Author Topic: Figures You Wouldn't Mind Seeing Recarded?  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Figures You Wouldn't Mind Seeing Recarded?
« on: February 25, 2004, 11:22 AM »
Although I think most of us wish Hasbro would just release new figures, it seems like they have been having a little bit of recarding fever over there lately.  I don't really mind some figures being re-released, especially if they are on those new, spiffy, OTC cards.  That being said, I'm not sure why they even had that Hall of Fame wave, since we're getting many of those again on OTC cards.  They should have maybe started the cardbacks sooner, or held off until later.  I will say though, the repacks don't really sit around here very long either, so that is a good sign I suppose.  If the recarding is a necessary evil to us, are there any figures you wouldn't mind seeing re-released (either for you, or for others).  Maybe some figures that would hold up well, comparable to current sculpting/quality?  I don't really understand why they haven't recarded the POTJ Bespin Capture Han Solo, since they like to have a Han out at all times, and they have done the Commtech one to death now.  Also, many other POTJ and Saga figures (Sandtrooper, FX-7, Ephant Mon, Cloud City Chewie, Bespin Luke, etc.) are quite well done, and wouldn't be terrible recarded figures either.  Any suggestions you might have?

Offline Mikey D

• Jedi Knight
  • Lost soul
    • View Profile
Re: Figures You Wouldn't Mind Seeing Recarded?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2004, 11:41 AM »
Ephant Mon.  I saw him once in a store and know a lot of people are missing him.

If this wasn't the OTC, I would say the last waves of E1 figures - Holo Sidious, Sio Bibble and the only one I'm still missing - Amidala ascension gun.

And good army builders - CT stormtrooper, SA clone, POTJ sandtroopers - would always sell well, no matter what card they're on.
Common sense isn't so common

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2004, 12:03 PM »
might sound cheesy, but i wouldn't mind seeing them take figures from some of the old cinema scenes - cantina aliens, jedi spirits, rebel pilots, jabba's skiff guards, and jabba's dancers - and release them on individual cards. my reason? i collect carded single figures and loose figures, but everything else - cinema scenes, ships, playsets - i open up. i have all my carded figures on the walls of my collection room, and would just like to add these figures to that display.

other than that, there's not much i think really needs to be re-carded (or re-recarded, re-re-recarded, re-re-re-re... you get the idea) except monkey faced leia... not.

that said, being an insane completist, you can count on me to buy at least 1 of everything that gets released. insane, i know.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2004, 01:39 PM »

Figures I don't mind seeing re-carded and shipped again on new card style:

PotJ Sandtrooper
PotJ Scout Trooper
Clone Wars Clone Trooper (Super Articulated)
Saga Snowtrooper
CommTech Stormtrooper

In my opinion, these guys should be released every so often.  They are the true army builders and I wouldn't mind having more opportunity to buy them over and over.

That's just me though.

Jeff

Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2004, 02:17 AM »
Here's some old, and not so old, ones I'd like to see repacked:

POTF2
    -ATAT Driver
    -Death Star Droid
    -Death Star Trooper
    -Ree Yees
    -Hoth Leia
    -Pote Snitkin
    -Wuher
    -Admiral Motti
    -R2 w/ Holo Leia

Episode 1
    -Queen Amidala Battle
    -Naboo royal guard
    -Naboo royal security
    -Adi Gallia
    -OOM-9
    -R2-B1
    -TC-14

POTJ
    -Leia Organa Bespin Escape
    -Aurra Sing
    -Sandtrooper
    -Darth Vader Emperor’s Wrath
    -Han Solo Death Star Escape
    -Coruscant Guard
    -Gungan Warrior
    -Mon Calamari Officer
    -IG-88
    -K-3PO
    -Queen Amidala Theed Invasion
    -R2-Q5
    -Tessek   
    -Bespin Guard
    -Sabe Queen’s Decoy
    -Ellorrs Madak
    -Shmi Skywalker

Saga
    -Clone Trooper Pilot
    -Ephant Mon
    -All Jedi Knights, Masters and padawans

Clone Wars
    -SP Clone
    -Blue Clone
    -Yellow Clone
    -Red Clone
    -Red ARC Trooper
    -Blue ARC Trooper
« Last Edit: February 26, 2004, 02:26 AM by T-Bone Kenobi »

Offline jadesfire

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2004, 08:35 AM »
I'd like the rebel pilots released.  I only was able to pick up one of those 3 packs and I think I would be cool to see them on their own card (as mentioned above by jokabofe).

I'd also like to see Oola on her own card.
Beth