Author Topic: Prototypes  (Read 1518 times)

Offline Reconsgt

• Jedi Apprentice
  • De Oppresso Liber
    • View Profile
Prototypes
« on: December 19, 2003, 03:32 PM »
 After a few threads have passed about the 21B sample and such as Chris Morins recent sales, I got a bug up my butt to aquire more vintage protos. Now I really feel like a kid at Xmas cause the wife just called and said a package from Steve York just arrived.  Another vintage first shot. POTF Poncho Luke. I want to leave work and rip into that package. ( will post pics over the weekend) Add to the fact Dale turned me onto the direction of another landspeeder item for that focus, its turning into a good day :)

Any way how many of you activly seek out protos?  Thoughts on the subject??

Personally for me I find them very interesting as a link in the chain to the figs we all have. To me its neat to have a sample that may or may not be the same as productions and in the case that it is not the same to see the differnces that lead to the eventualy changes into current format. Plus I like to have something a little differnt in the collection.

Wayne Roberts or you can call me Sarge

Offline dustrho

• Jedi Knight
  • AWESOME
    • View Profile
    • SANDTROOPERS.com
Re: Prototypes
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2003, 12:23 PM »
I don't own any prototypes, but it's something I've thought about maybe collecting someday.

Wayne, I can't wait to see the pictures of your new addition!
dustrho

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
Re: Prototypes
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 01:07 AM »
Congrats on the POTF Poncho Luke first shot Wayne.  8)  Looking forward to the pic's. I do not have any vinty protos thus far, only the modern Playskool ones but I sure would not mind getting my hands on a nice vinty one. All in time, just have to find one at a good price & one that appeals to me.  ;)