Author Topic: Star Destroyer Wave  (Read 17293 times)

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
Re: Star Destroyer Wave
« Reply #30 on: March 23, 2004, 03:35 PM »
I heard that today as well, I'm starting to feel even more behind :P.  From the report over at GH, it sounds like these first sightings were at Wal-Mart (in Illinois I believe).  Hopefully everyone will be able to find this wave (and the next), I was worried the last couple waves before the OTC cards started might be difficult to pick up (Star Destroyer/Endor Generals).

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #31 on: March 23, 2004, 09:17 PM »
GH's report said it seemed like a lot...  

Still, I've yet to see Yavin wave here and I know they've hit this area but got picked up fast.  I figured that wave would fly off pegs, but yeesh...  This even surprised me.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2004, 09:37 PM »
Really annoying when dealing with waves with Armybuilders, eh?

I'm going to be pretty mad if I don't get atleast 10 Ozzels by 2005 (long term thinking here I guess)
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2004, 12:56 AM »
I'm really hoping the Jabba's Palace, Yavin, Endor, and Star Destroyer waves get rereleased on OTC cards. They'd fit in perfectly, so why not.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline Brian

• Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2004, 09:26 AM »
I agree HMI, I think it would be nice to see these waves on those sweet OTC cardbacks as well.  If they're going to do some rereleases anyways, they might as well be somewhat new figures...as long as they are not overreleased.  Of course, I don't really see much of anything pegwarm anymore around here, aside from the dignitaries and Outlander Club waves, and some of the animated Clone Wars stuff.

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2004, 12:52 PM »
I'm really hoping the Jabba's Palace, Yavin, Endor, and Star Destroyer waves get rereleased on OTC cards. They'd fit in perfectly, so why not.

I don't really care what the cardback is with these figures... as long as they are releasing and re-releasing in numbers where we can all find them in the quantities we want.   Though, seeing these on the OTC cards would be sweet.

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2004, 01:05 PM »
The only reason I want them on OTC cards is because retailers are likely dropping off their Saga ordering, which will end up making these figures harder than hell to find. It's happened with every line and/or packaging change, it'll really hurt in a non-movie year.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline obi-dad

• Jedi Initiate
  • I'm a llama!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2004, 01:33 PM »
I didn't think of that.... I'm still searching for an affordable Battle Amidala (assension gun) from Ep 1.   Besides, I've had a tough enough time with each wave starting with Hoth, though I can find those figures in abundance now.

Offline proudfather2

• Jedi Initiate
  • Todd
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2004, 09:03 AM »
Yes, they are, but what stores are getting them?  Is it Wal-Mart, Target, TRU, KB, K-Mart, Star Toys, ec.......... Which ones?

The "Northern Illinois Wal*Mart" story that told of "tons" of Ozzel, Bossk and Dengar has almost been proven bunk. That is, beyond the original teller, not another soul has confirmed this, not any of the numerous people from the numerous boards from the Illinois area. Sorry, in this high-tech computer-driven era we live in, surely there would be someone out there that could corroborate this story. Until then, it's just a fable to me.

To the best of my knowledge these haven't shown up anywhere at retail yet. Well, at least in nothing greater than trickling numbers anyway.

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2004, 10:58 AM »
One carded version is plenty for me...that's why I wouldn't buy a recarded Jango Fett, however I would buy a recolored version...like Han Hoth

Offline TheBlackDog65

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 31, 2004, 07:48 PM »
There's enought independant reports on other boards that I think the SD wave is hitting in small amounts; just like the Yavin wave. I do not think we will find either wave out three in abudance.
"For too long gentleness has been equated with weakness.  Yet it takes more strength to be gentle than to be mean."

John Keeshan

Wants: Saga Wave 3

Offline Jedirhino

• Jedi Initiate
  • The party's over....
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 1, 2004, 06:37 AM »
I have a heard a few sporadic reports over the course of the last 2 weeks...

Offline Boba Binks

• Jedi Padawan
  • The Most Feared Bounty Hunter on Naboo
    • View Profile
    • David Jonathan Syczylo
« Reply #42 on: April 1, 2004, 12:47 PM »
Found the wave at two different Wal-Marts today here in Indy.
For those of you looking for me. I am now at www.sandtroopers.com

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 1, 2004, 01:43 PM »
Still, I've yet to see Yavin wave here and I know they've hit this area but got picked up fast.

Keep your eyes peeled, Jesse. In what is NOT an April Fool's joke, NOT an imaginary story, my local Wal-Mart has not only put their four pegs back up, but loaded them with the Hoth wave, the Yavin wave, AND the Star Destroyer wave!

I also saw the Ultra Jabba figures at TRU. Spring is here!

Excuse me. I have to poop now.
Post sober.

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #44 on: April 1, 2004, 02:04 PM »
Woo-Hoo!

Not an April Fool's joke for me either, as I was also able to score the Star Destroyer wave today (MAJOR thanks for an assist from OCB).

Target had put out a few new Yavin wave cases AND a case or two of Star Destroyer wave from the looks of it.

Unfortunately for the rest of the Minesotans, I think Scott and I cleaned them out!

Jeff
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender