Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 103890 times)

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
Re: Battlestar Galactica (Potential Spoilers)
« Reply #615 on: January 26, 2009, 01:43 AM »
I think, possibly, Tyrol was not meant to be one of the final five all along and this episode was meant to just make sure that he wasn't the father so that there wasn't a second hybrid out there.  Just a minor continuity glitch...I'm not all up in arms about it.

I am so looking forward to next week.  About time there was a mutiny!   :D
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 31, 2009, 02:55 AM »
Oh, my freaking God. Jaw dropping episode.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: January 31, 2009, 04:06 AM »
No ****!

The preview for next week they said Tigh was dead...somehow I doubt that.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: January 31, 2009, 10:37 AM »
Excellent episode!  Everytime I saw Gaeda, I was like what are you doing!!!  It was exciting all the way through.  I can't wait until next week's episode.

The mutiny has to have put a small dent on the human count.  In a time where humanity is desparately fighting for survival, I would think that everyone would stick together and put aside differences.  I guess that's not always the case (human nature?).  If the situation were real, I can totally see this happening.

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: January 31, 2009, 05:14 PM »
I can't believe that as much of the crew has mutinied as they have.  All the Marines?  Almost all of the pilots?  Man, I can maybe see the lower end crew being really tweaked by this, but to get Gaeda to convert everyone?

I didn't see that coming.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 1, 2009, 04:53 AM »
I guess when he had them close the hatch and say lets talk he really did some serious talking.
What a brilliant episode, I love Adama he is so dam hard!!
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline EdSolo

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 2, 2009, 07:15 AM »
I forsee Gaeda getting thrown out an airlock by the end of the series.  I also have to wonder if Tigh's wife is going to show up at some point.  With the whole final five Cylon thing, it would be a bit of a downer if they never got the final five together.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 6, 2009, 11:17 PM »
Great episode tonight!  Almost pure action from beginning to end.

Next week looks great too.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 7, 2009, 09:39 AM »
Yeah, awesome through an through. You feel a little bad for Geata, but Adama couldn't not do it.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 7, 2009, 10:41 AM »
Yeah, awesome through an through. You feel a little bad for Geata, but Adama couldn't not do it.

Didn't feel sorry for Zarek, though.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 7, 2009, 12:38 PM »
Yes, it was an entertaining episode!  It was interesting to see Richard Hatch, who played of one of the "good" guys on the original show, play what turns out to be a very "bad" guy on this show.  One thing I didn't quite get is when Gaeta said "it stopped" or something to that effect at the end of the episode.  Also, Zarek/Gaeta = Emperor/Vader?   :)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 7, 2009, 02:35 PM »
One thing I didn't quite get is when Gaeta said "it stopped" or something to that effect at the end of the episode. 

Ever since Gaeta lost his leg, he was itching the stump... perhaps having phantom sensations of a leg that is no longer there. So the sensation finally quit before he was shot.

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 7, 2009, 07:32 PM »
What a fantastic episode.
Man Roslyn sure has some teeth when she gets pissed doesnt she?
I'm actually surprised that it was only those two at the end that were executed, would have thought more, specially some of those viper pilots.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 7, 2009, 09:38 PM »
I always looked at Zarek and Gaeta being the good guys while Adama and Roslyn ran the government as a couple of dictators. Heck they have suspended government rule whenever they wanted.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 7, 2009, 10:55 PM »
I never thought Zarek was a good guy.  I've been waiting for someone to off him for a while now.  The webisodes shine a new light on Gaeta and what went on while they were on New Caprica.  If you haven't seen those you should watch them.

One thing, however, I never expected Zarek to have the Council killed...and the Marines carried it out without flinching.  If I were Adama, I'd purge the ship.  He'll never be able to trust any of them again at this point.  There aren't a lot of pilots left either.  Hot Dog, Helo and Athena are about the only ones that didn't seem to turn.

After watching last night's episode I have to go back to my previous comment about how I didn't believe the entire crew would mutiny.  Well, I can kind of see it now.  One of the pilots, might have been Narcho, made the comment about how pissed he was that Adama let the Cylons into the fleet and even let Tigh serve after finding out he was one of the five.  The Cylons kicked their ass and then screwed with them for a year on New Caprica and now, bam, they're buddies?  I can see how the hatred for them, especially in the military units who are on the front line, would make them agree with Gaeta and go along. 

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"