Author Topic: SAGA Drying Up Again?  (Read 17815 times)

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
Re: SAGA Drying Up Again?
« Reply #45 on: April 6, 2004, 09:15 PM »
I think once we start to get near the end of 04 there will be no more SAGA. Just OTC and the start of EP III figures.
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 7, 2004, 06:53 PM »
I mad a trip to KBToys today and found tons of Star Wars 2004 figures!

They had about :

5x Tanus Spijek - which I was shocked because he is rare isnt he?
10 or more - General Dodonna
10 or more - Captain Antilles
10 or more - Dutch Vander
5x Luke Skywalker - Holographic
2x J' Quille
10 or more - Lando Calrissian - Jabba's Palace
10 or more - Rappertunie
7x TIE Fighter Pilot

I was so shocked, so yes I picked up 1 of each.  Amazing it was!

Which one is the rarest?
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #47 on: April 11, 2004, 01:17 AM »
Wow man, I'd need a mop if I found that many cool figures in one place.

Still sucks here.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 11, 2004, 01:47 PM »
Actually, Tanus should start to become easier to find.  EE has him coming out two per case in a new case assortment that should arrive in May, maybe it is hitting now. J'Quille should be the hard one cause he is only in one case with no future release in another wave assortment out at this time. Hasbro could change all of that.
I personally think the Saga will be hard to find until late October and early November. After the OTC has been released, I think we'll see the Saga hit the holiday rush like we did in 2003.  Then next Jan. to April becomes VERY dry for collectors.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 12, 2004, 10:01 AM »
More of the same around here, after checking out Target and TRU this weekend.  Target re-stocked (since last week when I was there) with the Hoth and Tatooine waves, that had at least one of each figure from those waves.  Otherwise, it was just more of the Animated Clone Wars (Wave 1 only the way it looked).  At TRU, the basic figure selection was poor, consisting of mainly R-3POs, Bail Organas, and Ack Med-Beqs.  They did also have 3 each of Jabba and his Denizens, as well as 2 Wampas.  I also saw 2 of the new X-Wings on the shelves there, and several 12" figures collecting dust.  I saw a little boy of about 7 or 8 ask his mother for the X-Wing, only to be turned down.  Disappointing to see that, a child actually interested in Star Wars but unable to get it.  Otherwise, still no sightings of Yavin/Jabba's Palace/Star Destroyer waves around here really.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2004, 12:48 AM »
I've seen a lot of kids pick up those Animated Clone Wars figures. Too bad Target priced them at $7, because the kids get turned down all the time because they're "too expensive," to quote their parental units.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #51 on: April 13, 2004, 05:43 AM »
Yup.  I think the "Mom, can I?" ceiling is around $6 any ol' day, $10 birthdays.  $6-8 depending on the size/quality/value.  Those Turtles figs with the DVD's, every kid I see carries one of those around.  

Kids look at SW (basic) but that's it.  Parents love LOTR, Spider-Man, and of course, Transformers.

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 13, 2004, 07:25 AM »
Basic figures here cost $12  :(
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 13, 2004, 11:34 AM »
Ouch!!!!!

Offline Rob L

• Jedi Initiate
  • Timelord
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 14, 2004, 04:01 PM »
It was one of the main reasons why I had to stop my One Open, One Carded collecting habits.
Palitoy...it ain't yellow :)

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2004, 08:41 PM »
Most of my finds have been at TRU lately. I wonder if this dry spell has anything to do with Hasbro trying to concentrate on real toy stores (what's left of them) and not so much on Wal-mart and Target. I haven't seen much at either Target and especially Wal-Mart lately.

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2004, 09:47 AM »
That's a good point HMI.  TRU has been getting somewhat regular shipments around here too from what I have seen, although they still have a lot of the Outlander Club wave collecting dust.  They have gotten Ultras of Jabba/Denizens/Wampa/Obi/Jango here and there, and I saw one Rappertunie there two weeks ago so they must have had the Jabba's Palace wave at one point.  Target has been the best place for me personally this year, although they haven't had anything past the Tatooine wave for quite some time now.  Wal-Mart has been a wasteland at every one I have been to.  All I have seen is Dignitaries, Outlander Club, and Ashla/Jempa repacks at three different stores.  That's ok with me, I'm not all that crazy about going to Wal-Mart anyways.