Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 103885 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #225 on: February 26, 2007, 02:28 PM »
PRetty good episode last night.  This show continues to do a good job of exploring the things most shows/movies forget about and makes them into an interesting story to boot (i.e. food shortage, labor issues, class bias).  Its like the anti-Star Trek, where everyone on the ship gets along with each other and resources just magically appear).  Very refreshing, but its time to bring back the cylons already!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #226 on: February 26, 2007, 08:39 PM »
I really liked last night, too.  BSG is at its best when it explores the reality of their situation - the fact that 40,000+ survivors have to take on the work of literally millions of people, and the fact that given their iternerent condition, much of that work is horrendous.  You would think the fleet would seek to automate as much of that work as possible, but obviously they won't even use wireless phones, so they cap themselves in a pretty significant way.  I'd like to see them explore their reluctance to advance their technology due to their Cylon fears, and how it limits them.

One thing I am tired of though is the scene where Adama or Roslin demonstrates how far they are willing to go to prove their point.  I get it: they will throw people out of airlocks, or line them up and shoot them.  They are people of extremes living in a extreme situation.  I get it.  The writers don't need to keep reinforcing how cutthroat these people can be, or how morally complicated they are.  We get it.

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #227 on: February 26, 2007, 09:20 PM »
I love it when Adama gets all tough and stuff.   Can you imagine this guy as your boss?

I liked these character episodes too.  I though that the class issues of raising one's children to live the same life as the parents was very interesting.  The scene with Baltar's accent was amazing.  Eve at its weakest, I still love this show to death.  It's everything I like about "real" sci-fi.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: March 4, 2007, 09:36 AM »
Scuttle-butt is is that tonight is supposed to be the night, the big one where the first final 5 cylon is revealed. Place your bets...
« Last Edit: March 4, 2007, 09:37 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: March 5, 2007, 09:42 AM »
Not what I expected at all...
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #230 on: March 5, 2007, 10:11 AM »
UPSET....  >:(

I'll post more after I've chewed it over some more in my brain. 

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #231 on: March 5, 2007, 11:44 AM »
Man, I have no idea what to think.   :-\

I see like 3-4 implications/possibilities from that ending.

SPOILERS

1. She's really dead.  Really, really dead.  (however unlikely it seems)

2. She's a cylon and can be "downloaded" into a new body in a future episode.  I'm sure this is what they want you to be thinking right now...

3. Leoben/The cylons really were out there in the clouds and they plucked her from the ship/debris right before it was crushed/exploded.  Now she's a prisoner.  Kind of out there, but possible.

4.  Crazy theory #4?  It could be ANYTHING I suppose at this point...

I've read waaaaay too many comic books to just accept that she's dead.  No body = not dead.   :P

They could go in any of these directions I guess.  I really hope that it isn't the end of her story because it seemed like a waste to kill her off right now... if she's really dead then what was her destiny? 

Just have to wait and see I guess.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #232 on: March 5, 2007, 12:42 PM »
Well with all the hinting from the producers and "someone" not showing up in the main credits next season, she might be returning as a guest star from time to time (which would not have her on the main credits anymore)
From what I understand Katie Sackoff is filming a movie (or more) so this may not be a permanent thing. (or maybe it is.)
I enjoyed the episode despite the killing off of a main character.
I guess she was not kidding arround in that video link I posted a few weeks back...I am glad I posted the spoiler warning.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #233 on: March 5, 2007, 10:05 PM »
No way she's dead.  My wife and I belive that this episode has added a new element to the mix.  Maybe the Leobon guy was one of the Gods.  Maybe she's one of the Final 5.  We're not sure, but whatever/where ever she is now, is new territory for the show, and not something that they've already established.  She'll be back next season.  In some form or another.
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #234 on: March 6, 2007, 09:57 AM »
Absolutely! They left too many questions open for her to really be dead. This is Galactica, not Twin Peaks.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Deanpaul

• Jedi Apprentice
  • open for interpretation
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: March 6, 2007, 12:08 PM »
I just saw it, and liked it overall more than some of the other recent episodes.  Nice mix of character, ships flying around and special effects.  The storm looked good on the pc download site, iTunes STILL hasn't updated.  I'm regretting buying the season pass through them.  Gack.

She'll be back, in some form.
"Regime change, like charity, begins at home." - Ira Glass, This American Life

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: March 6, 2007, 08:03 PM »
If she was really dead, then when her ship exploded it would have been center of screen not top left, where if needed anything could have flown out and we wouldnt have seen it.
One of my friends is sure she is one of the final five, it would explain the xena cylon saying she was sorry when she looked upon them after the treatment she got on new caprica, personally i think he's full of crap but it is plausible :)
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: March 6, 2007, 08:22 PM »
Usually after an episode like this they would show the crew in the aftermath of her death: grieving in their own way... you know, Apollo would have taken this pretty hard as would Sam, but there was no shots of them later (sure we saw Lee's disbelief and cry out in shock, but that's it. No shot of him placing her picture next to Ket's nor Sam destroyed by his wife's death.

Plus I would think that Lee would be devastated because he put his faith in her when she asked to be relieved of duties to rest. It was his pushing that led to her being out there.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: March 7, 2007, 12:19 AM »
I'm holding out hope that they're bringing back the supernatural beings (you know the guys in the white ship) from the original series and that she was rescued by them. :P

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #239 on: March 7, 2007, 06:06 AM »
Absolutely! They left too many questions open for her to really be dead. This is Galactica, not Twin Peaks.

Heheh... Too bad Frank Silva who played "Bob" in Twin Peaks was not still alive. He would have made a really creepy Cylon! (well he would have made anything creepy!)
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...