Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 103589 times)

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
Re: Battlestar Galactica...who's watching?
« Reply #150 on: December 6, 2006, 10:15 PM »
Anyone who is behind or starting to watch the show, Check out Dailymotion.com.
I've watched every episode up till now, and am watching BSG 3x09 rightnow since I missed it friday.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 10, 2006, 09:34 PM »
Last episode was pretty good, the effects in this show are really raising the bar too.
Lucas is gonna have some stiff competition when he puts his out there.

Spoilers

Was surprised to see they killed Ket off, I wasnt expecting that at all, Overall another good episode , I think though its coming time to get back to some cylon action, Speaking of Cylon action , hows Baltars form ?? Shagging both Cylons each night, poor bugger  :-[ ;D
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 10, 2006, 11:24 PM »
Hard to believe that we're almost at midway point, too... Next episodes the last of the fall season!!  :o ::) I guess with the holidays coming up they figure no ones gonna have time to watch.

Spoiler...

Yeah, I can't believe that they killed her either. I wished they would have kept her alive a bit longer to explore her back-story of being a drug-runner and potentially bring in Cylons into the Colonies more.

Can't wait for the next episode... more Cylons and Baltar!!

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2006, 03:57 PM »
The Kat episode wasn't my favorite. Collectively though, I could hear a big sigh of relief when she expired.

ala Monty Python, "and there was much rejoicing!"

Yes, Kat wasn't my favorite character either.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2006, 04:22 PM »
She had an interesting back story, but she couldn't pull the scowl off.  And even if she could, I already sat through that for a season in a different series.  I was sooo glad to see the Ana-Lucia wannabe die.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2006, 04:23 PM by Deanpaul »
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2006, 05:13 PM »
One thing I like about this episode is that this fleet has so many problems.  The first season they had a water shortage and then feul problems, now food shortages.  I also like how most of the people to survive have been rather unsavory characters....with some (Like Kat) trying to redeem themselves.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2006, 05:20 PM »
And even if she could, I already sat through that for a season in a different series.  I was sooo glad to see the Ana-Lucia wannabe die.

Funny that you mention that, I was discussing BG with a pal this weekend and he joked that they should call the show Battlestar GaLOSTica because there are so many similarities between some of the characters and their purposes on the show...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #157 on: December 12, 2006, 02:22 AM »
And even if she could, I already sat through that for a season in a different series.  I was sooo glad to see the Ana-Lucia wannabe die.

Funny that you mention that, I was discussing BG with a pal this weekend and he joked that they should call the show Battlestar GaLOSTica because there are so many similarities between some of the characters and their purposes on the show...

Hmmm maybe that is why I like both shows... (I could never give up one for the other...)
I think the thing I like most about BSG is consitency and characters that have real-life relatable issues that are not miraculously solved after barely being discovered in the same episode (like so many freaking star trek episodes...bleh...)
It still very much pains me that most people I know in person, hate the new BSG... The only people I know in person that like it is my best friend and my girlfriend's mom. (well my girlfriend likes it, but its not on her priority list of TV shows, she is not the sci-fi geek that her mom is...maybe one day...)
One of my friends that said he could not get into the new BSG, I had to ask him "Do you just have a phobia of good television?"
Not sure if I mentioned this previously, but I like how the Galactica still looked charred and dented many episodes after getting pummelled by the Cylons.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 12, 2006, 08:08 AM »

I mostly noticed the actresses facial expressions and how her range included two stops: a sort of tense, moody withdrawn disposition and an angry, in your face rage.  She was pretty much on rinse and repeat throughout the episode until the medical scene at the ending.

I'm new to watching.  I downloaded the SciFi bring you up to speed episode and the season pass for the current season from iTunes about a week ago, so I've seen a lot over a short period of time.

What other similarities did your friend notice between characters and their purposes?
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 12, 2006, 09:52 AM »
I have a question: Do we know all the numbers for the 7 known Cylon models (Six, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Doral, Simon, Cavil?

I think in "Download", D'Anna says that she is 3, Sharon is 8 (and obviously we know what model six is). What about the other 4? Anyone able to help out? Thanks.

I don't know if they've told all the numbers yet.  But recently they've been referring to Six as Caprica if I'm not mistaken.  So, they all have names now.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #160 on: December 12, 2006, 10:45 AM »
What other similarities did your friend notice between characters and their purposes?

Uhhh.... honestly?  it was one of those times when your pal is talking and talking and you're just listening, but you're not really listening.

The "Battlestar GaLOSTica" comment I thought was funny, so it stuck... the rest of the junk he was saying?  In one ear and out the other.   :-[

I seem to recall something about how Jack was like Adama with all the father issues and stufff... or something.   :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 12, 2006, 10:49 AM »
I have a question: Do we know all the numbers for the 7 known Cylon models (Six, Sharon, D'Anna, Leoben, Doral, Simon, Cavil?

I think in "Download", D'Anna says that she is 3, Sharon is 8 (and obviously we know what model six is). What about the other 4? Anyone able to help out? Thanks.

I don't know if they've told all the numbers yet.  But recently they've been referring to Six as Caprica if I'm not mistaken.  So, they all have names now.

E...

I think they refer to a specific Six as Caprica because she is the one that got downloaded the former Caprica's memories (she's called Natasi in the novelization) so that way we know which one is more sympathetic to Baltar in the range of Sixes wandering about Basestars.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 16, 2006, 09:27 AM »
Can someone explain to me again why the cylons didn't just wipe the humans out? Does Baltar really have that kind of pull, or was there a bit of information I missed?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2006, 12:04 AM »
Dam 2 part episodes
Dam 2 part episodes that dont show the next episode for 3 weeks!!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 18, 2006, 10:53 AM »
Can someone explain to me again why the cylons didn't just wipe the humans out? Does Baltar really have that kind of pull, or was there a bit of information I missed?

As for why they didn't take out the colonial fleet in the episode... the Cylons knew the humans were on the planet and found the temple with the Eye of Jupiter that shows the way to Earth. The Cylons also want this as well therefore wanted to bargain with Adama for the Eye. After realizing they didn't have it, the Cylons (more D'Anna) went about a different tactic to get the Eye... and Adama stated he'd nuke the planet before letting them have it. That's a rough review... there's more to it than that.

As for Baltar, the Cylons kind of revere him. Maybe for his part in the Cylon takeover... maybe for his intellect... Baltar seems to understand things they don't - like when that Basestar Cylon (that are like the psychics from Minority Report) started babbling he understood the riddle.