Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 103584 times)

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
Re: Battlestar Galactica...who's watching?
« Reply #75 on: October 7, 2006, 01:40 PM »
Truly enjoyed the season premiere, also, but almost had a coronary. We had a mini-tornado rip throught the neighborhood 1-1/2 hours before it started and the whole neighborhood lost power. So I did my best Army Sergeant screaming. Luckily, the power company is on it in our area and we were back up to catch the replay at 11pm. My old ass barely made it to 1am but it was worth it. They did leave us hanging at the end. It is so hard to assume what happened as the show is going to be told in flashbacks also this season, so did major characters get mowed down as they implied, or what? Looking forward to next Friday.

Mike aka Sarge
"A great warrior, you say? Wars do not make one great." Master Yoda, TESB

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #76 on: October 7, 2006, 02:07 PM »
I about jumped off the couch last night at the end of the episode.  I thought maybe there was a way Rosalind survived the centurions execution at the end because Zarich looked like he was pulling her away from the crowd.

After what Sarge said about flashbacks though makes me wonder. It's going to be a long six days!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 7, 2006, 03:33 PM »
You don't like the political side of the show? Its actually pretty important to consider how the refugees of an entire civilization could maintain order. I love the way its handled in the show...and I loved the season finale.

It was mainly the whole campaign between the Pres and Boltar.  The debates are idiotic.  I couldn't stand the 'wedge' issue with New Caprica.
who Learned you To spoke!

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #78 on: October 7, 2006, 07:22 PM »
I heard in an interview with Moore somewhere that people will die this season. So Roslin very well could be gone. :-\

It is hard to say what happens on the next episode from that trailer. After hearing Sarge say that they are going to use a lot of flashbacks to tell the story, I really think much of that was a flashback. When it showed Adama, Baltar, Roslin, and crew on the Colonial One Tigh had both eyes and they all had their old haircuts, so it very well could be a flashback. Friday sure seems a long way off right now.

I don't think this season could have started off any better.
"This is the way."

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 7, 2006, 10:41 PM »
wahhhhhhhh
I wanna see it !!!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 8, 2006, 10:41 AM »
Ok so I just finished watching those 2 eps WOW!!!
It still sharp , its still hard and it pushes boundaries with its story.
My only problem now is waiting the week for the next eps !!
I'm so very glad I gave this show a chance.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Sarge

• Youngling
    • View Profile
    • Sarge's Customs
« Reply #81 on: October 8, 2006, 08:12 PM »
Oh, man, Ryan.. I didn't catch the Tigh / two eyes thing. It must be my old age kicking in. That , and running the local cell of the resistance here.  ;D

So if I get in my Geo Tracker and drive 88mph maybe Friday will get here faster.

Mike
"A great warrior, you say? Wars do not make one great." Master Yoda, TESB

www.sarges-customs.com

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #82 on: October 9, 2006, 08:59 AM »
I love this show. I too am painfully waiting for the next episode...
The biggest shocker for me when I saw the mini-series was the realization that Starbuck was acted by the daughter of my fifth grade teacher who also happened to live across from my sister when I was a kid.
(I had to actually locate and confirm with my old teacher to be 100% so I could just sit back and watch the show instead of going "I know who that is...its got to be...")

I sometimes have to remind myself that the show is a sci-fi... its just so different. I really like the use of conventional weapons and real-space type physics. The lack of excessive sci-fi gizmos helps make so much of it seem more real to me. No techno-babble...just good story telling!
I am hoping they dont kill off Tom Zurich. I like that character alot.
Only got to see four of the resistance webisodes as I dread the wait on my sad dial up connection to wait and wait and wait for them to load...
The new BSG is definitely in the top three favorite TV shows that I have ever watched. 
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #83 on: October 9, 2006, 05:29 PM »
I'm just really happy with the show. They changed up the formula (while keeping the same feel) before it got stale, which I think was a great idea. The tension level is the same, and the characters all have growth, which is something we never see on a lot of shows. There's so many times when I'm watching this show that I can't believe the sci-fi channel actually came out with something this good!
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #84 on: October 9, 2006, 07:12 PM »
Oh and they did a great job on that fat suit for Jamie Bamber.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2006, 03:23 AM »
For those of you with Comcast, BSG is now availible free OnDemand. They have the Season 3 premiere and a few Season 2 episodes up now. :)
"This is the way."

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2006, 05:31 PM »
I find the whole deal with the human police force to be just stupid.  After four months of occupation they'll willingly do a Nazi style repression death culling.  OH, wait one saved Callie.  It doesn't fit.

Nor does the whole Cylon 'we love' you garbage fit.  "We stopped trying to wipe you out, now we love. So let's just oppress you, torture you, beat you, screw with your heads and then just murder you...all to show you the love of god."  Talk about convoluted insanity!  Lebon and his perverted work with Starbuck is just psychotic.

-Felix Gaeta is simply OBVIOUS as the leak in the Boltar admin.
-Col Tigh's missing eye probably has something else in there...like a BOMB!  uhoh
-Zarek will have thrown his body over Roslin, to save her.

let's see how right I am. =)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 05:43 PM by dafoo »

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2006, 06:23 PM »
Um...we know Geata is the spy...we saw him flip the dig bowl.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline dafoo

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2006, 06:29 PM »
Yeah we know about Gaeta.  I'm talking like with the Sarge ranting at him about not doing anything to stop Boltar.  It is like how dumb are these characters that Gaeta isn't obvious to them?

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 14, 2006, 11:38 AM »
I find the whole deal with the human police force to be just stupid.  After four months of occupation they'll willingly do a Nazi style repression death culling.  OH, wait one saved Callie.  It doesn't fit.

When you get to study WWII and the Nazi occupation of Poland in school, it'll all make sense.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2006, 12:17 PM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."