Author Topic: SAGA Drying Up Again?  (Read 17819 times)

Offline Jim

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
SAGA Drying Up Again?
« on: December 3, 2003, 07:28 AM »
The same thing is happening this year as it was last.  No new SAGA figs again in any stores in my area.  The last wave seen in my area was the Emperor wave about 2 months ago.  Now all the pegs are either empty or stuck with older stock.  I realize this is the Christmas season, but no figs?  Anyone else seeing a trend similar to late last year?

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: SAGA Drying Up Again?
« Reply #1 on: December 3, 2003, 09:13 AM »
I'm not sure what to think yet, I was hoping that Saga would be a little easier to find now that most of the stores around here have cleared out the older stuff...but I haven't seen a whole lot lately.  I can't complain, as I have seen remnants of the Dignitary/Bail/Padme wave, but never the whole wave at once (and I still haven't seen Obi or the Concept Trooper, the ones I was actually looking for :P).  Otherwise, around here, it has basically been solid Clone Wars figures at most stores, as well as plenty of Screen Scenes.  I'm really hoping things pick up on the Saga side of things, because I haven't been preordering any 2004 figures with the hopes that I could find them at retail...but I'm starting to worry a little bit too.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 3, 2003, 10:52 AM »
that is true, Clone Wars is taking over some Target stores over here, i went to Target on Sisk, and found nothing but a million Anakin's & Yodas.  It phist me off so bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 3, 2003, 04:44 PM »
Stuffs been hitting like crazy in the NY area.  Including the new Ultra figures at just about every TRU I've been to in the past couple of days.  And Target's been getting the latest SAGA wave in pretty decent quantity.  It might just be a regional thing for you.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 3, 2003, 06:39 PM »
Ultra figures :o  Damn Nick, you need any more hockey variants ;)
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #5 on: December 3, 2003, 10:48 PM »
I gotta agree with Nick.  As a Queens, NY, resident I've been seeing lots of Saga and Clone Wars.  In fact, I found Elan and Padme at a K-mart  last weekend, Bail and teh Dignitary at a Target the week beofre.   And I too found an Ultra 3PO tonight at TRU.  He was the last one.

However, I'm sure it will be like this until X-mas, but after that I think things will dry up like last year.
If that happens, I will consider ordering online.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #6 on: December 3, 2003, 10:55 PM »
Well, living in the Chicagoland area you think there would be tons of good Star Wars goodies, but hardly a thing.  One of my buddies (Darth Berger) found me an Ayy Vida (did I spell that right?), but I haven't seen anything new in a while.  Well, I did find a Saga A-Wing Fighter, but no new figures.
dustrho

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 3, 2003, 11:59 PM »
I've totally lucked out on my SAGA finds lately, so I won't be complaining one bit about it for a while.

My gripe though is the overproduction of CW Anakin/Yoda wave.  As if there weren't enough of these pegwarming pieces of junk, they release this wave again with the red ARC Trooper.  I have no problem with red ARC Troopers being released, but they should have released it in a different wave, not a reissue wave of that junk.

:P

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 4, 2003, 10:58 AM »
Has anyone found the Clone Wars Wave 3 yet or seen it?  I noticed Entertainment Earth is sold out or "OUT OF STOCK - More on Order" already.  >:(

SilverZ

« Reply #9 on: December 4, 2003, 02:01 PM »
Well, round these parts things haven't been too good at my Targets or TRU, but its definitely just my immediate area. The pegs are chock full of late '02 figures and the occasional Hoth Han.

I'm picking up that CW wave from EE today willcall. I mentioned in the store reports section that I'm worried about this wave at retail, based on EE being extremely late in recieving the earlier CW shipments when b&m stores were getting them en-masse. Now, they have them first, which could mean Hasbro isn't busy shafting small etailers to get stock out to key accounts like walmart. We'll see, I hope thats not the case...

J

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #10 on: December 4, 2003, 02:18 PM »
Hey Nicklab, which stores were you checking? I just went to TRU Times Square on my lunch break, and I didn't find anything new. And Union Square seems like a lost cause. I don't think I've ever found anything there.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 4, 2003, 02:22 PM »
i might get lucky tonight and score some Clone Wars Wave 3 figures, if the comic store got their's in stock, but i really doubt they did already.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 4, 2003, 05:59 PM »
Hey Nicklab, which stores were you checking? I just went to TRU Times Square on my lunch break, and I didn't find anything new. And Union Square seems like a lost cause. I don't think I've ever found anything there.

Sorry Lando, I only share that kind of info at the NJSWCC.  It's a local New Jersey thing I'm part of.

However, during the late summer, I was going to the Times Square store somewhat often.  Several times I did okay there, so it might be worth checking back.  It is, after all, the flagship store of the chain, and they get a lot of the good stuff.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2003, 06:00 PM by Nicklab »

Feedback

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 4, 2003, 11:36 PM »
hey Nick, what part of jersey are you located? i'm in bayonne myself, which is near jersey city and hoboken if you don't know... 'cause no one knows where the hell bayonne is  ;D

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 5, 2003, 10:29 AM »
I know where Bayonne is.  I'm in the North Jersey area.  Also, I see you've rejoined.  

Feedback