Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 103601 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #495 on: June 8, 2008, 08:56 PM »
Another interesting fact is that Caprica Six is pregnant with Tigh's baby?!  That would make a thirteenth model wouldn't it?

Actually, it would be the 15th model...

13: Hera (child of Athena and Helo)
14: Child of the Chief and Callie (can't recall the kid's name)
15: Tigh and Caprica Six's baby

Or did I forget one? I think that's it, but I don't think they're counting children born of Human/Cylon mating as unique models since it's not like they have the ability to resurrect. (well none of them have the ability to resurrect anymore, but that's besides the point)

I wasn't counting the hybrids.  Tigh and Caprica Six's child would be 100% cylon.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: June 8, 2008, 09:06 PM »
Can anyone tell me if Revelations already aired or if that is this coming Friday's episode?  I don't get SciFi channel anymore and their site is awful at updating after a show airs lately.  I thought I was two Episodes behind, but site says Revelations is new next week.

THANKS!
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: June 8, 2008, 09:45 PM »
Revelations is the episode airing this Friday (June 13th). It's the last one before the mid season hiatus ...

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: June 8, 2008, 10:37 PM »
The space battle in this most recent episode was a real treat. The music didn't hurt either. I finally was able to watch the episode from 5/30 this past Saturday, so I kinda witnessed these last two episodes in chronological order.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #499 on: June 9, 2008, 02:40 AM »
OK just watched the episode in HD at my girlfriend's mother's house.
When Adama looks out the window of the Raptor towards the basestar, right in the middle of the veiw is the constellation of Orion!!!
That should be a really big clue that they are very close as it wouldnt look like that from their perspective in space unless they were somewhere in the general neighborhood of earth's solar system. Also on Kobol they found the chamber that showed how constellations looked from Earth's sky. Wonder if they kept records of the constellations from that area.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: June 9, 2008, 09:46 AM »
Another interesting fact is that Caprica Six is pregnant with Tigh's baby?!  That would make a thirteenth model wouldn't it?

Or did I forget one? I think that's it, but I don't think they're counting children born of Human/Cylon mating as unique models since it's not like they have the ability to resurrect. (well none of them have the ability to resurrect anymore, but that's besides the point)

I wasn't counting the hybrids.  Tigh and Caprica Six's child would be 100% cylon.

Hybrids or half breeds? Since hybrids, technically, control the base stars.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline JediMoses

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: June 9, 2008, 09:59 PM »

Hybrids or half breeds? Since hybrids, technically, control the base stars.

Mudbloods?  Oh, wrong thread.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #502 on: June 10, 2008, 12:00 AM »
Funny stuff Moses.  I was calling them Hybrids because that's how Hera was referred to.  They definitely throw that word around a lot.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline GrandMasterYoda

• Youngling
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: June 10, 2008, 06:44 PM »
Straxus, you are right on! Orion was there...they are closer now than ever. Orion the Hunter...the arrow that Starbuck found...symbolism...Seeing the old vet's duke it out. Adama going by "Husker". Leaving everything for the woman he loves. God I Love This Show!

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: June 10, 2008, 08:17 PM »
Someone referenced seeing a big space battle in a recent episode.  Can anyone tell me the name of the episode?  I don't remember that at all... :P
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: June 10, 2008, 08:48 PM »
It was the episode called "Hub", which aired on 6/6/08. (Last week) I could be wrong because I have watched some older episodes after the most recent one, but I'm pretty sure there was indeed a space battle.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: June 10, 2008, 09:20 PM »
It was the episode called "Hub", which aired on 6/6/08. (Last week) I could be wrong because I have watched some older episodes after the most recent one, but I'm pretty sure there was indeed a space battle.

ARGH.  I knew I missed an episode.  Why isn't this one on Sci-Fi.com?  Thanks for the tip ...have to go find it elsewhere...

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #507 on: June 10, 2008, 09:53 PM »
This season sci-fi channel has been horrible at posting videos. Last season they were there by 3am the day following the episode but they have been a mess this year.

I also found out that Orion could be seen in the background of the Cylon battle between Cavil and the Rebel Cylons. (which probably was not too many jumps away) I hope ist actually symbolic of how close they are and not just random star/constellation background images. They do such a good job on this show I am in hopes its just a clue.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: June 10, 2008, 10:14 PM »
I also found out that Orion could be seen in the background of the Cylon battle between Cavil and the Rebel Cylons.

They were doing a good job at the beginning of the season, but last few weeks have been craptastic. 

Watched The Hub and it was great - thanks for tipping me off with the Space Battle comments.  I was a little surprised to see zero centurians on the hub ship and apparently the cylons aren't very upset with Roz about not sharing the last #3, but overall a good episode. 

Where are you seeing Orion?  Out viewports?  Is it obvious?  Anyone got any screen caps for those of us with bad eyes?

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #509 on: June 10, 2008, 10:24 PM »
One of my friends is a member of a BSG website and he's been talking about the contellations for a while now.  According to him, the Orion constellation first showed up in the episode where Cally was "ejected" from Galactica...  apparently when she was looking out the viewport, you could see Orion then too.

Justin, here's a screen grab from the 'net from that episode...

« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:26 PM by Jeff »
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender