Author Topic: A day that will forever..  (Read 1736 times)

Fettish Sez Thanks

A day that will forever..
« on: December 7, 2003, 12:46 AM »
December 7th, 1941.

62 years ago today, the U.S.S. Arizona was the recipient of a 1,760-pound bomb, courtesy of Japanese naval forces bombers, which , in total, ended the lives of approx. 2,335 U.S. servicemen, in addition to the 1,178 other servicemen who sustained injuries.

Before we knew it, the U.S. were propelled into World War 2.

This goes out to the remaining few survivors, and to the memory of those hundreds of men who were slaughtered over some stupid oil.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2003, 12:51 AM by Cory H. »

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: A day that will forever..
« Reply #1 on: December 7, 2003, 01:33 AM »
well said... d-day is just another day to a lot of people, it doesn't even register anymore on some of the calenders i have seen. i think it's being overshadowed in this new age by some of the more recent terrorist activities that have been going down. i'm sure that not many people are left alive now that actually remember d-day, like you said, but there are millions who remember 9-11.

but d-day is a day that deserves to be remembered forever.

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 7, 2003, 02:39 PM »
Every December 7th, I always think of my Uncle who was stationed at the Army Barracks on Oahu that day.  He was strafed by Japanese planes along with many others that December day in 1941.  He then went on to fight in most of the Pacific campaign over the next 4+years.  I've asked him about it, and it seems that the memories are still very vivid.

If you're ever in Oahu, Hawaii, make sure to visit the Arizona memorial and pay your respects.  It's a real lesson in history.  As you stand on that mounment in Pearl Harbor, your standing astride the tomb of over 1,500 men who gave all.  Pay them their due respect, and never forget them.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 7, 2003, 11:46 PM »
One day I hope to visit the memorial and see the place where one of the worst disaters in this country's history took place.  As far as I can remember I have always thought about the attack on Pearl Harbor and wonder what it must of been like to be alive back then.  The day after the attack my grandfather who was in his 30's enlisted in the Army Air Corp and left his pegent wife in the states because of what happened.  He served in the pacfic as a mechainc.  The one thing that I will mention about 9-11 is that it made me relazie what it must of been like for people back then hearing the news of the attack.

Jokabofe- D-Day is June 6 and is when the Allies landed on France.

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 8, 2003, 08:13 AM »
God bless the Navy personal at Pearl.
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 8, 2003, 09:12 PM »
Jokabofe- D-Day is June 6 and is when the Allies landed on France.

uhmmm, yeah, i knew that... i was just testing you guys ;)

(see what happens when you try to sound all smart? you make an ass of yourself)