Author Topic: Missing Figures: EpI Pod Racers  (Read 3736 times)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Missing Figures: EpI Pod Racers
« on: April 19, 2004, 11:15 AM »
Aldar Beedo

Aldar Beedo is Glymphid from Ploo II.  Driving his Manta RamAir MARK IV Flat-Twin Turbojet Podracer he took an early lead in the contest but fell behind and wasn't much of a factor in the race.  Action Figure chances are slim right now, he's rather uninteresting and there are more requested Pod Racers out there than good old Aldar.

Dud Bolt

Hailing from Vulpter the croc like Dud Bolt is one of the more visual appealing Pod Racers in Episode I.   He also wore a Sebulba style racing cap/goggle combo and is seen cruising in his Vulptereen 327 Podracer.  A slightly better chance of being made than Aldar, he shows up on wish lists from time to time.  I'd say of all the Pod Racers remaining Dud is in the top 5.

Clegg Holdfast

When the Episode I DVD was released additional scenes for the Pod Race were added to the footage.  One of those scene prominantly shows Clegg Holdfast, a Nosaurian from New Plympto bowing to the crowd. Clegg is also a journalist turned racer. Selbulba frys his Volvec KT9 Wasp Podracer with his hidden flamethrower on the second lap.  Clegg still manages to finish the race though coming in last place or 7th out of 7.  The other 11 racers were not so fortunate.  Probably in the bottom half of the 12 remaining racers, his chances of being made are not so good.

Ebe Endecott

A Triffian, Ebe Endecott looks like something out of Alice in Wonderland.  Ebe's ride is a JAK Racing J930 Dash-8 Podracer which he piloted to a 4th place finish in the Boonta Race.  He was actually one of the favorites behind Sebulba and his finish backed that up.  Again, not very likely to see Ebe any time soon in plastic.  Unless Hasbro eventually pulls out a Screen Scene type concept like they did with the Jedi Council.

Mars Guo

Mars Guo a Phuii from Phu was the Pod Racer on the receiving end of Sebulba's wrench on the second lap of the race.  His Collor Pondrat Plug-2 Behemoth Podracer didn't stand a chance in that one.  People seem to like Mars so he has a failry decent chance, probably in the top 5 of possibilities.

Part 5 of Missing Figures will continue to look at the Pod Race from The Phantom Menace.

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
Re: Missing Figures: EpI Pod Racers
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2004, 11:19 AM »
The more I think about the Pod Racers the more I think Hasbro should crank out some Screen Scenes ala the Jedi Council Sets.  There is no way they will ever get to the remaining 12 racers otherwise.  Not that there is a huge outcry for them like there is for more Jabba and Cantina aliens

I'm not a big fan of the little guys either.  A lot of it has to do with the design of the creatures themselves...hell even the Gran Mawhonic looks like crap in EpI

I'll get to the second set of 5 next week

Offline CHEWIE

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2004, 11:48 AM »
I think Screen Scenes would be the ultimate way to get these made.  Good idea OCB.  But since most of these guys are so tiny and lanky, I think the Podracer Screen Scenes should include more figures than 3.  Maybe 4-5.  Here's my ideas:

Scene I

Clegg Holdfast, Aldar Beedo, Dud Bolt, Mars Guo and Ebe Pacithip Podracer mechanic with a collapsed Pit Droid and engine parts

Scene II

Sebulba on massage seat w/ both of the blue Gella twins Twi'leks and Mawhonic (Ree Yees type mechanic) and a Pit Droid dragging a part to a Podracer

Whatcha think?  Eh?  Who would want these?  I definitely would.  They would be great for dioramas and excellent custom fodder!

:P

Offline Mainland05

• Jedi Apprentice
  • inventing a time machine :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2004, 01:43 PM »
That would be a great Idea, include all the characters along with their pod.  That would be totally awesome! ;D
Born & Raised Modesto Man. :)

SilverZ

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2004, 02:38 PM »
Thanks for another cool list.

Yeah, a Screen Scene would work nicely, and I'd like to see the racers with their flag and colorguard included.