Problems with Saga? Well, hmm...let me see:
- Action Features
- Scene-specific static poses/Ultra-wide stances
- Lack of all-new O.T. selections
- Poor paint jobs/quality control
- Poor articulation
Oh, wait - did you mean distribution/retail store wise? Oops, my bad! Well in that case:
- Target - #1 around here. Lots of them, and often with new stuff
- Toys 'R' Us - Pretty close to Target status as well
- KB - Comes and goes, but a few occasional good scores
- Wal-Mart - Only one store within 25 miles with ZILCH
- K-Mart (see Wal-Mart)
Aside from the Wal-Mart exclusives, all in all I get by pretty well around here in L.A. Sometimes it may take a couple months from initial release, but I usually manage to track everything down eventually (often with the assistance of my very capable Star Wars hunting wife).
But I've found that overall distribution around the U.S. really
varies by region. Some people have a ton of well stocked Wal-Marts nearby, while others get by very well with the Target chain as their only source.
That's why making some fellow collecting friends in one's area can be very beneficial - more eyes to scope stuff out, and you can look for your friend's needs while they look for yours. Not to mention it's a great idea to make some good and honest acquantainces on the trading boards too! That's where you can really start to cover the various geographic areas that can be rich with the Star Wars goodies that are nowhere near your neck of the woods. Many of our Canadian (and foreign) collector friends will especially
atest to this, I'm sure...