Author Topic: BE CAREFUL (Please Read about Super Clone)!!!  (Read 7030 times)

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
BE CAREFUL (Please Read about Super Clone)!!!
« on: December 15, 2003, 03:28 PM »
Be Careful with your new Super Articulated/Poseable Clones!

I got one just today and haven't been able to put the guy down enough hardly to get posts typed up, but in the time I've played with him I've learned that he does NOT pose well in the kneeling position.

I've seen people with him kneeling in pictures, and I believe they're doing possible damage to the thigh joint if they are doing this.  

When posting him so he kneels, one the leg which is up is being pried from its socket, and could tear the joint that holds it into the lower torso.

BE CAREFUL, because this leg plastic is the pliable kind and will tear if enough stress is applied to it.  I've not hurt mine, but I did notice it doing this while I was trying to pose my clone in a kneeling pose.

Perfect figure?  Guess not...  The ball/socket joint at the thigh/hip a couple of us have thought about would've gone a LONG way here in helping this figure pose kneeling down (or even sitting.  It's his armor that hinders his ability to move at the legs).

I'm not really that disappointed by this, and still consider this the best figure Hasbro's ever done, but it is proof to me that this isn't "perfect" and still has a few kinks to work out.

Maybe in future Super articulated figures???  :)  Hasbro?  Ya there?  Ya hear that?  Super articulated Fleet Troopers, and Stormtroopers, Scouttroopers, and Snowtroopers, and Hoth Rebel Troopers, and Endor Rebel Troopers, and and and...  Come on!  This Clone rocks!

EDIT:

By the way, I CAN get my Clone in a kneeling pose like on the back of the card, it's possible, but it's not easy and damage CAN occur if you try too hard to pose him like this...  So I hope this warning helps anyone possibly getting frustrated posing their clone(s) out there.

God this figure rocks!
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 04:00 PM by Jesse James »
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: BE CAREFUL (Please Read about Super Clone)!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2003, 08:42 PM »
That is the first I've heard of that anywhere on the Net, so that is good to know.  I don't own any of these yet, but I will be very careful when it comes time to adding some to my armies of Clone Troopers.  I knew this figure couldn't be 100% perfect, but like you said it still doesn't disappoint me whatsoever.  I can't wait to get some of these figures.
dustrho

Offline Valtar

• Jedi Initiate
  • Impressive... Most Impressive.
    • View Profile
    • Valtarz Customz 'n' Artz
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2003, 11:43 PM »
Well I have noticed that the legs are getting loose on one of mine that I have been playing around with,  So... just to confirm yes your correct the kneeling postion could damage the figure Be Careful guys.  This is still my Fav. Figure but as alot of people have stated it would of been nicer if they had added the Ball joints in the upper legs.

Offline Mister Skeezler

• Jedi Knight
  • Now with winning smile!
    • View Profile
    • misterskeezler on Instagram
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 10:10 AM »
ANOTHER WARNING!!!!

I just realized that if you have the SA Clonetrooper you will be at risk to waste your Christmas shopping time. You will put this guy in a million different poses, and only then realize you neglected everything else you were supposed to do because this figure is that good, ladies and gentlemen.
-------------------------------------------------
(Formerly LandotheScoundrel)

misterskeezler on Instagram

Offline Darby

• Jedi Knight
  • I'm not with that guy
    • View Profile
    • darbyharn.com
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2003, 06:22 PM »
 ;D  LOL Lando.  

SilverZ

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 06:36 PM »
Have to back this up - I have a flimsy legged SA Clone now too. You have to really push the legs to get the kneel position, and as a result the hip joints stretch because of the upper, wide portion of the armor. Bit of a bummer, really.

I just consider my loose-limbed trooper as "now with action kung-fu kick feature!"

J

Offline Famine

• Noderator
  • Jedi Master
  • Who watches The Famine?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2003, 12:59 PM »
I really need one of these bad boys, to see what all the fuss is about. Has anyone figured out if these are good for customs? Say...a SA Pilot?

Kevin
The picture kept, will remind me...

Offline Obi-Juan

• Youngling
  • Don't make me Pimp Smack you Vader!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 6, 2004, 01:58 AM »
I wish I knew what you guys were talking about.  I only have one and its carded.  I'm still waiting to find another one to open.    :'(
Pimp-Jedi.

Offline MisterPL

• Jedi Padawan
  • Sarcastic instigator at large.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 8, 2004, 03:24 PM »
I only have one and its carded.

Sounds like you may be better off.

And leave it to the Ralph Nader of the Star Wars collecting community to find fault with what is widely considered to be one of the best action figures of 2003. I'm sure once the lab results come in, we'll discover that what little paint app there is contains enough benzene to sterilize a small dog.

(I love you, Jesse.  :-*)
Post sober.

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #9 on: January 8, 2004, 04:14 PM »
Nothing is perfect...  Ever.  

Hey, I still love my clone damn you!  I only have 99 more to go, or so...  :)

(by the way, keep the mushy stuff on the downlow...  Sheesh, I'm getting looks around here!)
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2004, 11:29 PM »
Imrahil from Rebelscum says his figure ripped just as I mentioned here in my warning, so I'm glad I posted it and possibly helped a few of you not make the mistake of posing that leg too much....  Or at least being very careful with it when you do pose it.

I'd be livid if I broke the only damn one of this figure I got, that's for sure.

A ball/socket hip should become standard now too.  :)  Super Articulation taken to yet a whole other level!  

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • The one who dies with the most dioramas, WINS.
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com, the news that gets you the toys.
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2004, 08:10 PM »
I have 6 of these Clones, and they are "outstanding" and they are all loose. The only thing I do'nt like is the fact that they have no holes in the feet  to put them in the cool running postion they feature on the card. What gives? All this articulation and you have to hot glue them down in the running position ???

Offline Dressel Rebel

• Jedi General
  • En Sabah Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2004, 09:24 PM »
I have 6 of these Clones, and they are "outstanding" and they are all loose. The only thing I do'nt like is the fact that they have no holes in the feet  to put them in the cool running postion they feature on the card. What gives? All this articulation and you have to hot glue them down in the running position ???

Gotta have a dremmel dude  :D
This is what happens when you invade Wakanda

Offline JediKnight87

• Jedi Initiate
    • View Profile
    • Myspace
« Reply #13 on: February 6, 2004, 01:43 AM »
yo where are all the clone troopers at? They've disappeared into nothing... ( the SA troopers)
"Now I am the Master!"-Darth Vader

Offline Sandtrooper Dan

• Banned
  • Youngling
  • The one who dies with the most dioramas, WINS.
    • View Profile
    • Sandtroopers.com, the news that gets you the toys.
« Reply #14 on: February 6, 2004, 09:07 AM »
They have all disapeared from my local stores also Jediknight, that's why I was snagging them up like crazy when I saw them. I figured they would'nt last. :-\