Collectibles > Original Trilogy Collection

Vintage Style Figures from Hasbro???

(1/6) > >>

Scott:
A rumor popped up in the Rebelscum forums that said Hasbro has plans to release Vintage Style figures in 2004. The plans for which are still sketchy however...could be rereleases ala the MOTU figures. Could be new never before done figures sculpted in a vintage style ala Tarkin, Cantina Band Member. Or it might be Prequel figures again sculpted in a vintage style. Sounds like a cool idea and we'll keep you posted if more news comes down the pipe.

http://forums.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=1;t=011606

Thoughts???

Darth Broem:
Personally I would not mind them if they are Tarkin, Cantina Band Member, Vader (removeable helmet).  Stuff us old turds did not get when we were wee ones.  Or I could live with PT figures as well.   If it's going to be figures that were already released back in the day all over again then I don't care for it.  

I am sure it will create a hornet's nest either way if they are released.  

Mainland05:
that would be awesome.

speedermike:
I agree, if it's just rereleased figures from 77-85, big deal.  I've got them, and most people interseted in Vintage have them.  But of Hasbro makes new vinatge style sculpts of OT or PT figures, I'll be in SW heaven.

Scott:
The GH Swami chimes in...

--- Quote ---Swami Sez: What's Old Is New Again
12/15/2003 10:53:03 AM | Reported by Mike

Don't call it a comeback. The Ghost of Kenner Past has visited our Galactic Swami and reveals some terrific news. Although only a few details are available at this time, Swami sez that along with the Original Trilogy DVD release next year, older fans will be able to rekindle some fond memories from their childhood toy chest.

Hasbro is planning on releasing a special collector edition run of Vintage style action figures in conjunction with the highly anticipated release of the Holy Trilogy DVD release in 2004. While based on figures from that era, these new versions will sport additional articulation and will come at a much higher pricepoint. We can expect some sort of retro style packaging as well.

That's all Swami has on these vintage re-issues for now. But if the success of Mattel's classic He-Man reissues are any indication, these neo-vintage figures should be hot.

Remember that nothing is confirmed until it comes from the mouth of Hasbro, but Swami will definitely have more news in the coming months!

Believe in The Power Of The Swami!

--- Quote ---
--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version