Author Topic: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)  (Read 104419 times)

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Battlestar Galactica (Potential Spoilers)
« Reply #675 on: April 20, 2009, 03:23 AM »
I had the chance to meet Katee Sackhoff/my dream girl yesterday and what a treat it was. She was incredibly personable and sweet. And add to that that she looks even more beautiful in person.
"This is the way."

Offline Matt_Fury

• Jedi General
  • I aim to misbehave.
    • View Profile
    • Every Action Figure Parody has a beginning.
« Reply #676 on: April 20, 2009, 11:43 PM »
About a year ago I was TDY in California for training and my Wife came out to visit for a weekend.  We went to the Firestone winery for a tasting and Katee Sackhoff came in with some friends.  I didn't get to talk to her, but it was still pretty cool to see her in person.

How did you meet her Ryan?
This is the way.

I have spoken.

Offline P-Siddy

• Jedi General
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: April 20, 2009, 11:53 PM »
That's cool, Ryan! I would love to sit and chat with the BSG stars and thank them for doing such an exceptional job on the show and how sad TV is without it now.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #678 on: April 21, 2009, 02:11 AM »
About a year ago I was TDY in California for training and my Wife came out to visit for a weekend.  We went to the Firestone winery for a tasting and Katee Sackhoff came in with some friends.  I didn't get to talk to her, but it was still pretty cool to see her in person.

How did you meet her Ryan?

That's pretty cool Matt, I don't remember hearing that. I actually met her at Starfest here in Denver. The con itself was pretty lame, but I only really went to see her stuff anyways, which was great.

And coincidentally I just found out tonight that I'll also be meeting Edward James Olmos next Tuesday night. :)

He is doing a lecture/talk on his life in the barrio as a kid and on the importance of diversity. There is a meet and greet afterwards which I also have tickets to. I was already doing a project on him for a class I have, so I'm really hoping to get the chance to ask him a few interview questions and I know I'll find a way to sneak some Galactica questions in there. :P
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica
« Reply #679 on: April 21, 2009, 05:08 PM »
Anyone buying Caprica on DVD today?  I don't know if I'll buy it today or not but I'm definitely picking it up this week.  I'm interested to see what they've done with this new show.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #680 on: April 21, 2009, 05:50 PM »
I just picked it up but I doubt I'll get a chance to watch it until at least tomorrow. I'm definitely pretty excited for it. I was looking to buy Season 4.5 as well, but it appears as if the DVD release date site I checked lied to me about its release date.  >:(
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: April 21, 2009, 07:10 PM »
Speaking of BSG seasons on DVD.  Target has a 2-pack of season 2 and 2.5 that's on sale this week for, I think, $34.99.

E...
"I sell the drugs that keep you people from seeing dragons at night." - Gus "Psych"

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #682 on: April 22, 2009, 12:03 AM »
I'll buy Caprica this week.  Anyone seen the BSG Complete Series on Blu Ray at Digital Bits?  Suh-weet.

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #683 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25 AM »
I'll buy Caprica this week.  Anyone seen the BSG Complete Series on Blu Ray at Digital Bits?  Suh-weet.

That one sure is going to set me back a bit. Especially considering I'll have to buy Season 4.5 on regular DVD as well... :-X
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:29 AM by Ryan »
"This is the way."

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: April 22, 2009, 09:21 AM »
Can we talk about Caprica in here yet???
I'll say this, it sets up the characters,I felt it was kinda slow, but the demo at the end made the wait worthwhile.

I do hope this gets picked up and run with.
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline jedi_master_sal

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: Battlestar Galactica/Caprica (Potential Spoilers)
« Reply #685 on: April 22, 2009, 02:19 PM »
How many season of BSG are there and how many DVD sets?
I'm just a humble collector trying to make his way through the universe...of toy aisles.
"We are strong. We are resilient. We are American." - President Barack Obama, State of the Union Address 2010

Offline Hemish

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Blah
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: April 22, 2009, 07:03 PM »
4 Seasons and the initial miniseries and Razor

Dvd sets depends on where you are
For australia we have
miniseries
season1
season2
season3
first half of season 4
secpnd half of season 4 due soon
Razor

I believe the US got jipped and had season 2 split into 2 sets
I wouldnt be surprised if there is some super duper ultimate galactica set out soon though
The problem with America is stupidity I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: April 22, 2009, 08:52 PM »
You're right on the US release.  We got the following:

Mini Series
Season 1
Season 2.0
Season 2.5
Season 3
Razor
Season 4.0 w/ Razor
Season 4.5 (coming soon)
Complete Series (coming soon...I don't know yet if it'll have the mini series or Razor but I'd assume it would)

E...

Offline Ryan

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • Destiny is all
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #688 on: April 23, 2009, 06:56 AM »
You're right on the US release.  We got the following:

Mini Series
Season 1
Season 2.0
Season 2.5
Season 3
Razor
Season 4.0 w/ Razor
Season 4.5 (coming soon)
Complete Series (coming soon...I don't know yet if it'll have the mini series or Razor but I'd assume it would)

E...

Don't forget the last "movie" The Plan which comes out this fall.
"This is the way."

Offline efranks

• Jedi Knight
  • Eric Franks
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: May 29, 2009, 12:07 AM »
I'm surprised nobody has bumped this yet.  It's taken a few weeks but I finally watched "Caprica" tonight and the major take away is always back up your data.

At least, when it got right down to the end, that's the thing that went through my head.  Anyway, it was a pretty good movie.  Definitely has a new feel to it even though it's set in the BSG world.  The shaky handheld camera is gone, it's not as dark and gritty and war torn but it's still in the same universe and that was cool.

The plot was interesting and they tied a lot of things together and the ending was really kind of a cliffhanger.  Anyone know if this is actually getting picked up for an ongoing series?

E...