Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 103910 times)

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica...who's watching?
« Reply #165 on: December 18, 2006, 11:26 AM »
I thought the early episodes mentioned Baltar being a direct decendant of whoever created the original Cylons in the first place...
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 18, 2006, 11:53 AM »
I thought the early episodes mentioned Baltar being a direct decendant of whoever created the original Cylons in the first place...

That was actually a theory of Master Phruby's I believe.

Vlad, thanks for answer. You helped me remember that the Cylons didn't want to take the chance that the Humans already had it in their possession and accidently blow it up. Makes sense.

But how did the Cylons find the algae planet, random luck?

Believe it or not, I did watch the episode, for some reason everything didn't come off as solid to me as it usually does.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 18, 2006, 12:20 PM »
I thought that the Cylons and humans were both on the same path for Earth...both based on calculations that Baltar did.  I don't imagine Adama took the fleet that far off course looking for food so that's how they found the algae planet.  I'm guessing that the Cylons found it the same way.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 18, 2006, 04:11 PM »

That really wasn't answered in the episode. I think someone (Gaeta) was mentioning "fate" being that the Colonials and  Cylons met at one of the sacred places with the system's star about to go nova on them. But I would hope there would be a more fitting answer than coincidence... the galaxy is quite large for that though I've had certain instances of meeting someone I knew thousands of miles from where both of us live. Anyway, I degress.

A plausible answer to the Cylons arriving for the algae planet would be the same reason as the Colonials. Food. Baltar needs something to eat.

Another thing that I can see is more planet-stops along the way. Not just for food and water, but to find more clues for the path to Earth. They got the Arrow at Kobol, now the Eye at the Algae planet...

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #169 on: December 18, 2006, 05:23 PM »

That really wasn't answered in the episode. I think someone (Gaeta) was mentioning "fate" being that the Colonials and  Cylons met at one of the sacred places with the system's star about to go nova on them. But I would hope there would be a more fitting answer than coincidence... the galaxy is quite large for that though I've had certain instances of meeting someone I knew thousands of miles from where both of us live. Anyway, I degress.

A plausible answer to the Cylons arriving for the algae planet would be the same reason as the Colonials. Food. Baltar needs something to eat.

Another thing that I can see is more planet-stops along the way. Not just for food and water, but to find more clues for the path to Earth. They got the Arrow at Kobol, now the Eye at the Algae planet...

In the episode 2 weeks ago, the "pilot" of the Cylon basestar (I forget what they call them) tells Baltar where to go in that wierd code language. He basically figures out that its a planet inside a star cluster...and we all remember that's exactly where the humans were going (per Sharon's suggestion, coincidence?).
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 18, 2006, 11:52 PM »

In the episode 2 weeks ago, the "pilot" of the Cylon basestar (I forget what they call them) tells Baltar where to go in that wierd code language. He basically figures out that its a planet inside a star cluster...and we all remember that's exactly where the humans were going (per Sharon's suggestion, coincidence?).

Thanks Lando for the clarification on how the Cylons knew. I missed part of that episode, so maybe that was it.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 19, 2006, 12:02 AM »
Ed is right on about the "Minority Report" Cylontelling Baltar about the constellation.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 19, 2006, 10:02 AM »
Very cool, thanks all! I had forgotten about the Base star premonition as well. I knew there had to be a tight explanation, the show is to smart to not to.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 19, 2006, 10:51 AM »
Yes, thanks for the refresher. I've either missed some things in the ten minutes I missed on Ep. 9 or I've had sensory overload (went through Season 2.5 in 2 days) while Season 3 was airing... Thankfully I'm all caught up now.

So for the cliffhanger, we've got Starbuck down and Anders wanting to go after her despite Sam's knowledge of her fooling around on him with Lee and numerous others. From the preview of the next episode, D goes to rescue her. Sharon and Helo know Hera's alive... how will that play out? Hera's sick, can Baltar save her? Too many questions and a few weeks to wait!!

Another interesting thing is: what ever happened to Boxey?? He was in the first few episodes and then disappeared... no explanation. I'll admit I'm glad his not around, but they kind of played his character to tag along with Sharon.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 19, 2006, 11:56 AM »
I was wondering about Boxy as well. It's a great question to ask the writers at some type of Q&A. I have a feeling that there was a lot of negative cyberchat and the producers responded in kind. But, I will admit that I wasn't too disgusted with the idea of the character and would have liked to see how it panned out.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 19, 2006, 12:24 PM »
I missed the first season and Boxy wasn't in the recap bring you up to speed episode (that I noticed) - what was the deal with Boxy?

Online P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 19, 2006, 04:08 PM »
I missed the first season and Boxy wasn't in the recap bring you up to speed episode (that I noticed) - what was the deal with Boxy?

Boxie (sp?) was in the mini-series and a couple of the first episodes of the first season (you missed out on some good shows so I recommend either buying them or find them at your local video store or library). Suddenly he wasn't on the show anymore. I figured he would play predominantly in the show, just a recurring character. But three seasons later, no show.

I was wondering about Boxy as well. It's a great question to ask the writers at some type of Q&A. I have a feeling that there was a lot of negative cyberchat and the producers responded in kind. But, I will admit that I wasn't too disgusted with the idea of the character and would have liked to see how it panned out.

That's what I'm kind of thinking... perhaps he didn't agree well with a dark series and a mechanical dog (Muffit, sp?). Maybe he would have been the Jar Jar/Ewok of the show. Maybe fans didn't like having a kid on the show like some despised Wesley Crusher. I don't know. *shrugs* Maybe he's one of the 5 unknown Cylons *kidding!!!*

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 19, 2006, 11:53 PM »
Thanks, Vlad.

So who was he?  A kid?  A mechanical dog?  Who did he belong to?  I could go watch the mini series on iTunes, but I'm pretty caught up from the free iTunes SciFi catch up episode...  I think a lot of the mini series would be redundant after watching that, except for Boxie that is.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #178 on: December 19, 2006, 11:59 PM »
Boxy was a kid saved in the pilot/mini-series when Boomer and Helo landed on Caprica.  He sat in the co-pilot's seat of the Raptor as they headed back to the Galactica.  He didn't do much in the episode and I'm glad they didn't pursue him as a regular character.  It would've been too much like the original series.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 20, 2006, 06:40 AM »
Excellent, Matt.  Now I understand why he didn't make the recap episode.  If anyone hasn't seen the mini series and the first two seasons, check out "Battlestar Galactica: The Story So Far" on iTunes.  It's FREE, and I understand everything going on in Season 3 because of it.  It would also be a nice recap for people while the series is away for three weeks.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2006, 06:40 AM by Deanpaul »