Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104454 times)

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #555 on: June 18, 2008, 07:25 AM »
I've been thinking something about the last episode.  Does anyone think D'Anna is full of BS?  She said that she had "sent a message" to the four in the fleet, but they don't show any signs of receiving said message.  Can D'Anna really communicate that way with them or was she lying?  They didn't hear the music from the Viper until after Tory had gone over to the Basestar.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 18, 2008, 09:19 AM »
Well in the 1st series they found Earth, but once they realilzed they were far more advanced then the humans on Earth they pulled back fearing the cylons would find them and wipe out Earth.  So they keep saying histroy repeats itself...

Depends on on your POV. Glen Larson and entire the cast quit because the network forced them to find Earth so fast, so most don't even consider 1980 fodder. :P

Does anyone know where I can find full, decent quality, episodes of season 4, episodes 3 - 6 on the web?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2008, 10:13 AM by Darth_Anton »
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 18, 2008, 10:02 AM »
I've been thinking something about the last episode.  Does anyone think D'Anna is full of BS?  She said that she had "sent a message" to the four in the fleet, but they don't show any signs of receiving said message.  Can D'Anna really communicate that way with them or was she lying?  They didn't hear the music from the Viper until after Tory had gone over to the Basestar.

I was kind of wondering about that also but all four of them were in the hanger when she said that and she'd seen them.  I think she was just playing it up, that speach was the signal.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Smartypants1635

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Sith empire
« Reply #558 on: June 19, 2008, 09:28 AM »

Does anyone know where I can find full, decent quality, episodes of season 4, episodes 3 - 6 on the web?

OVguide.com
This site has a search feature which searches hundreds of online tv and movie sites. Have fun. This is how I get all my tv shows when I miss them or am introduced to a show that's been on a while.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 21, 2008, 08:53 AM »
what is everyones favorite story arch for the series?
I think my favorite is the whole Pegasuses V Galactica arch.  What I love about the whole series is that never go the conventional route, they always put these great spins on everything.  FYI did anyone notice that woman that played Admiral Cain, was on the last episode of "Lost" she played the Oceanic Airlines spokes person during the episode, I wounder if we will be seeing her more next season on LOST?

FYI, I was was watching the repeat of the episode where Cain and Adama are planning each others assination just great acting on both parts great writing..but the part that caught my attention was Laura being on her death bed and her joke about wanting a new body..is there anyway or does anything think she is the 5th cylon?  I always was curious once we found out about the F5, if they had some kind of reserection ship I mean would they go clear to Earth w/out a safety net?

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 24, 2008, 11:18 AM »
I finally had a chance to watch the latest episode on the internet last night.  We're definitely left hanging which makes me think how the next episode will begin.  It was interesting to see Tori's "human" side when she brought the medication to Laura, and then her Cylon "my people" side when she said she would no longer take orders from the President.  When the fleet arrived at Earth, it seemed like they were celebrating too early.  Although they did confirm a constellation match, shouldn't they also confirm that the Earth is still inhabitable, and humans (13th tribe) were still on the planet?  I guess the goal was to find Earth, and they did do that so it seems.

A very entertaining episode for me.  Watching the episodes on the internet has it's benefits.  You can watch them at whatever time is most convenient, and I really like how the commercials/advertising, if any, are very brief so you can get right back into the show.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 29, 2008, 12:12 AM »
So who is the 12th? what is strange is when you go back and watch episodes from the previous seasons, something happens to one of the characters and you think "Well that one has to be the 12th" Like I was watching the 2nd part of the "resureaction ship" arch, when Apolo is floating out in space after his ship is destroyed.  The way he was looking at the reserection ship as it is being destroyed, they way he kind of just gives up and starts to die.  They save him, but at the end of the episode when he tells StarBuck he "wanted" to die..just struck me as something only a Clyon would say, and the way he said it just made me stop and think...hmmmm

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #562 on: June 29, 2008, 04:09 AM »
Well Moore claims the 12th is not in the "last supper" picture.
I guess we will see in next part of the season if he was telling the truth.
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: June 29, 2008, 12:24 PM »
Ice, my thoughts about how Apollo wished he hadn't been saved during the Resurrection Ship mission were because he was in the know about his dad and the President wanting to assassinate Cain and he thought if dad and his woman were able to order the killing of an officer in cold-blood, then what was humanity coming to. As Bill Adama said in the mini-series, "what makes humanity worth saving" and then he saw the horrors of humanity and he lost the will to live. Just my thoughts.

Offline Darth_Ice

• Banned
  • Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: June 29, 2008, 01:19 PM »
Well if the "12th" is not in the last supper picture, then who could it be? Here is what I do not understand ( it was kind of brought up when Sol told Adama he was a Cylon) that he has "aged" over the years.  Are there "other" copies of the F5?  Were the F5 children and grew up as humans,  they would have to have memories of a childhood?  i know i know, just things to consider do they have their own reserection ship? lol I would think the Cylons would have had to have some kind of gentic meterial to make the "12" i guess they hinted at that during "Razor" when Adama found those humans in that Cylon compound and when they bordered that basestar with the old Hybrid...so then one could guess that the "12" are clones of humans that once lived?

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #565 on: June 29, 2008, 01:36 PM »
There are spoilers regarding that information out there, also from Moore... (but then its the internet and you know how accurate that can be, like the link I posted, then edited and removed after it turned out to be crap.. in the doctor who thread that was... :P )
« Last Edit: June 29, 2008, 03:51 PM by Straxus »
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline Jayson

• Jedi Sentinel
  • I am one with the Force and the Force is with me
    • View Profile
    • www.yakface.com
« Reply #566 on: July 22, 2008, 06:23 AM »
Yakface.com Owner/Content Manager
Follow me on Twitter - @yak_face / @JediJaybird

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 22, 2008, 01:07 PM »
I don't know about Caprica. Here is a show that looks too modern day. Where are the Vipers? Where are the tech? Where are the mechanical Cylons? Are we going to just jump to skin jobs right away? Was that a breast I saw? ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #568 on: July 23, 2008, 07:03 AM »
er... so the prototype cylon is a skinjob?!?!?! WTF?
Why make lesser models if you have that technology already...
Well hopefully it will make more sense when watching it.

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 23, 2008, 07:30 AM »
er... so the prototype cylon is a skinjob?!?!?! WTF?
Why make lesser models if you have that technology already...
Well hopefully it will make more sense when watching it.

It makes sense because he is replacing his daughter.  I think the controversy will be over that issue which will lead to the creation of the Cylons that looked like the original series.

Phruby, I do believe that was a breast...I doubt that would make it to the Sci-Fi channel.