Author Topic: Santa Yoda!  (Read 13998 times)

Offline Force Guy

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Nom nom nom
    • View Profile
Re: Santa Yoda!
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2003, 06:54 PM »
You guys just gotta realize that these "gimmicks" aren't anything new. They are just McQuarrie concept sketches coming to life in the form of figures.

And that makes the idea less silly how?  It's still a gimmick.  And for the record, I think it's just as silly to have multiple versions of the same fig (especially when they didn't really change costumes in the movie).  Good examples include Anakin, Jango, Chewie, & R2.  Of course, some collectors will buy the 20th version of Maul with a smile.  More power to to them.  Anyway, there's no doubt that there's obviously a market for SW X-mas figs.  But then again, there's also quite a market for N'Sync CD's too.  
Binders full of astromechs...

Jango Fettish

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2003, 08:01 PM »
There's a market for everything, and I didn't even bother touching on how silly they were, because people still clambered all over for the C3 + R2 set.

It's unique, and *I* think it's fun. They may look silly, but they sell.
Think that old adage of not liking it and not buying it fits in here.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2003, 08:59 PM »
I think it is a nice idea. I will be getting one for me and one for my mother since she is a Yoda nut.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Snively Bandar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Hug a llama today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2003, 08:25 PM »
The holiday figures are obviously not everybody's cup of tea.  So what's the big deal?  You either hate them, or think they're kind of fun.  I'm of the opinion that they're pretty cool (Yoda & the previous droids), in an EU kind of way.  Just don't get them if you think they're lame.  I think they'll at the very least be fun little decorations for the average Star Wars fan or collector to put out around the house during the Holiday season.   8)

I think the Yoda is a nice representation of the McQuarrie artwork once again.  Good job Hasbro!  Now just give us some more McQuarrie artwork/concept figures in the regular line and I'll be even happier!

So how many people signed up for the Lightspeed Pass from Paizo for the Yoda?

Jango Fettish

« Reply #19 on: July 21, 2003, 08:54 PM »
It wasn't even up when the news broke, so I had to wait. But I got an e-mail from Paizo, and man they are fast, saying I was ready to roll, and will be e mailed with the date of availability in September.  ;D

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2003, 02:00 PM »

Can't wait :-*

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2003, 05:36 PM »
If the 3PO/R2 were easily found I'd be happy to pick up the Yoda.  It's like a set sort of.  Kind of like the vac metalized figures.  If I'd not gotten Vader then R2, Boba, and the Clonetrooper all would be not quite as "interesting" to me.

As far as the silliness goes, these are kinda silly.  My personal opinion is that time/$ could've been put into something else that I'd have appreciated more, but that's just the way the ball bounces.

It's got nice packaging, I'll give it that, but I could really care less about it since the R2/3PO was non-existant in my neck of the woods.  They'd both display very nicely together though if I had that first set I think.  

Anyway, for those really interested in this, more power to 'em...  A new Dagobah Yoda with softgoods and removeable belt/snake accessories would've been much more appealing to me though! :)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 1, 2003, 09:18 PM »
One has shown up on eBay!   ::)

HOLIDAY EDITION SANTA YODA

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #23 on: September 1, 2003, 09:20 PM »
$30???  I think I'll wait to see if I can get one for retail price first.
dustrho

Offline Rob Gailor

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 4, 2003, 03:32 PM »
I had been outta the loop for a little while and never saw the last holiday figure set...does anyone have a picture?

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #25 on: September 4, 2003, 03:38 PM »

Worst thing ever made by Hasbro

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #26 on: September 4, 2003, 07:45 PM »
My wife got me the R2-D2/C-3P0 2-pack, and I love it!  I was skeptical when I first saw them online, but after she got me it I was very excited about it.  I can't wait for the Yoda to come out.
dustrho

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 4, 2003, 09:04 PM »

Worst thing ever made by Hasbro

I have to disagree that the holiday R2 and 3po are the worst thing ever.  I am a huge holiday nut and this is right up my alley and with Chris being a collector it just adds to it.  
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #28 on: September 4, 2003, 09:31 PM »
I find the Holiday set to be quite lame, but I technically, have to have it.

Offline carebear

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 4, 2003, 09:36 PM »
I think there are quite a few lame Star Wars items that are up there.  Santa Yoda, I also think, is cool as hell!
Carrie Rhoads
DUSTRHO is my hubby!!!