Author Topic: SAGA Drying Up Again?  (Read 17821 times)

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
Re: SAGA Drying Up Again?
« Reply #15 on: December 5, 2003, 11:40 AM »
Hey Nick, you can talk all you want about New Jersey stores and finds at  your NJ site, but I think if you're finding stuff in NY, and NYC, you should share with us too.

It is just so typical of people from NJ to benefit from NYC, and do nothing to support New Yorkers!

(I'm joking.  I grew up in NJ!)
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #16 on: December 5, 2003, 12:49 PM »
Hey Nick, you can talk all you want about New Jersey stores and finds at  your NJ site, but I think if you're finding stuff in NY, and NYC, you should share with us too.

It is just so typical of people from NJ to benefit from NYC, and do nothing to support New Yorkers!

I think it would be cool to do that. We are a pretty small community over here, so I don't think it would do any damage.

I can understand your reasoning behind keeping your info exclusive, but it still seems kind of elitist. Obviously its your prerogative, but aren't you also a member of this community?

Don't take this personally, I'm just looking at it from the other side of the fence.  :-\

And just for some lighthearted fun, here's you!!! :P

(Hopefully you've seen that Simpsons episode, and get the joke :D)
« Last Edit: December 5, 2003, 12:59 PM by LandotheScoundrel »
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 5, 2003, 02:46 PM »
Entertainment Earth has :

Wave 15 : Ayy Vida, Padme, Bail etc....... IN STOCK

SW Basic Figures Wave 1B : Hoth Wave , Re-carded Aayla , Barriss, etc... .......IN STOCK

SW Basic Figures Wave 1C : Re-carded Boba, Anakin, Han (Brown Coat),................ IN STOCK

Go order those while you can, they will be here in time for christmas!!! They are selling very quickly!
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 5, 2003, 06:13 PM »

I think it would be cool to do that. We are a pretty small community over here, so I don't think it would do any damage.

I can understand your reasoning behind keeping your info exclusive, but it still seems kind of elitist. Obviously its your prerogative, but aren't you also a member of this community?

Don't take this personally, I'm just looking at it from the other side of the fence.  :-\

And just for some lighthearted fun, here's you!!! :P

(Hopefully you've seen that Simpsons episode, and get the joke :D)

The intention behind it isn't elitist in the least.  It's more of a rewards based system.  Basically, it asks you to contribute reports in order to access them.

As for my contributions to this community, I think it's everyone's perogative to decide what they will and will not contribute in a given forum.  And I just prefer to keep that kind of info local.  Not a slight against anyone, just the way I prefer to do things.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 8, 2003, 01:47 PM »
picked up Padme (Lars Homestead) at Target.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2004, 01:04 PM »
This is a little bit older topic, but I thought with everyone's different store reports lately (or lack of), it might be relevant again.  It seems like we are going through another dry spell (many areas at least) lately, with little to nothing new showing up.  Personally, in the Eastern Nebraska/Western Iowa area I haven't seen anything since the Tatooine Wave in the last week of January or so.  I was fortunate enough to receive a number of figs (including Ultra Wampa) from Matt (JediMAC) here, to help me keep caught up.  Otherwise, I haven't seen an Ultra figure for quite some time (Jabba where are you?), and nothing new basic wise either.  I have seen all of the Animated Clone Wars figures at one time or another (except for the Clonetrooper, which I was also helped out on by Matt).  Also, this past weekend, there were a couple sets of the Maul/Obi glasses at Target.  I picked up the Obi, so at least it is something new.  I guess this isn't anything like the drought I (and many of us) went through in parts of last year, but it seems like there is a little lull in Star Wars land right now.  I'm almost scared to hear any new wave finds, since I'm already behind with the Jabba's Palace and Yavin waves :P.  Good luck to everyone in their searches!

Offline Playgirl

• Jedi Initiate
  • Slice and DICE
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2004, 10:38 PM »
I thought I would be put in the poor house this year, but if nothing shows up I might forget about Star Wars (probably not on purpose) and stop collecting.  I used to check my Target about once every 2 weeks, but now its more like once every 2 months... NOTHING.

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2004, 11:57 PM »
Here in Utah we are seeing, while I am seeing the Yavin wave in abundance. I scored four cases of the Yavin Wave (please do not yell at me, I resell to my fellow collectors so we ensure that we get em) and have sold them to my fellow collectors here in northern Utah. So the Yavin wave is showing up. Word of advice though, is Target, TRU and Wally seem to only be getting one or two cases in so the figures GO FAST.  
This is alot like last year IMO. First of the year had figures coming out, but only in small allotments. Luckily we got them repacked in August forward and we could find them quite readily.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2004, 12:24 AM »
I found the Yavin wave today, minus Tanus Spijek. STILL haven't found the Jabba's Palace wave. Grr. Arrgh.

Only one case though. Complete BS.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2004, 04:23 AM »
Good score, HMI.  I was in Kansas City for a few days and found nothing there either.  More Simpsons stuff than I've seen in ages - lots of TRU exclusives, including the THOH4 which never came here to Iowa.  Tons of those.

Both KB's there were closing up shop, 70% off, nothing.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2004, 01:21 AM »
Spuffy- did you notice how the Waterloo Wal-mart has exactly two figures on the pegs? I'm thinking about pulling a John Stossel by sneaking in my digicam, taking a few pictures of the place (it's a hellhole in every nook and cranny) and sending them to Wal-Mart HQ complaining about the place.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2004, 12:17 PM »
Last thing I found was Jabba's Palace Lando, along with Bar2-D2 and R1-G4, and that's it. Unfortunatley I found wave 2 ultras yesterday but had no money  :-\

So I guess it's not dry down here, just a lot of thirsty collectors.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2004, 12:18 PM by Supreme General Vator »
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2004, 04:21 PM »
I totally hear you, HMI.  That place is a zoo, no exaggeration.  The last time I was there we were in the checkout lane for a half hour because the person did not know what they were doing.  This was after finding both bathrooms locked, only after walking clear around the store because half of it was inaccessible due to cleaning.

Which begs the question: why do they clean?  It appears to make no difference whatsoever.

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2004, 11:01 PM »
Saw a Deluxe - Wampa at Wal-Mart.

But found not one single, new 3 3/4 figure.  So far 2004 is just like early 2003!

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2004, 03:10 PM »
Seems to continue to be dry as a bone around here.  Got a chance to do some shopping in a little bigger area (Omaha, NE) this weekend, and it was almost worse there than it is around here.  All I could find was Dignitaries, repacks of Barris, Aayla, and Younglings, and some more Animated Clone Wars figures.  I guess every year has some sort of down time like this, hopefully things will start showing up for people soon.  A side note, I don't think any of the Wal-Marts nearest to us (all three of the "super" variety) even have pegs for the Ultra wave, has anyone else noticed this?