Author Topic: Ultra C-3P0 and Escape Pod  (Read 1779 times)

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
Ultra C-3P0 and Escape Pod
« on: December 13, 2003, 07:52 AM »
I picked up the three new Ultra figurea at Wal-Mart. Since there is already a review started for the Wampa and Reeiken I thought I would start the review for C-3P0.

Appearance -
The pod has a nice sculpt.
8/10
C-3P0 is more of a dirty bronze color than gold. Which makes him look like he haas been in the desert for a long time. Luke needs to clean him up. I really like the sculpt of this figure.
9/10

Articluation -
The escape pod has an opening hatch on the top to load in C-3P0 and R2-D2 if you want to.
C-3P0 at first you think his joints look very loose, they are meant to be that way. A nice addition to this C-3P0 is that his limbs are removable. There is only a straight peg holding the limbs into the torso. The head has a neat surprise. When you take off his head the post that hold his head on has sculpted wires. I think that was a neat surprise made by Hasbro.
10/10

Pose-ability -
There's quite a bit you can do here, I'm very pleased. C-3P0 can be used in many different dioramas.
10/10

Accessory -
An espace pod. Like before it has an opening top hatch. Not much to do with the escape pod but have C-3P0 and R2-D2 crash land on Tatooine or have the Sandtroopers look over the crash site.
7/10

Overall -
Worth the $10 at Wal-Mart or $11 at TRU. Go out and get this set. Many will think the Wampa figure is the best out of the Ultra figs like I did until I really got to look and analize this set. After you get to play with this thing for yourself I think most people will really like the C-3P0.
10/10
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline JediMAC

• Pretty in Pink
  • Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Ultra C-3P0 and Escape Pod
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2003, 02:37 PM »
David, do you by any chance have the Vintage Land of the Jawas playset, and if so - I was wondering if they used the same Escape Pod mold as the Vintage one...  I'm sure I've read before what the deal is, but don't seem to recall anymore.

If not David, does anyone else know?

I picked this set up last week, and really like it as well.  Even though the Pod is essentially 3 seperate pieces, it fits together very tightly and snug.  I'd obviously have preferred for it to be more to scale, but it's still nice at it's smaller size.

3PO doesn't have the "shiny" finish we're accustomed to seeing, but perhaps the lack of it is somewhat appropriate for his dusty Tatooine version...  I like the hodge podge of 3PO parts they put into this to come up with a different looking C-3PO.  Pretty sure I read somewhere that they mixed and matched several 3PO's figure's parts to come up with this one.

I didn't even realize you could pull him apart though.  Thanks for the tip David!  Very cool...

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 10:49 AM »
No the pod is a new Sculpt. I have many of the Vintage Toys, Vehicles, Playsets packed away. The Land of the Jawa pod is much smaller and has less detail.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2003, 11:50 AM »
I got this one Last week it's really cool I like it alot. :D