Author Topic: New Years Plans?  (Read 5295 times)

Offline Darth Kenobi

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
Re: New Years Plans?
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2004, 10:29 PM »
This New Year I don't have any fun plans since I'm working the weekend late and I'm in the process of moving.  Hopefully I will have time to update my collection with the moving process over the next week or so. ::)

Offline Scott

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Guardian
  • Get Some
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2004, 10:50 PM »
I think we'll be staying at home.  I'll make supper for me and the Mrs that evening and we'll crack a bottle or two of wine. 

Saturday we're going to Mall of America for some shopping and my parents are coming to watch the two weiner kids and for some Birthday cake (hint hint hint)

Offline Diddly

• Jedi Master
  • SECede
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2004, 11:41 PM »
Sit around, watch TV, and play Empire Earth with Vator and former member Master Newman.
http://diddlyscoop.blogspot.com
Twitter: @travis_banks

Offline Jesse James

• Staff Member
  • Grand Master
  • Slippery When Poopy
    • View Profile
    • JediDefender.com
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2004, 01:20 AM »
Uhm, well, was gonna go out but now we're down to going out Thursday to get out of the house...  Gonna go eat wings and ribs then drink heavily.

Friday then we're staying home, and watching SouthPark marathon.  Yay...  I'm content with that.

I haven't gone out for NYE in a few years now though, and that's starting to suck bigtime.
2011 Rebel Fleet Trooper Gets My Seal Of Approval!  But Where's The Friggin' Holster On Him!?
Jedi Defender.com Contributing Editor, Twitter @JediDefender & @Jesse_James77

Offline JesseVader08

• Retired Staff Member
  • Jedi Sentinel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2004, 01:37 AM »
I think my brother should be coming to town for New Year's Eve, so I imagine we'll hang around the house and basically talk about our collections.  Me: Star Wars; Bro: Movie Maniacs, etc.  So we'll relax and consume some Crown Royal.  I'm sure that my wifey will come up with a more formal plan, but that one works for me!

Offline Vator

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2004, 02:23 AM »
Sit around, watch TV, and play Empire Earth with Vator and former member Master Newman.

Yeah and we all know how that will end...with invasion trawlers  :P

I'm thinking I'm going to go hangout with some of my friends localy in the afternoon, come home and beat Newman and Travis soundly at EE, and watch the ball drop.

After that who knows, maybe I'll make a diorama or something since it'll be 2005. Next year is certainly going to be a big year...
- June 22, 2004 12:13 AM -

Offline Jeff

• Administrator
  • Jedi Elder
  • Leave me where I lie
    • View Profile
    • www.JediDefender.com
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2004, 09:39 AM »
Saturday we're going to Mall of America for some shopping and my parents are coming to watch the two weiner kids and for some Birthday cake (hint hint hint)

Tell them they're early, my birthday isn't for another two weeks...  unless?  A surprise party!  Awesome!   :P

Jeff

ps.
Uh, yeah, New Year's Eve?  Same as some of you other guys - home, by the fireplace with a nice bottle of wine.   :)
Editor-in-Chief  - www.JediDefender.com
On Twitter?  Follow JediDefender -> @jedidefender

Offline iFett

• Jedi Sentinel
  • wabbit hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2004, 06:27 PM »
Farmily party at my mom's place 2nd year in a row since she finally moved to Oakdale MN from Somerslept WI.  15-30 relatives.....Glad the holidays are coming to a close.
Learn new skills at home that some consider to be.....unnatural.  Easy repayment terms.  555-PLPTN

Offline Becky

• Youngling
  • Peace..
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2004, 11:40 PM »
I haven't really decided what I really want to do for New Year's Eve, I have been invited to a couple parties and to the bar.  But, this is the first New Year's I haven't had to work, I think, I would just like to stay home and rent some DVD's.  Basically,  I just want to relax.

If you all venture out, have a safe evening.

Take care.

Offline CorranHorn

• Jedi Apprentice
  • I can't think of anything witty to say...
    • View Profile
    • The Power Of The Customizer
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2004, 02:11 AM »
I'm doing dinner with some friends, then it's all about drinking and watching some really crappy movies and MSTing them. Well MSTing them as best as a bunch of drunks can. The beverage of choice that I'm bringing is jagermeister. Add some redbull and it's jagerbombs for everyone, wooooo!  :o
Jason F.

- FFURG Admin
- Vintage Needs: Micro Collection Snowspeeder box and pilots, Micro Collection X-Wing pilot

Offline Ben

• Jedi Master
    • View Profile
    • greatest blog ever written.
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2004, 02:25 AM »
I'm planning on watching Garden State and a couple other flicks I have that I haven't watched yet, but I'm positive that as soon as I order the pizza and open the first bottle of beer, someone will call and say they're partying and I should show.

Happens every year. I think I'll just turn the cell phone off, since I'm definetely going to relax instead of playing billiards at the crowded pool hall, and sucking at said game.
don't you know there ain't no devil, there's just God when he's drunk

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2004, 06:06 PM »
Yeah, I'm thinking about staying home and just relaxing... us old folks can't get out much anymore, ya know. I'll have a few friends over - Jack Daniels, mostly, plus whoever he decides to bring. I've got about 20 DVD's that I haven't watched yet, so I might be up for checking out one or two (or six, depending on how long I can stay awake).

I was also thinking about having a mini Alias marathon, just to prep myself for the start of the new season next week. I wonder if I can squeeze three seasons worth of episodes into two and a half days....

But, I'm sure that someone will call while I'm relaxing and tell me that there's a party somewhere that I just have to attend. And I probably will, if I can still walk when they call.

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2004, 08:06 PM »

Offline Morgbug

• Old
  • Jedi Guardian
  • mmm. pemmican.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2004, 08:17 PM »
Right back at ya.  Not doing much here.  Snowstorm killed our plans as most of the non-major streets are rather impassible at the moment, otherwise we were going over to friends that have kids also.  Whoopee ::)

Now if only I could figure out why the guy from down the street has his car parked in our driveway?  Didn't ask, his driveway is shoveled and it's been there for 6 hours ???
Minivans: a sign of the apocalypse.

Offline jokabofe

• Jedi Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2004, 08:22 PM »
Maybe he's drunk already??