Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104374 times)

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica (Potential Spoilers)
« Reply #645 on: February 17, 2009, 08:23 AM »
I think I might have mentioned this before awhile back, but I'm interested in some answers from questions left from the miniseries...

Who was Six talking to (the other was offscreen) on Caprica just before the attacks? I can only assume it was John, as he was the mastermind behind the attack on the colonies. He obviously has a hatred for the Five, he managed to convince the others to go along with wiping out mankind, at least until the 6 and Boomer, Leoben models didn't see humans as a threat. Plus, John had to know when the Raider scanned Sam and revealed the Five were among the fleet, he potentially could lose influence over the other models to the Five.

Who left the note in Adama's cabin that said there are 12 Cylon models? Is this important to the whole scheme of the show; probably not, but I often wonder who knew and why s/he told him there are a certain number. And if it was a Cylon, why give a hint.

Just some thoughts.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #646 on: February 21, 2009, 02:51 AM »
What a crazy frakkin episode!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 28, 2009, 12:16 AM »
Wow.  So Starbuck is the original Hybrid.  Pretty frakkin cool!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 28, 2009, 01:08 AM »
Yeah, it seemed to be a slow episode and wondered where they were going with things, but picked up pretty damn quick and I guess the two big things right away.

Good to see Helo back since he's been missing in action for the past few weeks... well, he got action tonight.  ;D

3 Eps to go though...  :'(

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #649 on: February 28, 2009, 11:08 AM »
If the Starbuck thing pans out, it will confirm my suspicions about her.  But there's still something going on, something directing them like they said, that has to do with Earth yet.  Hmm....

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 2, 2009, 09:20 AM »
After watching the episode a second time, I can better see the probability that Starbuck's father was Daniel, especially with the fact that the guy "disappeared."
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 2, 2009, 09:34 AM »
Unlike Lost, you don't see very many people on this show disappear all of sudden. He was probably a head model like Baltar's head six. Is it possible that the head characters are really spirital guides?

Oh, that little girl playing the piano was pretty creepy.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 2, 2009, 04:09 PM »
Far fetched, but Kara could be "Daniel". Maybe when Cavil ruin the amnio-sacks (or whatever it was) a Daniel became a female who was rescued and sent away (and forgotten by the 5). Daniel was an artisan, much like Kara.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #653 on: March 2, 2009, 04:23 PM »
I have no idea what's going on...  either:

1 - Starbuck is a hybrid, her dad really being the "lost" cylon Daniel.
or
2 - Starbuck is a cylon, she's the result of Cavil sabotaging the Daniel line.
or
3 - The dad/daniel stuff is a red herring and Starbuck is something else yet to be revealed (Seraph, Being of Light, etc).

I have no idea what to believe right now since there seems to be evidence pointing to all three posibilities.  I guess I'll just sit back and keep watching and hopefully they will spell it out for me before it's all over...
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 7, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Great episode! I love how Starbuck could jump start Anders when they stuck him in the hybred goo. So the Galatica is falling apart huh? I wonder if we are leading into a show called Basestar Galatica? We can still call it BSG. It sounds like they are going to go rescue the girl.
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 7, 2009, 01:18 PM »
With 2 episodes to go, I'm sure we aren't going to change it to BaseStar Galactica.  ;) But maybe with the dream sequence with Hera, it appeared she was on the tactical table moving Galactica into a BaseStar ramming style.

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 7, 2009, 02:40 PM »
Next week looks completely kick ass!
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 7, 2009, 02:46 PM »
With 2 episodes to go, I'm sure we aren't going to change it to BaseStar Galactica.  ;) But maybe with the dream sequence with Hera, it appeared she was on the tactical table moving Galactica into a BaseStar ramming style.
When I saw that, I was wondering if that was foretelling an event like that was to come.  Didn't Adama say something like Galactica will go out in style towards the end of the episode ;D.

It was cool to get a glimpse of the Cylon colony (or base?).  When the Raptor landed, weren't those classic Cylon Raiders (or modified ones) already on the platform?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 7, 2009, 03:40 PM »
Yeah, there was at least one classic Cylon Raider on the landing platform when Boomer arrived.  I saw that and kind of had a WTF moment.

As much as I love this show, I think they've now had one too many Adama "breaks **** up and cries over it" moments. 

I was also thinking the same thing about Hera playing with Galactica and the Basestar.  Wonder if it'll be the climax of the series...take out Cavil and the rest of his minions? 

Just can't believe there are only 2 episodes left in this series.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #659 on: March 7, 2009, 04:51 PM »
I think they've now had one too many Adama "breaks **** up and cries over it" moments.

I agree...  the last three weeks have had WAY too much  "Adama walks around looking at his ship and then gets upset" crap.  The whole "let's ditch Galactica" plot seems to be dragging along at this point.

Overall, I was a little underwhelmed with last night's episode.  With so few left, I was hoping we'd get 'more' out of these last few.  Seems like this was yet another "set-up" episode with Boomer/Hera, Athena/Helo, Starbuck/Baltar all being set up for something in the last two eispodes.

I liked the show last night and everything, but it just left me a little disappointed not to get a WTF? moment we've had over the last few episodes.  :-\
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender