Author Topic: Star Trek  (Read 28316 times)

Offline Nicklab

• Jedi General
  • Deceived? WHAT?!?!
    • View Profile
Re: Star Trek
« Reply #300 on: May 4, 2016, 10:56 PM »
The subscription aspect is probably more of a deterrent to me, too.  Unless CBS thinks that this show has the potential to be the centerpiece for this service. 
"You were entrusted to lead the Republic." - Vote for Ven Zallow from THE OLD REPUBLIC in figure polls!

Feedback

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 5, 2016, 11:57 AM »
I would certainly be interested, but I'm not going with a subscription service for one show.  I imagine there are a lot of people that think the same way.  However, lots of people are paying for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, etc., so who knows how it will work out.

Not sure if I would do it for THIS Show, but $6 a month is pretty cheap compared to on demand/rental costs.  A new release movie off comcast is $5-6 for 24 hour rental, so getting however many episodes of Star Trek for $6 a month seems pretty fair in comparison.
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes W T F. "

Offline DSJ™

• Staff Member
  • Jedi Council Member
  • Bouncy! Bouncy! I'm An Insane Kubrickaholic!™
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 21, 2016, 08:33 AM »
New Star Trek Beyond trailer is up...

Star Trek Beyond Trailer #2

Offline Chris M

• Jedi Apprentice
  • Time to nut up or shut up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 21, 2016, 09:18 AM »
Interesting.  The Star Trek franchise has taken an interesting turn from space exploration to confrontation.  I hope the story for this one is good and not just a series of look what we can blow up.  Seriously, how many times can the Enterprise get tore up before somebody loses their job permanently?
"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote."  Ben franklin

Embrace the suck.

Offline JediJman

• Jedi Guardian
  • I don't get drunk, I get awesome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 21, 2016, 11:03 AM »
Meh - I feel like this one has the potential to be a letdown.  There was nothing in that trailer that made this a must see for me.   :-\
"After Tuesday even the calendar goes W T F. "

Offline Scockery

• Jedi Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2016, 04:42 PM »
I think this one will under perform and they'll reduce the budget to future installments (this one has big budget, but it's less than Into Darkness), if not consider taking the film franchise in a new direction.