Author Topic: Saddam Captured  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Saddam Captured
« on: December 14, 2003, 10:30 AM »
What do yall think about Saddam being captured by US forces?I know I'm hella happy!
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
Re: Saddam Captured
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2003, 10:47 AM »
What a way to start your Sunday.

I'm glad he survived. His trial should be more interesting than the Laci Petersen case. If he makes it that far.
Post sober.

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2003, 10:51 AM »
On the news you can hear people saying Death To Saddam and more. I hope they lay it into him.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2003, 11:55 AM »
Finally caught that son of a bitch. He's going to wish he'd died in the bombing raids before the trial is through.

The guy knew he was guilty too; did you all see where he was hiding?
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline BobaShek

• Jedi Initiate
  • OT Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2003, 12:10 PM »
Look's like he doesn't even know where he is. :P

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2003, 12:17 PM »
I am so happy they got that S-O-B!  It might have taken longer than it should, but I'm glad they found him alive.  I can't wait until he's put onto trial.  This is the best way a Sunday morning could have started.
dustrho

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2003, 07:58 PM »
Im Gald they Got him...   :D  Only thing that concerns me is what is going to happen to him from this point,  are they give him to Iraq to Tri him or what.  I would hate to see him get out of all the crimes that he is charged for, but only time will tell, I hope he gets what he deserves.  :-\

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2003, 10:48 AM »
YAHOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We finally caught the SOB!!! HEll Yea!!!!! Let's grab our guns guys! ;)
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

Offline Darth Broem

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2003, 10:52 AM »
I thought it was great they were able to take his cowardly ass alive.  LOL!  He probably won't reveal a damn thing but it's nice to see him put on display as nothing more than a lowlife criminal.  Hopefully the same fate or worse is coming to Osama Bin Laden in the near future.  

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2003, 10:53 AM »
It was so great to wake up on Sunday morning and hear about this.  It is so great that they caught him, and it will be interesting to see what happens from here on out.  I think it should be a big morale boost for our troops if nothing else, and hopefully it is another step closer to getting all of our troops back home with their family and friends, where they belong.  God bless them all, and a job well done!

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2003, 11:14 AM »
Very good news indeed, he's not going to talk about anything though.  He'll die with his secrets...its a shame he was in power as long as he was and all of those helpless Iraqis had to die.

On a sort of unrelated note...just got this form letter from my buddy in Baghdad...
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
THE THANK YOU LETTER

Hello everyone from Baghdad,
I thought that I would write a general letter to everyone in order for you all to get this in time for Christmas.  First off, thank you for all of the support that you have shown me and the soldiers deployed over here.  Also thank-you for the Christmas tree ornaments, the tree is in my room with all of the ornaments hanging off of it, it looks great.
We are doing fine over here in Baghdad.  We are all looking forward to going home sometime this spring.  We still do not know an exact date and I do not waste anytime trying to speculate when we will go home; I will go home when they tell me to go home.  The weather over here is decidedly cooler than it was in the summer time (thankfully).  During the day the high is usually around 65-70 degrees and at night it gets down to the mid-30s to lower-40s.  It has even rained a few times with a few thunderstorms.  The rain is a welcome site, keeps the dust down and somewhat cleans the mud and garbage off of the streets.  The locals say that the weather will stay cool like this until March timeframe and then it will start to heat back up.

Baghdad is improving daily.  The schools are up and running and everyday I see school kids in their uniforms being marched off to school by their mothers.  The power is running more consistently than before, but their still are times when there is an outage for an extended period of time.  The water and sewage are working!!  This is a big one since this country smells like rot anyways.  The citizens seem friendly to us still; they wave back when I wave, the kids always wave at us.  It is nice to drive out in the city and see all of the markets springing up all over the place, the new stores, new billboards, etc.  The Iraqi citizens are quick to embrace capitalism.  We still have some issues with picking the government, establishing a police force and military.

Well, I hope you all have a Merry Christmas.  Thank you for all of your support that you have given Marsha and I, it has been wonderful.  God Bless and take care.

Mike

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

We went to High School together and are both Chemical Engineers, he went into the army because eventually he wants to go into the FBI/CIA probably never thinking he'd be in a war.  Been thinking about him since the war started and reading with dread each day there is a new attack on the US Soldiers.  With Saddam out of the picture I hope he can come home sooner rather than later.

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2003, 11:43 AM »
OCB, thank you for sharing your letter with us.  Is always good to here from our Troops... Make me feel good that they are doing well.   ;)