Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104411 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #285 on: April 3, 2007, 03:44 AM »
I wish I could take credit for that... all I did was steal it from a different forum. ;)
"This is the way."

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #286 on: April 3, 2007, 05:30 PM »
hehe.
Well thanks for posting the link to it then!
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: April 4, 2007, 04:17 PM »
Yes, thanks for the link.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 19, 2007, 02:04 AM »
I met Aaron Douglas last week (Tyrel) he was a great guy and had some cool stories.
I asked him about the ending for season 3 and he confirmed what happened at is legit.
He said he didnt know where season 4 was going but said it should be pretty cool.
I'm actually abit stunned to hear that its true.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline speedermike

• Jedi Apprentice
  • He doesn't like you...
    • View Profile
    • MichaelRex.com
« Reply #289 on: April 20, 2007, 10:56 PM »
"Thanks for putting that up for download! It saved me the hassle of running a cord across the room from the VCR to my computer and recording it..."

Whatever happened to just putting a cassette player up to the TV?  That's how I got about 20 minutes of the Star Wars Holiday Special when I was a kid!!
Children's Book Author and Illustrator   mikerexbooks.blogspot.com

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #290 on: April 23, 2007, 12:52 AM »
Cassette player? What ancient technologies do you think I have? Hehhe...actually I loaned my tape recorder to a friend who never gave it back and moved out of town and my tape deck is still across the room and does not work anyway...

Though I do like recording things directly into the computer, saves less conversion time. Then all I have to do is convert .wav files into .mp3s. (instead of from tape, to wav to mp3...)

Hemish, where did you meet Aaron Douglas at?
 I am actually glad that the characters are the final five instead of one more mind game... cause that is going to mess with them enough as it is being true.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #291 on: April 23, 2007, 10:10 AM »
I had some Best Buy Reward Zone certificates burning a hole in my pocket so I grabbed Season 1 on DVD.

Now I can catch up on the Season 1 episodes that I missed and watch the Mini-Series again...  :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 23, 2007, 10:54 AM »
I'm getting Season 2+2.5 2-pack for a late bday gift... I hope. Maybe my wife will stop the order.  ;) Nice deal on it since it's $17 cheaper than buying them separately and we had a gift card to use up too for Borders.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: June 7, 2007, 09:22 AM »
The Cinerama Dome here in LA had a BSG event last night that I got to attend. They showed the season 3 finale on the big screen, which looked great, follow by a Q&A with Ron Moore, David Eick, Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff and moderated by Lucy Lawless. To top it off, they showed a preview of Razor ( the upcoming two hour movie ) afterwards and gave out "Frack Off" t-shirts. Cool evening.

The only tidbit from the Q&A which was notable is that the Caprica pilot is in the script stage.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 8, 2007, 01:28 AM »
The Cinerama Dome here in LA had a BSG event last night that I got to attend. They showed the season 3 finale on the big screen, which looked great, follow by a Q&A with Ron Moore, David Eick, Edward James Olmos, Mary McDonnell, Jamie Bamber, Katee Sackhoff and moderated by Lucy Lawless. To top it off, they showed a preview of Razor ( the upcoming two hour movie ) afterwards and gave out "Frack Off" t-shirts. Cool evening.

The only tidbit from the Q&A which was notable is that the Caprica pilot is in the script stage.

Sounded like a very cool event Anthony.  Was this open to the public or a special invite event?  That would have been something really fun to go see.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 8, 2007, 09:27 AM »

Sounded like a very cool event Anthony.  Was this open to the public or a special invite event?  That would have been something really fun to go see.

It was open to the public.

Regarding Razor, it will span the life of Pegasus from the time of the Cylon attack to it's destruction over New Caprica.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: June 8, 2007, 12:29 PM »
The real question is: Did you get a Frack Off T-Shirt, and if so, are you willing to trade it?   ;)
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #297 on: June 10, 2007, 03:18 AM »
The real question is: Did you get a Frack Off T-Shirt, and if so, are you willing to trade it?   ;)

Those are available online. I got one for a christmas present this year.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: November 9, 2007, 08:29 AM »
Time to dust this off as Razor's gonna be hitting the airwaves soon.

Anyone been watching the "Flashbacks" on either Flash Gordon (or later on Sci-Fi's BSG site)? It is pretty cool, I think. Unfortunately, they are only 2-3 minute episodes, but it's interesting that they are delving into William "Husker" Adama's rookie campaign during the First Cylon War (these webisodes are only going to be offered during the show or online, not going to be included in Razor). I was psyched to see the old Raiders and Centurions!! Hopefully, this will give someone the idea to a modernized effects version of the original series, though this new series has a similar premise.

Offline John C

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: November 9, 2007, 09:58 AM »
I have been watching those teasers.  I like what I have been seeing.  Flash Gordon could be better but isn't total garbage like Cavemen.  I just would rather have that series named something else or have it be closer to what Flash Gordon has been.  The Stargates instead of rocket ships and the fact that they are not stuck on Mongo are the two biggest issues I have.  Ming isn't the kind of evil he has been before, either.  I am trying to like the show.