Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104355 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica (Potential Spoilers)
« Reply #600 on: January 17, 2009, 04:11 PM »
At the end when they said you now know the fifth cylon, I wanted to ask, "Haven't we just narrowed it down to two?"

Although I think Tigh's right about the 5th....the other is just too damn obvious.

Spoilers

Well, I think it's pretty certain that it's Ellen given Saul's flashback two millennia previous and the fact that she reassured Saul that they would be reborn again before the blast took them.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 18, 2009, 09:46 AM »
Then what the heck is Starbuck?
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 18, 2009, 11:05 AM »
Yeah, it was a good entertaining episode.  Lots of twists - bummed about that "one character".  Guess we'll have to watch to see how they explain the last "two" probables.  They might throw in a bigger twist, and it's neither one of them ;).

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 18, 2009, 01:07 PM »

A 13th and final Cylon (an unlucky number... harbinger of death, so says the Hybrid) that no one remembers? A human resurrected by the Cylon one-god? A freak of nature.... maybe the head of a new skinjob faction of Cylon that destroyed the others (Tigh, Tyrol, Anders, Tory)? I will be interested to see how this turns out.

Sad, about Dee, but a very interesting way of doing it to where I was left muttering, "What the Frak?"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #604 on: January 18, 2009, 07:01 PM »
Weird thing is that the entire planet "Earth" was populated by 5 cylon models.   :-\

Or they were the only 5 models to escape.

Plus...there's going to have to be some explanation about how cylon skin jobs were created (and destroyed) over 2,000 years ago, when the explanation for how they came to be were from experiments during Adama's flashback in Razor.

Should be an interesting 10 weeks.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 07:03 PM by Matt_Fury »
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 18, 2009, 09:10 PM »
Weird thing is that the entire planet "Earth" was populated by 5 cylon models.   :-\

Or they were the only 5 models to escape.

Plus...there's going to have to be some explanation about how cylon skin jobs were created (and destroyed) over 2,000 years ago, when the explanation for how they came to be were from experiments during Adama's flashback in Razor.

Should be an interesting 10 weeks.

Yeah they must have been the only ones to be sent back to caprica to be reborn, cause in Tyrols flashback there are plenty of other folks around before they get nuked.
I really want to know what the deal is with Starbuck.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 19, 2009, 07:29 AM »

I was thinking that she may be a clone since they took her ovaries...some sort of Cylon experiment.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 19, 2009, 09:46 AM »

Also from Razor (paraphrasing,) from the Hybrid - "It happened before, and it will all happen again."
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #608 on: January 19, 2009, 08:46 PM »
That's been a recurring theme throughout the series Anton...I figure they'll explain that at some point.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Straxus

• Jedi Initiate
  • Flaming Human Torso Productions
    • View Profile
    • My MYSPACE page
« Reply #609 on: January 20, 2009, 11:27 PM »
As far as the final five, remember the Temple of the Five on the algae planet?  ;) The time they died on earth was probably not the first time they have died and been reincarnated. As for the Cylons on earth you could see in the flashbacks that there were many many different people there instead of limited number of "models"
Its my theory after watching this that the "13th colony" left on the run from their creations, humanity, who rebelled and drove them away.
The Cylons then either destroyed themselves OR were eventually tracked down and destroyed by their creations, who conveniently rewrote history (as the victors usually do) and humanity forgot their TRUE origions, beleiving themselves to be from Kobol. (Did anyone ever do testing on the corpses they found on Kobol? I think they just ASSUMED the corpses were human...)
OR... the tested revealed the 13th colony to be Cylon because of specific markers they were testing for to indicate Cylon were present.
Perhaps they were Cylon/Human hybrids from ages past who united after a brutal conflict and mated together allowing a diverse species.
OR
Maybe the Centurions found arround the cylon corpses were not Cylons but in fact "toaster" early model humans or their minions who were deployed to earth to eliminate any surviving Cylons after they nuked the planet?

Possiblities, so many possibilities....

Maybe some of those 2000 year old Centurions are in hiding on earth and duplicated Starbuck, though still does not explain HOW the heck her Viper made it from the storm on the gas planet to crash on earth. I think there is some series Divine intervention going on there.

Well enough of my ramblings...  ;D
...carbon stars with ancient satellites colonized by sentient fungi. Gas giants inhabited by vast meteorological intelligences. Worlds stretched thin across the membranes where dimensions intersect...

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 21, 2009, 11:50 PM »
Here's some food for thought:

#1 what if there is some sort of reincarnation device on the planet (be it machine or God) that ressurects anything that dies on the planet?  Whatever plan the final five had for ressurection could still be in effect.  Starbuck's Viper somehow interacted with whatever that device was and it rebuilt her (and the ship, since cylon tech may not differentiate between mechanical versus organic), just like it did the final five.

#2 do you think that the planet the Colonial Fleet found is really Earth?  There was a specific line in the premier where someone said the 13th colony found this planet and called it Earth, but maybe they were just trying to recreate someone else's civilization.  Maybe the real Earth is still out there for them to find...?
Climbed a mountain & never came back. I will not quit & I always fight back 
From this moment for all my life. What could I say? Was born to be this way. And what could I say?  Just livin' for today

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: January 23, 2009, 09:47 PM »
Interesting thoughts, Justin...

I awoke from a nap with this thought. Could Ellen be the 12th Cylon and reincarnated though Saul and Number 6's love child? Or would the child be #15?

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 25, 2009, 05:40 PM »
I think you need to go back to sleep.  ;)
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 25, 2009, 11:14 PM »
That was very much a set up episode.
Cant wait to see how things go from there.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 25, 2009, 11:27 PM »
I think you need to go back to sleep.  ;)

You are probably right. I am lacking now that I have a 7 week old daughter in my life.  ;)

One thing that kind of got me: maybe I missed something in Cottle and Tyrol's conversation in regards to Cally and the baby. If Cally knew that Hot Dog was the father, then why did she go ape**** over her son possibly being half-Cylon and wanting to suicide airlock herself with Nicky? Was she afraid Galen would find out and kill her and Nicky? Plus, if Galen felt that he never loved Cally (smelled of stewed cabbage, or something like that) why did he care about Hot Dog and her... and finally, I wonder if Hot Dog was referring to Cally when he was in the pilot's room complaining about a rash to Helo which prompted Helo to move and quip, "I hope she was worth it."