Author Topic: Burger King Glasses Figures!!!!!!  (Read 64890 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Burger King Glasses Figures!!!!!!
« Reply #90 on: June 4, 2004, 05:12 PM »
Just stumbled upon a pile of 8 of the new Leia cups (and no others) at my local Target.  I still haven't decided if I'm going "carded" or loose with these cup sets yet, so I've been playing it safe and getting 2 of each, just in case my incredible stupidity and Obsessive Compulsive Disorder gets the best of me again.  That's an ugly $108.14, for anyone who wants to give me $h!t about it...   :-\

It is not the best picture but for a webcam it looks alright.

Except for that fact that poor Luke's head has disappeared...   :P  Other than that, nice group shot there David!
« Last Edit: June 4, 2004, 05:14 PM by JediMAC »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 4, 2004, 09:21 PM »
I still haven't decided if I'm going "carded" or loose with these cup sets yet, so I've been playing it safe and getting 2 of each

So....you bought two of each, one to keep closed and one to pour your milk in while you play.  Just so you know, that means you have one carded and one loose. ;) :-*.

PS:  I'm just helping you make up your mind, I wouldn't dream about giving you ****  ;D
Beth

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #92 on: June 9, 2004, 04:20 PM »
I'm sure you wouldn't Beth...   :-X

I should elaborate (and clarify).  See, the plan here is to just keep ONE set of these.  I don't like them enough at $10 a pop to keep the regular carded (boxed) and loose version of each.  But I figured I'd play it safe and go ahead and get two, 'cause I know myself all too well by now, and know I'm going to eventually decide I "have to" have both of 'em...   ::)

And for what it's worth, I drink my milk right out of the carton, like most everything else I drink, so cups aren't a necessary part of my life.  Maybe I'll bring them to C3 to use to play drinking games with the JD gang there.   :P

Actually, I might just put them with/near my vintage Burger King glasses.  I'll have to think about that later on down the line though, as I don't want to tarnish the coolness factor of the real thing...   ;)

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 9, 2004, 10:36 PM »
Maybe I'll bring them to C3 to use to play drinking games with the JD gang there.   :P

;D  I'll take the Princess glass, please.
Beth

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 9, 2004, 11:12 PM »
Actually, I might just put them with/near my vintage Burger King glasses.

where do you keep those? i keep mine in the kitchen cabinets. yes, i actually *gasp* use them to drink from.  it's always fun when someone new comes over and i hand them a star wars vintage glass filled with... whatever.   :P

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #95 on: June 9, 2004, 11:18 PM »

Sorry Beth, but that one's reserved for Scott.   ;)  You can pick from the other 4 though.

Dave, right now I've just got my vintage BK glass set boxed up, but if/when I finally get around to setting up the collection room, I plan on displaying them on their own shelf somewhere in there.  Drink out of them?!   :o  God forbid!  Nuh-uh.  Maybe the new Target ones though...

I drank out of the vintage ones enough as a kid.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #96 on: June 9, 2004, 11:29 PM »

Sorry Beth, but that one's reserved for Scott.   ;)  You can pick from the other 4 though.
I love this man

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #97 on: June 10, 2004, 01:21 PM »
I love this man

Which is exactly why that particular cup is reserved for Scott.   :-X

« Last Edit: June 10, 2004, 01:51 PM by JediMAC »

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #98 on: June 10, 2004, 05:08 PM »
Is there any chance there will be a ring in the bottom of the glass when I receive it?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 7, 2004, 03:13 PM »
So, how has everyone's hunts for these been going?  I know not everyone is thrilled about these, and may not be getting them...but it seems its been pretty quiet on the Target glasses front lately.  I was originally planning on only picking up the OT glasses, but might break and pick up the PT ones if they go on clearance.  I have never seen any sign of the Luke and Anakin cups, and Obi and Maul are clogging up the shelves at most Targets around here.  I did see the Leia cups one time, and thankfully picked one up as I haven't seen them since.  Have the rest of you found all of these, or do you intend to pick them all up at all?

Offline DualSaberMaster

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Oh great, it's Fett"
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 7, 2004, 03:26 PM »
I found one lone Leia cup at one of my local Targets while looking for some OTC this past weekend.  This was the first time I saw her and quickly snatched her up.  I also was lucky enough to pick up the Anakin/Luke cups about a month ago.  That was the first and last time I saw those,and since then that Target has restocked with a whole pile of Maul/Obi-Wan cups.   ??? Wierd.
-Ricardo

"I'm like a bad penny, I always turn up"
"#1 Hater of PT Haters, OT+PT = SW Forever."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #101 on: July 7, 2004, 03:29 PM »
I'm still looking for Luke and Leia cup sets.

Most Targets here have Obi-Wan and Maul clogging up the works.

I noticed this weekend that the Clone Wars Animated figures are now on clearance, I wonder if these cup-sets will be next...?

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 7, 2004, 07:07 PM »
i actually got all 5 of them. well, technically, i didn't get any of them personally, but i have all 5 of them in my possession thanks to a few buddys who are always on the lookout for star wars items. thank god for cell phones  ;D

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 7, 2004, 09:12 PM »
Anakin and Luke are still in abundance at the only Target in the U.P. so I think I am going to miss out on Leia altogether.   :-\
Beth

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #104 on: July 7, 2004, 09:48 PM »
Still looking for Leia here. I just got Luke and Anakin about two weeks ago in a city an hour away from here. ::)
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk