Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104305 times)

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica...who's watching?
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2005, 08:49 PM »
  This series just keep getting better with each episode.

Agreed!

I missed last weeks but caught this weeks. They're carrying the splintering of the fleet well and the scene with Adama and Dee was a nice impetous for getting the fleet back togeather.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2005, 08:47 PM »
The finale was really good.  It will be a long wait for the next season.  Anybody else feeling sorry for the Cylon prisoner?

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2005, 08:32 PM »
I don't really feel sorry for the Cylons after what happened in the Pilot.  I do sympathize with the Sharon cylon because she's at least trying to help out the humans.

The finale was awesome!  All three of the Sci Fi Friday shows ended on cliffhangers.  DAMMIT!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2005, 01:58 PM »
I don't really feel sorry for the Cylons after what happened in the Pilot.  I do sympathize with the Sharon cylon because she's at least trying to help out the humans.

That's what's amazing about the show. I have to keep telling myself that these are robots, but the writing is just too darn good.

I just picked up the 1st season DVD set, so now I can catch up on the episodes I missed.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2005, 02:44 PM »
If you want to see some bitter fans of the original series, read the boards at cylon.org. Damn, these people only watch the show so they can bitch about it. One guy even says it outright.

Another guy claims that the new series is only popular because of the outcry of the fanbase of the original BSG. Yeah...that must be it.

Listen, I enjoyed the original series as a kid. But its pretty craptacular to watch as an adult. The new Battlestar Galactica really grabs my attention to the point that I'm thinking about last week's episode as I have butterflies in my stomach in anticipation for next week's episode (generalization, I know we have to wait until January for a new episode).

Anyways, my fiancee and I really enjoyed this whole season, right down to this last episode. I love the way it ended, right down to the utter tension expressed in the ending score. Excellent episode.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2005, 03:48 PM »
If you want to see some bitter fans of the original series, read the boards at cylon.org. Damn, these people only watch the show so they can bitch about it. One guy even says it outright.

That sounds like some people on these forums about the prequels.  But I digress.

I was a fan of the Original BSG when I was a kid, and I'm a fan of the new one....but I don't try to compare them for a second...the new series is a complete re-imagination of the story, and I like what they're doing so far.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2005, 12:48 PM »

I was a fan of the Original BSG when I was a kid, and I'm a fan of the new one....but I don't try to compare them for a second...the new series is a complete re-imagination of the story, and I like what they're doing so far.

Same here. The original had it's charm, and for the time, it was very well done with some out there concepts. The new one however, takes the show in a positively challenging and though provoking direction, which any good scf-fi should do.

I wonder what the should would have been like if De Soto and Singer had gotten the gig.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2006, 12:56 PM »
Alright, we've had two new episodes this year. Is the show still kicking butt or what?

Although, I have to admit that I felt the Apollo dream sequences were out place. They were great, but I think they would have been more effective as part of an "Apollo" episode. Also, I'm dissapointed that Adama bought the justification for the Pegasis' OX on his bridge. Didn't Cain need him? I would have addressed that situation better, even if Adama knew that he was being set up, but decided to let things play out for the good of the fleet. First real flaws I've ever felt the show had.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 18, 2006, 06:10 PM »
I kind of agree with you.  Although I think Adama knew something was up.  Also, if Pegasus is a lot larger than Galactica, the rationale for sending the XO and a bunch of Marines over there for added protection might fly.

Oh well...still a great show!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 18, 2006, 01:51 PM »
Last night I watched last weeks episode for the first time and last nights. First, I have to say that I was dissapointed in the one from 3 weeks ago (Starbuck and Scar.) Arguably, I think the first episode that wasn't very good. However, the last two rocked! First SPOILERs-

I can't believe they killed off Billy. His was a great character and probably the character with best moral center. He'll be missed. I'm also surprised that they gave Lee Pegasis. Great twist, if you can call it that, but at least they showed that he has the chops for it. Also, a bit of a political coincidence (in terms of timing,) what Baltar did to the President is exactly what happend with some of political manuvering that went on in Washington yesterday with the NSA heaings (or probable lask there of now.) Amazing when art echos real life in a facticious way that turns out to be true.

At any rate, great stuff.  I guess they're getting into uncharted territory now that they've gone beyond some of the original's story arcs. And did anyone catch the dubbed lines in the "previously" recap explaing the new Pegasis Commander?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2006, 11:53 AM »
What the....?! That season finale was one of the tripiest episodes on TV ever. I'm curious to see what the fan reaction is. After the time transition, I kept asking myself, are they really doing this? It really changed things up and threw the show for a loop. And strangley, I think it worked.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2006, 05:07 PM »
Spoilers may apply
I was surprised by the last half hour as well but thinking about it afterwards it makes sense.  It's a good way to advance the plot and, really, would you want to watch a season of the show that dealt with the politics of them settling on a planet?

This way, when it comes back in October, they can jump back into the action and go from there.  Maybe move on towards finding Earth?  I don' t know.  It's going to be interesting to see what becomes of the surrender to the Cylons and what will happen with Sharon's baby.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2006, 06:38 PM »
Am I far behind?
The last episode I saw was 18 , the one where Adama gave Lee the Pegasus.
I was one of those people that didnt like the new series at all.
I hated that the reworked the characters like they did.
In my mind though I knew it had potential and I'm extremly glad i gave it a chance as it quite simply rocks hard.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2006, 09:56 PM »
I wonder just what Kara did to tick off Lee.  I was shocked that Dean Stockwell was a Cylon.  I was not surprised to see Baltar using his postion to acquire a harem.  I was also not surprised to see him hating his job.  He leapt before he looked.  He also leapt before looking at New Caprica and his people are paying for it.  No standing buildings, a bad job market and poor living conditions.  This series is now my favorite of all time.  It sucks that we have to wait until October.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2006, 11:24 PM »
I really enjoyed last nights episode. It was fantastic. I think that it was kind of a let down that the Cylons just left Caprica during the Marines' raid, but then again, who would want to see the Marines pinned down for a whole hour and a half episode. I probably missed some things, as I was flipping between Galactica and VH1's I Love Toys, so I don't know. I do not know why, but my favorite part of last nights episode had to have been the New Caprica segment, and the surrender to the Cylon Army/Fleet. The Cylon Soldiers marching through the camp was awesome. My only complaint is that we have to wait all the way to October to find out what happens. The next season better be worth the wait.  >:(