Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 103907 times)

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #525 on: June 13, 2008, 11:46 PM »

FYI re watch the part with D'eAnna demands the 4 be returned..ok that lead me to think the 5th is already on the basestar? Or maybe she dose not know the ID of the 5th? There is a reason why the 5th did not hear the fraken "music"

maybe the "other" cylons beat them to Earth?

Um SPOILER?   >:(
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #526 on: June 14, 2008, 02:10 AM »
Just finished watching the episode and all I can say is:

**** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****!

When the hell is the next episode!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 14, 2008, 08:23 AM »
sometime in '09...thats the word on the street..

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 14, 2008, 08:27 AM »

FYI re watch the part with D'eAnna demands the 4 be returned..ok that lead me to think the 5th is already on the basestar? Or maybe she dose not know the ID of the 5th? There is a reason why the 5th did not hear the fraken "music"

maybe the "other" cylons beat them to Earth?

Um SPOILER?   >:(
What I didnt give anything away..trust me..there is a lot more that happened..lots more..sorry if i spolied it for you..but sometimes its a risk coming into a forum...right after they show was braodcast...oh and poor sol..what a way to go out... ;D

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 14, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Yeah, D'Anna did mention something about 4 of 5 were with the fleet, so who know where the last one is then.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 14, 2008, 10:21 AM »
Yeah, D'Anna did mention something about 4 of 5 were with the fleet, so who know where the last one is then.
I dont think she knows who the 5th is...I just have to say this show is such a fresh breath of air from 90% of the crap they try and get us to watch.. I watched the episode where the pegauss is found..what a great last couple minutes when Adama and Cain go toe to toe..and when  Adama gets the info that is people are going to be executed..wow that was a great scene.  i would say the evolution of the characters, their realtionships, how every event is connected to another....last night scene with Apolo and Adama was just amazing....and the scene with sol that procedded it was also amazing..James did such a amazing job, i think his overall best performance of the enire series, I didn't want it to end..
« Last Edit: June 14, 2008, 10:24 AM by Darth_Ice »

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 14, 2008, 10:38 AM »
I dont think she knows who the 5th is...

She'll know he/her/it when she see them. She studied all their faces when she saw them on the algae planet. She just doesn't know where he/she/it is. As for the 5th beating them to Earth, remember, all five have been to Earth, so perhaps the 5th never left.

Now that people have see it, here's my prediction:

SPOILER for those who haven't see it -

It wasn't Earth they landed on (despite the constellations being correct.) The show took too much care to not show any familiar continental features. That, and there was no iconic feature in the destroyed ruins.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #532 on: June 14, 2008, 11:05 AM »
The show took too much care to not show any familiar continental features. That, and there was no iconic feature in the destroyed ruins.

Hmmm.... I guess I saw something different.

I thought the very end shot showed what looked like the ruins of the Brooklyn Bridge and/or Manhattan?   ???

Guess we wait and see...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #533 on: June 14, 2008, 11:23 AM »
If it was NY I would have liked to see the statue somewhere. That would have clinched it. But who knows if this is earth.

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #534 on: June 14, 2008, 12:01 PM »
SPOILER

My understanding was that what we saw was the Brooklyn Bridge, and in the background Manhattan.  Could be wrong though.  And for the record:  :o  What I will do until 2009?  Seriously?

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 14, 2008, 12:26 PM »
And for the record:  :o  What I will do until 2009?  Seriously?

Amen.

Offline Greg

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 14, 2008, 12:36 PM »
And for the record:  :o  What I will do until 2009?  Seriously?

Amen.

There is that Star Wars TV show in the Fall, but somehow I think that will just make the wait seem a lot longer.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 14, 2008, 03:20 PM »
SPOILER

My understanding was that what we saw was the Brooklyn Bridge, and in the background Manhattan.  Could be wrong though.  And for the record:  :o  What I will do until 2009?  Seriously?

Okay, just finished watching and wow - kick butt episode.  Felt a little rushed to have so much storyline happen in one episode, but otherwise perfect. 

As for the ending *SPOILERS*...

...I think it was Earth.  I have no idea where or when, but doesn't make sense for it not to be Earth.  And just because NY or wherever they are is a wasteland, doesn't mean the rest of the planet is that way.  I hate it when SCI FI shows just show people land in one spot on the planet and presume that the whole planet is that way.  That's definitely the Star Wars way of doing things - ice planet, desert planet, forest moon, etc. 

I think there must still be life left on Earth.  Underground, another continent, whatever.  I'm still hopefull that while BG will end, there will be a spin off/follow-up show.  Maybe 100 years in the future or whatever if the current actors are no longer interested.
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 14, 2008, 03:47 PM »
and lets not forget the "other" Clylon models lead by the "1's"  are still out there..most likey on their way...

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #539 on: June 15, 2008, 03:12 AM »
Heres the final scene, looks very much like Spuffy was right!
http://www.youtube.com/v/7c6Leg7MGQE&hl=en

I love Tirol's goofy grinning thoughout the whole episode. You cant see it as well in this vid but as everyone else is looking miserable he has a goofy grin...its great!
I am going to be watching it again in HD tommorrow so I will look for some more details.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2008, 03:15 AM by Straxus »
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...