty much anyone not the US. Yeah, I'm from the US, but I get to see a US team win enough in baseball, football, etc(unless a Canadian team, but I'm fine with that too). So it's always nice to see another country win.

NCAA-UConn. I've also taken a liking to any Kentucky, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, and Vermont teams. Probably just because they're my favorite states. Don't want to get into that now, though. And of course, I haven't been to college yet, so I don't have an alma mater to root for.

Olympics-depends on the sport, but I usually pick Norway or France for Winter Olympics, and the US or Australia for Summer. Unless there's some other reason to pick someone else.

Golf-Mickelson, Olazabal, and Garcia.

Don't really care about tennis, and can't think of anything else right now....

Offline FX-7

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 3, 2003, 01:54 PM »
I like the Broncos in the NFL.  I live in Western South Dakota so my home is closest to Denver (KC sucks!)  I don't like the Rockies though and have been a fan of the Astros for a while in baseball.  I also like the Nuggets but I don't like telling too many people that
Medical Droid Extrodinaire

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: April 3, 2003, 03:00 PM »
I also like the Nuggets but I don't like telling too many people that

I'd rather be a Nuggets fan than a Lakers fan FX-7

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #26 on: April 3, 2003, 06:21 PM »
I'd rather be a Nuggets fan than a Lakers fan FX-7

Might be a good idea for you Scott.  You'd probably have better luck with the Nuggets than the T-Wolves.  At least the Nug's have made it into the second round of the playoffs in the past decade!   ;D
« Last Edit: April 3, 2003, 06:29 PM by JediMAC »

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #27 on: June 3, 2003, 06:54 PM »
I'm sure a few of our newer members are sports fans, so I'm bumpin' this bad boy back up to see what other teams are supported by our fellow JD'ers here!   ;)

So chime on in sports enthusiasts!

Jango Fettish

« Reply #28 on: June 3, 2003, 07:04 PM »
Buccaneers. Thats all that matters to me. I wish I could just hybernate and be fed through a tube in the offseason.

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #29 on: June 3, 2003, 07:07 PM »
Buccaneers. Thats all that matters to me.

I'd forgotten about that.  Sorry Cory, but I don't like you anymore...

- The currently disgruntled Raider Fan   >:(