Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104749 times)

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica (Potential Spoilers)
« Reply #660 on: March 14, 2009, 09:21 PM »
Well, this one is more setup for the last episode. Did anyone notice if Baltar is going with the Galactica or is he going to lead the government again with the people left behind?
This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"
Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: March 15, 2009, 08:32 AM »
What a great episode.
I cant wait for next weeks final.
It will be sad to see no more galactica after this.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: March 15, 2009, 11:37 AM »
Did anyone notice if Baltar is going with the Galactica or is he going to lead the government again with the people left behind?

Spoiler

At Comic-com last year, we were told that Baltar runs around with guns, shooting stuff up in the last episode.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: March 15, 2009, 01:43 PM »
Balter stays behind in the episode, but I bet he decides to join the crew as he kept looking at Caprica, looking ashamed that he doesn't have the courage and in the end does on selfless act of saving Caprica by taking a bullet.

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: March 20, 2009, 09:48 PM »
Alrighty, I'm a little late, but I just watched last week's episode Daybreak Part 1 and can't wait to see the series finale.  When the crew was strategizing and talking about the one point where they can jump to but all guns would be pointed at that position, I was wondering if they would have the Bay ship jump with the Raptors to serve as a distraction.  It didn't seem like they finalized on what they were going to do.  Lastly, kinda off subject but Gaius's dad reminds me of George Carlin.  Bring on the last episode!

Offline Ghost of QG

• Jedi Initiate
  • Pimpin' the Midwest
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: March 21, 2009, 12:23 AM »
I loved it!! Great Frackin' finale. In the same manner that Star Trek TOS was the measuring stick for sci-fi on TV, BSG just raised the bar and will be the new judging point for sci-fi shows. Kudos to the best , and my favorite, show ever....

Offline Darth_Anton

• Jedi Sentinel
  • Whatever
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: March 21, 2009, 11:32 AM »
BSG raised the bar twenty minutes into the pilot when Six snapped the baby's neck.

That said, awesome finale. I was sitting there the whole time expecting major characters to get killed off left and right, even when they got to Earth. Luckily, some of the unresolved questions, like more details about Starbuck, will get answered in The Plan.
Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel - The Imperial Communique -https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyEfCtMv1lWhxSH-B1Scr4g
"Snark is the idiot's version of wit."

Offline King_Maul

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: March 21, 2009, 11:55 AM »
It was a great finale.  I was getting more depressed by the minute as the episode ran because the show was coming to an end  :(.  I'm going to miss the show.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: March 21, 2009, 12:42 PM »
Now the question is will the Star Wars tv series raise the bar even higher?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: March 21, 2009, 02:00 PM »
I thought for sure I was going to cry during that finale last night, but didn't.  But it definitely feels like a loss today, knowing that there won't be any more weekly stories to watch.  I'll probably give it a little time and then pick up the full series on DVD and watch them again, in order.  That might be the plan for next winter when it's too cold to do anything outside on the weekends.

Anyway, loved last night's episode.  I still don't really get what Starbuck is for the final season.  Angel, prophet, messiah?  Harbinger?  It doesn't seem like she ended up being the harbinger of death, since, in the end, she saved them all.  Angel doesn't quite fit because they all could see her where Six and Baltar ended up being angels to (the real) Baltar and Caprica respectively. 

Either way, kind of sad that after all they'd been through, Lee and Kara couldn't be together in the end.

It was nice to see that most of the major characters we've seen over the seasons make it out in the end. 

One thing though, I don't think it would have taken 150,000 years to get to where we are today if we'd been settled by an advanced race from another planet.  Even though they didn't keep a lot of technology, and spread out over the planet, they were smart people.  They'd have recreated more advanced tools and farming techniques and advanced society much faster, IMO.  Unless they were mostly wiped out at some point, it just seems realistic that things would have been on a faster evolution curve than 150,000 years.  But, it's just a TV show.

It's definitely one of the best TV shows I've ever seen and I'm going to miss it very much.   The Plan sounds like it will be good and maybe they'll tie up a couple more of the (really, few) loose ends we have.  Like Starbuck, specifically.

With BSG over,  Sara Connor Chronicles done after this year, Kyle XY finished, Heroes sagging...there seems to be a lack of good sci fi to look forward to.  Hopefully Whedon's Dollhouse picks up (I'm kind of indifferent on it right now), Stargate: Universe is better than it sounds and Caprica captures some of the mojo that BSG has.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #670 on: March 21, 2009, 08:26 PM »
Don't forget there's that BSG movie this fall.

Great finale last night...great end to a great show.
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: March 21, 2009, 09:51 PM »

Anyway, loved last night's episode.  I still don't really get what Starbuck is for the final season.  Angel, prophet, messiah?  Harbinger?  It doesn't seem like she ended up being the harbinger of death, since, in the end, she saved them all.  Angel doesn't quite fit because they all could see her where Six and Baltar ended up being angels to (the real) Baltar and Caprica respectively. 

I see Starbuck as a resurrected being much like Jesus after the Crucifixion. She was brought back by the one true God to full fill her destiny and then she was returned. This is the same God that the two angels serve. Heck, if normal Cylons can have resurrection, why couldn't God?

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: March 22, 2009, 07:12 AM »
That was wild.
If it had to end it couldnt have been much better.
I'm gonna miss this show.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline Phrubruh

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: March 22, 2009, 05:31 PM »
It definately filled in almost all the questions and felt complete. I love how they were able to tie everything together at the end like the writers had actual plan from the beginning. I like how the story is staying with me days after watching it. Why can't the rest of television be like that?

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: March 22, 2009, 10:20 PM »
Why can't the rest of television be like that?

Because Hollywood sucks?  I'm just throwing that out there.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"