Author Topic: Ho Ho Ho, in the chilly frosty air...  (Read 9231 times)

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
  • What are you laughing at fuzzball?
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
Re: Ho Ho Ho, in the chilly frosty air...
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2004, 03:35 PM »
Now that you mention Bill Ward and that your intent is exaggeration, it makes sense. It's just something I'm not a big fan of. I'm glad you didn't take what I said in a negative way and I respect your ability and artistic knowledge. I am just from the school that says if you want to break rules or stretch them, you need to know and follow them first. From what I can tell, you have studied anatomy and have taken the true form and tinkered with it to suit your tastes. They are exceptional works. Your composition is well executed and the different pencil techniques you use to create value and create texture are a testament to your ability. Glad to see another well versed artist in the forums. Keep up the good work!
"There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny."

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2004, 11:03 PM »
Here’s Lara finding herself behind the eightball… ‘Appears this raider was unwise in picking her latest knockover, that tomb which is guarded by Mulac, one of the four giant Bacabs of Mayan myth- they being the sons of Itzamna, who held up the sky in its four corners. Mulac is the giant god of the North and associated with the color white.

"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Angry Ewok

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Master
  • The Ewok Village Idiot
    • View Profile
    • www.TowheeStudio.com
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2004, 01:52 AM »
Very cool, Bob - what's the dimensions of this?

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2004, 05:34 PM »
It’s on 9.5x12.5, paper manufactured by Schoellershammer, I use their No.8 paper, it’s very nice stuff, really smooth for shading with pencil, great for ink as well. Comes in a pad of 20 sheets.
"Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of State and corporate power."   -Benito Mussolini

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2004, 12:00 AM »
For some reason I'm getting a box with a red x in it. My Mac can't read your complex image languages...

Thanks for disclosing the materials you use Bob. I think we need to start a thread that details supplies that we like, use or recommend...

I use a Strathmore 500 series that's on the rough side (plate and hot press are too resistent and take longer for drying anad pencil has no tooth to bite into (unless you are Jim Lee). The cold press runs almost $2 for a 32" x 24" sheet (I think that's the size...), but it's so worth it.

If you want quality results, use quality materials! I wish the guys that built my house followed that...

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #20 on: October 5, 2004, 12:46 AM »
The Lara Croft is top notch Bob! Finally can see it! Are you trying to make a living from your exceptional ability or just like me - no time and tons of potential?

Althougth the 'buttman' slam has been edited I find it humorous that someone I do not know would take a high fastball that far out of the park. I asked for it and got it and if that person would like to discuss the matter further I am very easy to contact.

Offline Bob Crane

• Jedi Initiate
  • "Austria!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 5, 2004, 10:17 AM »
The Lara Croft is top notch Bob! Finally can see it! Are you trying to make a living from your exceptional ability or just like me - no time and tons of potential?

Hey, thanks, I’m glad you like it. Yes, I’ve been pushing filthy drawings on people through ebay and other venues for the last couple of years. Hopefully one of these days I’ll finish the story I’m working on and attempt to publish it, but as you said, there never seems to be enough time.

Althougth the 'buttman' slam has been edited I find it humorous that someone I do not know would take a high fastball that far out of the park. I asked for it and got it and if that person would like to discuss the matter further I am very easy to contact.

Sorry, I’m a little confused- did I miss something?

Offline Thomas Grey

• Jedi Padawan
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #22 on: October 5, 2004, 10:43 AM »
Yeah, I guess you did. Don't feel left out, I did too.

Some guy dropped in and decided to quote my comment and then made an uncalled for reply to it. Since it is a deleted post, I can fill you in if you want through an IM.

Offline JasperFett

• Youngling
  • I am a mighty mandalorian
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 6, 2004, 01:34 AM »
 ;DMan, that is some pretty good art. I am impressed, good job.

Offline Ner_vod

• Jedi Initiate
  • HAHA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 9, 2005, 04:14 PM »
Where's Padme?!!! :o