Author Topic: Jedi Padawan 2-packs...  (Read 2850 times)

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Jedi Padawan 2-packs...
« on: January 15, 2003, 06:28 PM »
Though the "kid" figures are not usually my favorites, when I heard they'd be releasing a couple Padawan 2-packs, I at least had hoped they'd go with the cooler looking alien kids.  Hasbro didn't disappoint here!  Excellent choices.

They might be a bit shorter than your average figure, but getting two, nicely detailed figures in these sets is some pretty good bang-for-the-buck!  It's very cool that all 3 Padawans can hold their lightsabers 2-handed (why can't the regular Jedi figures do this for cryin' out loud?).  The helmets are a nice touch, but will be extra cool if by chance they are removable, which they just might be since they're listed as accessories to the Padawan figures at the Hasbro site.

I would've really liked to see some training remotes in there as well, but apparently Hasbro's dead-set on never giving us any of these in the 4" figure line.  I'm sure this is due to safety restrictions, but if the thing's the size of a freakin' pea, what's the big deal if a kid did munch one down?  It's not like the tiny little thing would even get lodged in their throat!

I'm really looking forward to the Ashla and Jempa set.  Excellent detailing with these two!  The Chian figure is equally nice, but his accompanying Yoda Master still doesn't quite look up to snuff to me.  Still not a very good AOTC likeness in the face, and his waist articulation looks pretty bad, though I realize it's necessary to sit in his hover chair, which is also included (finally).

All in all, big thumbs up for the 3 Padawans.   8)   Another Yoda...blah... :-\

Offline Chris

• Founder
  • Administrator
  • Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re:Jedi Padawan 2-packs...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2003, 06:53 PM »
These are very nice indeed. I do not care for the Yoda as he is just plain, I really hate his torso bend articulation mark, looks stupid. The kids look very good though, a nice change.

Offline Red 06

• Youngling
  • Neutral
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2003, 08:32 PM »
I agree. I like the more unique figures and these were very well done. Gives me hope for the Saga line.
"I have no strong feelings one way or the other"

Offline max_one

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2003, 01:30 PM »
airight some alien Jedi children, these look wonderful. not one of the kids is a rehash.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2003, 01:53 PM »
I would have really liked to have gotten a Human padawan since most of them were human, but they should be easy to customize

Offline Please Lock This Account

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2003, 10:42 AM »
I really like these sets too! I want to get them all. And I hope they come out with more!

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2003, 02:05 PM »
There so cute.  Should make for an interesting series.

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2003, 03:50 PM »
These are pretty cool. Will we get the jedi academy training center play set soon?

I think Hasbro should consciously have Jedi Padawan variant figures. Like the Endor Rebel with no beard, except change the skin color or whatever. Even mixing a rare one in here and there would be great. I predict that this 2-pack will end up having quite a few cool errors and possibly a variant or two. That will help make some of them more unique looking.
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I saw we fight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2003, 02:47 PM »
I was pleasantly surprised to see the new 2-packs pictured online this week.  Very nice, indeed.

Now that these are on tap for 2003, I'd like to see a Screen Scene of the instruction/map room.  Integrate the star charts into a transparent ceiling, and include Obi-Wan and the padawn Liam.
"Call up a Hammerhead Corvette.  I have an idea."

Feedback